TKR Donna' s Recovery

I just noticed something very interesting. My surgery knee is not swollen at all and my other knee is swollen quite a bit. It will also need replacement in the not too distant future. Comparing the two side by side it had not occurred to me how swollen my operated leg was all the time before surgery and it's no longer in that condition. I suppose I had just gotten so used to it looking that way. It's amazing what we adapt to and I am happy to have a knee that is out of pain and not swollen in as long as I can remember. A great reward from my surgery.
 
Hi @donnag1108
Sorry to hear about your scary incident, and glad it wasn’t worse. No pain and swelling the following morning is a very good sign, but soft tissue may still not be too happy about what happened. Keep the ice handy Just in case.
 
@donnag1108 Sorry to hear about your fall! Glad you are OK!
Regarding your non operative knee, I have had the same observation with mine. The former "good" knee is now the bad one... That means the operative one is the better one!!!! I noticed with mine, one day the pain and swelling just seem to go away. The operative leg is SO much better than it was before.:yahoo: All the pain during recovery is now worth it....
 
I returned to work today and while I am tired my knee did very well for my 9 hour workday! No swelling this evening and just minimal discomfort in the back of my knee. My amazing employer and co workers were so happy to see me and I am thrilled to have this part of my life resume. I feel extremely grateful for my blessings tonight.
 
What an uplifting post! How blessed you are to not have swelling after your first day back to work. For at least a week don't do anything else but work. This will give your knee time to recoup from your work day. You can slowly start adding other activities to your day after work, but always wait and see how your knee reacts before doing too much.
 
That's great news. It must be such a boost that it all went well. It's great when we feel we're getting some sort of normalcy back in our lives. I am so pleased for you, sensible advice from Sister. Take care.
 
I’m so pleased for you. I can’t wait to get back to the real world again too. I thought it would happen way sooner than it has for me.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Second day back at work today. I work full time and average about 9 hours a day. I'm not nearly as tired as yesterday and there is no swelling or pain with my knee just an occasional ache. I am truly amazed but the credit must go to my wonderful surgeon. I am staying cautious as I don't want to push my luck but I just can't believe how my knee is responding. My depression was severe at times after my surgery which is not like me at all and it is gone! I am also sleeping well again in my bed. I am so glad I went back to work, I think it's what I needed. I felt desperate at times and like it would never get better. If your struggling take heart and hang on, brighter days are ahead!
 
@donnag1108 OMG!! I didn’t get any notifications about all of your posts (I barely get any anymore and find posts by accident now! :tantrum2:)

I am so sorry to hear about that fall! How scary!! I was reading and scrolling thru your thread then looking for updates and was so relieved to hear all was ok and in fact you are doing great with work. :yes!:

How inspiring! Can’t wait to see what comes next for you now....
 
Its the end of my first week at work and I worked about 50 hours. I must say I am just amazed at how well my knee has done for 11 weeks out. There is very minimal swelling tonight and no pain just some slight stiffness. When I first went back Monday I had a little bit of discomfort in the back of my knee and that is gone!

I have sang my surgeons praises during my whole journey because he and his staff are amazing but I think this speaks for itself. They refilled my pain meds today just in case I would need it at night from time to time. I see him on March 11th and I can't wait to express my gratitude for him and his staff. His PA called me today to let me know about the refill and see how I was doing after returning to work. I am so grateful I found this wonderful doctor and I wish anyone who ever had this surgery could know a surgeon like mine. Returning to work has been the best thing hands down for my continued recovery!
 
:yahoo:

That’s fantastic!!! You did it! You came out the other side. Soooo happy for you!!

The OS is such a big factor in this. My heart breaks for those that don’t have that support.
 
That is terrific news. You sound so much happier. Getting back to normality can be such a boost. I'm so pleased for you. :happydance:
 
Hip hip hooray! :cheers: 50 hours of work with minimal pain :wowspring:thanks for the positive post. Hoping for many normal weeks for you:yes!:
 
You are proof that some people do have miracle healing! What fantastic news.
 
I'm so blessed to report another blessing with my recovery. I took my fur monster for a short walk this evening and I didn't even notice until we were almost back I am walking 100% normal this evening! My gait and stride have not been like that since my teenage years! God is so good all day every day! I'm absolutely thrilled with my results at 11 weeks and this comes after going back to work this past Monday and working a 50 hour week!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom