TKR Donna' s Recovery

My new PT used a TENS machine today and I loved it! I am really considering buying my own does anyone have any suggestions for a decent one that's not too pricey?
 
I bought one from Amazon. It was under $30 and works really well. I think they're all similiar. I just read reviews.
 
Sleep finally came to me last night in the form of about 7 hours and I only woke twice and was able to go back to sleep. I also only took tylenol before going to bed so it wasn't the pain medicine that put me out, I really think sheer fatique finally got me. Whatever it was I am very happy about it. Yesterday was a good day. Got back to driving and as I was coming home I could see the snow capped mountains. It was warm enough to put my window down and get some fresh air. Finally a glimpse of my normal life. It will take a lot more time but I knew for sure it really is going to be okay.
 
@donnag1108
:loveshwr:
Congrats on having the opportunity to remember what is out there to get back to. Our lives become so consumed with therapy and pain and isolation that we forget there is a whole world out there waiting to join it again new and improved. Can only get better from here now!!
 
Very rough night. The last dose of opiods I took was early Friday evening and switched to just tylenol I guess to sort of try to test the waters a bit. By about 24 hours later it was getting rough. Tylenol did little to nothing and pain was getting pretty bad and I am pretty sure I was experiencing withdrawels. I was freezing one minute and sweating the next. Also just felt generally terrible. I was able to doze off a few times. The withdrawel symptoms are gone this morning but not the pain so I went back to the opiods. I now know what to expect anyway and will definitely taper instead of just stopping.
 
I have been very hardheaded about taking them but my OS have me a stern talking to last week at my appointment about that. He wants me feeling well enough for PT and other things and if that means staying on meds longer so be it.
I read this on another thread and just wanted to comment, if you can’t do PT without pain meds, especially prescription ones, then you are doing too much PT, or inappropriate PT.

I hope your new PT will continue to be as good as they’ve started out to be. Don’t do things that hurt and don’t allow them to hurt you. It is not necessary. You will recover better by not doing painful PT.
 
@Jockette I totally agree! That's why I switched. I did not take any pain meds before or after PT with my new provider last week and it was wonderful! I really made it very clear what I would and wouldn't do going in. He also agreed 100% pain meds should definitely not be needed for any PT activities.
 
That’s awesome!
 
I just took my dog for a short walk for the first time is so long! What a blessing I have missed that so much. The little guy was so excited when I grabbed the leash. He has been the absolute best therapy during this didficult time. Knee is feeling really strong and steady today. Greatful!!
 
Made a very short trip to the grocery store today. I only needed a couple of things but It was a good test. Walked around a couple minutes and did okay. Some pain back of my knee but not bad. I have to say for larger trips I have become a big fan of the walmart pick up service. It's free and they bring everything right to the car, you don't even have to go in. I'm seeing my PCP tomorrow as she made me promise to come see her after surgery. I have been truly blessed with wonderful medical professionals. Got a few hours sleep last night. All in all pretty good day other then fatigue.
 
With the Walmart pick up, do you tip them?
 
@Jockette that's a very good question and it never occurred to me about that. Im going to inquire about that but I have been very very happy with it. It will be great when I go back to work too because I know I will be very tired for awhile and I can just pop by there after work.
 
@Jockette and @donnag1108

I’ve used the service once, tried to tip, and was told that accepting tips was against Walmart policy.

Tried to tip another time when a man working in the Walmart garden department went way above and beyond in helping me load heavy bags of soil, etc. and was told the same thing.
 
@ebungalow Thank you! Sometimes I feel tipping is very awkward, unless I know for sure it’s the thing to do.
 
Smart idea to use pick up service.
We started home delivery of groceries for big orders..especially heavy stuff like cases of water.
Isn't it nice to be out and about for a little while?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom