BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

[TKR] Donna' s Recovery

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by donnag1108, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Lindylee

Lindylee graduate

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :wowspring:You have made such progress in the past month, that's terrific news and gives us all encouragement. Thanks for posting. :flwrysmile:

2. donnag1108

donnag1108 senior

United States United States
    @SuzyQ58 it's hard some days for me to remember just how new into this recovery I am. My knee talks to me some days of I over do it but most days it does just fine and I am blessed there's not pain. I remember how I suffered with it before surgery using crutches to walk for the last two months before surgery so I count my blessings. I think the pain and stiffness is normal for us being in early recovery. Keep on keeping on!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. donnag1108

donnag1108 senior

Well how time flies! I am 6 months post op today and life is good! I am working full time, about 50 hours a week but have cut that down a little just for more balance in my life. My knee certainly is not the reason. It is so hard for me to believe it has only been 6 months. I really don't have any swelling to spite my very busy life. I feel a twinge of discomfort from time to time getting in my car after a long busy day and parts of my scar have disappeared completely. The first 3 months of my recovery I was absolutely miserable and I am so grateful for the support and encouragement I received here during those first hard months. Life is really wonderful with this new knee and now I am so happy I went through this surgery. I have my mobility and life back and I have lost about 20 pounds too! I hope I never forget the pain and misery I was in prior to meeting my wonderful surgeon and getting this gift of a new knee! I will need to rely on that when the time comes for the left, although putting that off as long as I can it will come one day in the next couple years. This recovery was so hard but in my case definitely worth it. I know many of you may be struggling and so did I but it gets so much better. I wish everyone the best of recoveries!

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Jockette

Jockette FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

That’s an awesome report! :happydance:

5. fenway09

fenway09 junior member

Thank you for the good cheer. I am only 20 days out and am in the miserable stage.....trying to take it slow and living with the ice machine all the time. Short walks to bathroom/kitchen and out to deck. Up and down stairs once a day, on some days. Have my first outside PT tomorrow for evaluation and suggested exercise plan.... .nervous......don't want any more pain. Ugh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Benay

Benay graduate

I'm so sorry about the constipation issue. It's the worst.