I appreciate this post so much. I had no clue I'd experience post op blues. I had extreme anxiety pre surgery, but thought I'd feel relief after. I went in for core decompression on my left hip, what was supposed to be day surgery, but ended up admitted because of post op low blood pressure and unmanaged pain. I was a mess in there and thought it was mainly because of being admitted when I thought I'd get to go home. Then in the middle of the night I had a nurse who I didn't know, answer my bell when I had to pee and she made me cry. My nurse was bringing me a commode because I couldn't get up yet to use the Walker due to my low bp so when this other nurse came she insisted I use the Walker, but not explaining to me kindly but rather sarcastically stating "So, at home you're planning on using a commode then...." I was so confused and baffled by her tone, not to mention in pain, doped up on pain medication so my mind was fuzzy, feeling like garbage from the earlier anaesthesia, dizzy from the low bp, and exhausted from no sleep, and now feeling so vulnerable and embarrassed about needing a commode that I couldn't explain myself so instead I just sobbed and asked her to leave.
The morning before I was discharged my OS came to see me because he claimed to not understand why I was in so much pain..... ummm, you cut open my thigh and drilled into my hip 6x, so is that supposed to tickle? I felt so belittled. I explained to him how I'm tough and I've weathered a lot of pain, especially this past year and a half with chrohn's and rheumatoid arthritis, so when I actually verbalize I'm in pain, trust me, I'm in pain!
So here I lie in my bed at home now 5days post op, grateful I'm home and out of hospital, but feeling sad and weepy. Stuck in bed because I can't get far on crutches with low blood pressure, pain, and fatigue. I'm to stay off my leg for 4 weeks until I see my OS for xrays.
Anyhow, just taking it one day at a time and I'm grateful to have found this forum.