Guest viewing is limited

Depression/post-op blues - open for all

Thank u. Yeah I was told about the club but I have to wait. Im on SS CANT DO IT RIGHT NOW
 
@First timer We can certainly understand about the fixed income. As far as which joint replacements is easiest, it usually goes shoulder replacement is easier than hip with knee being the biggest challenge in our experience. Having had a hip and then shoulder, mine followed that pattern. Your hip is a weight bearing joint so it still has to do that while it's healing. Using assistive devices to help you be mobile could stress that new shoulder a bit as well. The first week or two are the most intense and uncomfortable. Each day getting just a bit better than the last. Frequent icing, elevation of the limb and regular pain meds will be your go to's for this period. Get up and walk regularly but don't overdo. Sleep will be elusive so nap when you can. This is all temporary so hang in there. Blessings for a good, healing recovery.
 
During my hip replacement on August 20th I suffered an inter-operative femur fracture. Because of the fracture I can’t put any weight on the leg. The surgeon finally admitted the fracture will delay my recovery for six to eight weeks. I’m so depressed when I read about when I read about people being able to use a cane 2.5 weeks post op. Has anyone else had an inter-operative fracture.
 
YES I have and it is so difficult - my original replacement in February got infected so they had to take it out and put in an antibiotic spacer and THEN I stepped wrong and broke my femur while at home. Still on crutches and the Doc says it had to totally heal before they replace another permanent hip joint
I have been out of work and struggling to keep my spirits up. The nice summer has helped but here in Seattle it is going to start getting dark and rainy and I hope to keep my attitude positive
I can understand and sympathize :console2:
Justine
 
@Brierrose
@Justine15
I am sorry for the complications you're both dealing with. :console2:
Reading all of the success stories here likely makes you feel sad as you find yourself struggling through your own recovery. It's okay to feel down and frustrated some days, but you've only taken a detour, it's not the end of your healing journey. These extra weeks of healing aren't wasted time, your body is repairing and getting stronger and while progress feels slow, it's still progress. One day you'll look back and realize how far you came. So keep celebrating every milestone, rest when you're feeling tired and feel free to vent here when you need a listening ear. Take it one day at a time. You will get there!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom