TKR Donna' s Recovery

Hi all! I havent posted in awhile but wanted to offer a quick update. I am healing very well, walking unaided although slow moving most days by my standards. Off all opioids which I am beyond grateful for. My OS would have continued to prescribe for 90 days but coming off them was ugly even with tapering so I decided no more. I am grateful I had them but even happier to be done with them.

I've been dealing with a serious depression that is now improving thankfully without medication. My fiance and his support and encouragement get credit for helping pull me back to the land of the living.

I am returning to work this Monday 2/25 which will do wonders for me I am sure although I expect to be totally wiped out for awhile. I am at least sleeping in my own bed again!!

I don't really have what I consider pain or even swelling, mostly just some discomfort in the back of knee if I walk alot. Other then that I feel grateful for my recovery and to be far enough on the other side to start living my life again. There have been some very very dark days so if your struggling hang on!! The light is coming!
 
Third month is tough. I was discouraged then as well. I'm really glad that you are doing better.
 
I had bilateral dec 7 . Holy hell of a road but I am feeling similar to what your going through.
How much pt are you doing still?

I still have pain and swelling but I’m on an aggressive pt regime . I think if I didn’t go to pt things would be less painful
 
That's a lovely positive post, so glad things are improving and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope the return to work goes smoothly. Don't overdo it though. :flwrysmile:
 
@Sagetek I did gentle pt 2 x week for 6 weeks and now I'm done. My daily living is doing the trick for sure in my case. I have had very little swelling and zero bruising which is a blessing. I see improvement daily now and getting back to work will be big for me.
 
Omg I just took a serious tumble in my bathroom. My operated leg got jammed up against me and the wall. I have a bad tear on my opposite hip. I'm only concerned about the new knee. Thank God my fiance was here because I needed help to get up because of the way I was jammed up against the wall and the bend of my knee. Please please pray this is not a setback. I'm going back to work Monday. Feeling scared.
 
Prayers and positive thoughts that you’re only bruised. Please let us know how you are.
 
Good vibes being sent your way... just try to relax and hopefully things will go back to normal for your return to work.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Omg I just took a serious tumble in my bathroom. My operated leg got jammed up against me and the wall. I have a bad tear on my opposite hip. I'm only concerned about the new knee.
Oh, my dear. I pray your are alright. Your implant is fine, I'm sure, but your soft tissues will be yelling at you for a few days. It's going to need extra TLC. You might need to postpone your return to work until the following Monday to give your tissues a chance to calm down.

How is that tear on your hip. I imagine that's going to be painful, too. I prayed for your quick healing.
 
@sistersinhim the gash on my hip bled more then I expected but it's more of a very bad scrape so it's going to be fine. I'm keeping a close eye on the knee. So far it seems okay but I imagine I won't really know until tomorrow. There is no pain or swelling at this point thank goodness. I'm sure the implant is okay so we will see about the rest. Thank you so much for the prayers because they work!
 
@donnag1108, how are you today? I fell directly on my less than a year old tkr a couple of years ago and my soft tissues let me know they were unhappy. I found that the more I iced and elevated it, plus bent it back and forth, the less it hurt. I pray your body isn't too sore this morning. And yes, prayer does work!
 
Sorry to hear of your bathroom tumble! That room is a hazard on a good day! I hope minimum damage and pain for you especially going back to work !:groan:
 
@gia2cats @Smokey253 @sistersinhim thank you all for the concern! I am so happy to report no pain or swelling this morning thank God! It may show up in a day or two but for now all seems fine. I did have a sleepless night I suspect due to my anxiety over the whole ordeal but I can catch up on that.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom