TKR Donna' s Recovery

@SuzyQ58 it's hard some days for me to remember just how new into this recovery I am. My knee talks to me some days of I over do it but most days it does just fine and I am blessed there's not pain. I remember how I suffered with it before surgery using crutches to walk for the last two months before surgery so I count my blessings. I think the pain and stiffness is normal for us being in early recovery. Keep on keeping on!
 
Well how time flies! I am 6 months post op today and life is good! I am working full time, about 50 hours a week but have cut that down a little just for more balance in my life. My knee certainly is not the reason. It is so hard for me to believe it has only been 6 months. I really don't have any swelling to spite my very busy life. I feel a twinge of discomfort from time to time getting in my car after a long busy day and parts of my scar have disappeared completely. The first 3 months of my recovery I was absolutely miserable and I am so grateful for the support and encouragement I received here during those first hard months. Life is really wonderful with this new knee and now I am so happy I went through this surgery. I have my mobility and life back and I have lost about 20 pounds too! I hope I never forget the pain and misery I was in prior to meeting my wonderful surgeon and getting this gift of a new knee! I will need to rely on that when the time comes for the left, although putting that off as long as I can it will come one day in the next couple years. This recovery was so hard but in my case definitely worth it. I know many of you may be struggling and so did I but it gets so much better. I wish everyone the best of recoveries!
 
That’s an awesome report! :happydance:
 
Thank you for the good cheer. I am only 20 days out and am in the miserable stage.....trying to take it slow and living with the ice machine all the time. Short walks to bathroom/kitchen and out to deck. Up and down stairs once a day, on some days. Have my first outside PT tomorrow for evaluation and suggested exercise plan.... .nervous......don't want any more pain. Ugh.
 
I'm so sorry about the constipation issue. It's the worst.
 
Almost 10 Months! Unbelievable how fast time flies. I could not have imagined how much my life would have improved. After the first 3 months, which we sheer torture I have had an amazing recovery with no issues and the mobility I had missed for so many years has returned better than ever. Again as always I attribute this to an amazing surgeon and his equally amazing staff. I hope everyone is well and if you are struggling you have to hang in there. The reward can be so worth it!
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom