Guest viewing is limited

THR dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed
Report, Dede. Sounds as if life is pretty much back to normal for you with things still improving as you go along. Keep up the good work and don't become a stranger.

Take care and keep us updated. We care. [Bonesmart.org] dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed
 
Hi Dede,
Thank you so much for your inspirational update.You are doing great.It must be wonderful for you to be able to do water aerobics and to be able to walk 1.5 miles without pain.As well as all that you are managing work and your domestic life. It's great to hear how well you have done as my date is getting closer,just 2 weeks to go.Keep us up to date
 
Great report! Thanks for updating, fellow warrior.
 
Great report! Thanks for the update. :thumb:

I actually tripped and fell (darn vines and stupid me for not paying attention when I went off trail) on my operated side on Sunday. :yikes: Scared the bejesus out of me, but I appear to be fine. I was lucky I was on some soft ground. Did you actually fall, too? Sounds like you are ok too :)
 
No, didn't fall but I stumbled and stomped pretty hard on my operated leg and nada. Boy was I relieved... whew! It was like my twin sister Grace came to visit. :heehee:
 
... and the saga continues.

So, I'll start off by saying my hip feels great. Now, just when things should have continued down that path, I feel a curveball is heading in my direction. Dang it. :gaah: There's a chance I have a stress fracture in my foot and I've got an impingement of some sort in my left ankle. I'm trying really hard not to limp, but I've aleady noticed my stride shortening because of it. So, I haven't been hiking, but obviously the longer walks must have gotten the best of me. I can't imagine it coming from the water aerobics...

I went to my foot guy (did my heel surgery almost 6 yrs ago). They took x-rays and the fracture was inconclusive (stress fractures are notoriously hard to see on xrays, but sometimes they can see subtle changes in healing to suspect it). So we've decided to do an MRI w/contrast. It's not scheduled until April 1st with a follow-up on the 3rd. So I've been icing and had to start back on the advil/tylenol cocktail. And I wait... got too much else going on to dwell on things. Will deal with the results when we know something definitive.

Hope the rest of you are doing well!
 
:gaah: is right! Sorry to hear about this. That's really not fair! Can you continue with water exercise or do you need to rest the foot? I hope the MRI gives you some answers
 
Oh, what rotten, rotten luck. I'm sorry, you don't deserve this, it isn't fair, and I want to throw a hissy fit:hissy:on your behalf.
Keep us posted.
 
Darn it, hissy fit is right. Hope that you could do the water aerobice, like nerdgrrl was talking about. It never ends, will be thinking of you and hoping that this willl just be a small glitch and hope everything else is going well and that you are not too overworked
 
Thanks nerdgrrl, sissy46, and bellaroma for stopping through to commiserate with me. :cry: I'm going to go to the pool tomorrow morning and see how it does. We agreed I shouldn't do anything that makes it hurt more so I won't know how it does until I get in the pool and move around. I'm probably more worried about hiking my behind out of the pool when we're done!

My goal of this fiasco is to not let it become a chronic issue. I've had enough of that noise!

I only have one road trip for a consult and a half day training to do between now and my appointment. Rest of the time I'm scheduled for phone support at my desk. He also mentioned that I could wrap it for extra support (ace/compression bandage) or even splint or put it in a boot if necessary (I still have my boot from the old surgery). Right now my shoes seem to support it pretty well, so I'll try and refrain from walking barefoot as much as possible.

I'll post any updates if anything changes (a miracle might be nice...). Thanks again for stoping in! :console2:
 
What bad luck... Let's pray for that miracle... Come on warrior girls.. Send our wish out to the universe for our 'inner rule warrior' :)
 
Poppet, well...our "inner rule follower warrior" is being mature and sensible about dealing with this, and the rest of us are :gaah: :hairpulling: :hissy: :tantrum: :headbang:
 
dede62 Sorry to hear about your foot problem. That's rotten luck. I would like to add my prayers and good wishes for your recovery to everyone else's
 
[Bonesmart.org] dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed
So sorry about your foot and ankle---if it ain't one thing---and it's never just one thing, is it? Hope it can be taken care of easily. Too bad the warriors can't scare it away.

Take it easy and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed
 
sissy46.... dede62 knows that we will vent all her frustration for her... Warrior girls together :)
 
Kim22, Poppet, and bottomshollow, thanks for you caring support. This too shall pass. With all the ups, I had to come down off of the clouds sometime! :sigh:

sissy46, thanks for helping me vent! :tantrum:

The pool was fine during class and getting out was the toughest part. It was a little sore this afternoon, so under ice wraps it went!

I forgot to mention that I saw an aquaintance at the pool (one of the regular mermaids) and she had her hip done last May. She had a posterior approach and ended up with a 10" scar. She said it had taken her six months before she could walk without a limp. Just another case where all recoveries are different!! Any newbies listening out there? :)
 
So does that mean you can continue with the water aerobics?

Yeah, probably so at this point. I've only been starting back on Saturday mornings, because during the week, it's a later class and I don't make it home until about 9:45. Even though that's bedtime (for this old broad), sometime I'm too wound up after class to go straight to bed and 5:30 comes around pretty quickly the next morning... I'm going to see if I can get away with some shorter walks (and a couple times a day) rather than all at once. I'll scale back to once a day, then try and build back up. Might find out it won't work out, but I'll play it by ear.

Any plans for you this weekend?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom