TKR Donna' s Recovery

Ugghh.. 2 am awake. No pain at all. I dozed off for about an hour. I have an appointment with my Primary Care Doctor tomorrow for first time since surgery and will see if she can help. Not sure if there's anything she can do but she's a wonderful doctor so I know she will help if she can. Good news is my episodes of depression while not gone completely do seem to be improving. I have a fairly busy week ahead so that may help. As always will be walking that fine line not to over do it. Time marches on. I am so ready to return to work but have decided just to take it easy and make the most of the remainder of my time off.
 
Just wanted to tell you how helpful I am finding your recovery postings. LTKR tomorrow and I am alternating between can’t happen soon enough and what am I doing! Being able to read about your experience is a so reassuring. Thanks for sharing!
 
@thegoose2 that's what this forum is all about! It helps me to get it out and I am so glad it may help others. I really didn't have many doubts going in but I have to give that credit to my surgeon I trust him completely. This is not easy but the days are slowly getting better. We are here for you and you will do fine!
 
Good visit with my Primary Care Doctor today and the best part is with proper spacing of meds I can now take my sleep meds while on pain meds. This makes me very happy as it has always been very effective at helping me sleep and I really need that right now as we all do! We will see how it goes at bed time tonight.
 
Great visit with PT. No pain! He really gets that. Ran a few errands and now I'm done for the day. Will cook a nice but simple dinner later. Leg is aching but I think I did a little too much walking during my errands or tried to squeeze too much into one day. Getting in and out of the car is the worst of it right now. Good day so far! It's nice on these days when I feel like I'm back in the land of the living!
 
7 hours sleep last night in my bed and not the couch!! Thank God my doctor let me go back on my sleep meds. I think I may have started to turn a corner with this recovery. I have a long way to go but I'm seeing improvements daily now. It does get better thank goodness.
 
Had another good night for sleeping and back in my bed. It really makes such a difference in overall health and peace of mind to get enough sleep. Feeling good. Refilling meds today and that should be the last of the oxy thank goodness. My Pcp has me on a schedule to slowly wean off so I hope this is the last of the opiods. I am grateful my OS has filled them for me without issues during this journey and grateful for the medication itself. It has really kept my pain under control. PT this afternoon which I actually look forward to these days. It's a good day.
 
So happy to hear you are doing so well and your doc has a good plan re: the pain meds.
In your earlier post you said your leg was aching a bit after doing errands. It's pretty normal to overestimate how much the leg is up for at some point during this recovery. But it's clear you are making progress!
 
PT today went very well. I still have the sensation of my knee giving out on occasion and a bothersome pain in the back of my knee. Any ideas on this or anyone else with these issues. I can't really complain though walking pretty much unaided now although I'm slow.
 
I am feeling especially blessed today. Seems I can wall unaided almost normal today. No pain except occasionally. I still have plenty of the pain meds and I am on a weaning off schedule my pcp put me on so I expect to return to work before too long though I do have the option to take the whole 12 weeks. This is where I have to be careful because I'm feeling so good would be very easy to get into the over do it club. I have such wonderful doctors and now an awesome PT and just feel incredibly blessed. Also very greatful for all the support here.
 
I had a pretty good week last week and mobility is getting better and better along with everything else and yet out of the blue last night for no reason here came the tears. I went off to the bathroom and had a good cry because my poor fiance probably already thinks I'm crazy. When is the weepiness going to stop!
 
That varies for everyone, I cried buckets! :console2:

At 5 months post op something came up and I totally overreacted and had a huge melt down. I also seem to get angrier than usual over things since surgery and I’m going on 2 years. I used to be such a sweet person. :angel:
 
@donnag1108 , hope you feel better soon this recovery is definately like being on the emotional roller coaster, fear, pain, frustration, joy, ellation, we seem to get them all, mostly I love how elated we are when we achieve a goal or cry tears of joy when you can finally get your own leg in the bed :))))
 
Last edited:
Be glad that you are able to cry. Tears are healing, both physically and emotionally! The vast majority of us have had a good cry or two during this recovery, and that's men and women! You are part of the normal group!
 
Angry this morning! I awake a call from one of the minions handling my short term disability case. She proceeded to ask why I had not attended all of my PT sessions before starting with my new PT. Ummmm..IT HURT that's why. My doctor and employer bother gave me 12 weeks off in writing with no stipulations of mandatory PT if there is such a thing. The disabiity insurance tells me I need to get back to work immediately because they onlyn approved 6 weeeks. I didn't know they could control this. I just want to heal in peace
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom