THR dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't feel too bad about auto-correct. Fartingdog's name got changed to Davefd.
 
Glad you are doing well, and if the traffic is light it should not be a bad ride, getting stuck in traffic is the worst as there is no option to get out an stretch the leg. I have been and on and off again Spartucus watcher, but love your canes name, it so fits. I especially like the kick butt aspect:thumb:
 
I agree with Beth. I love your cane's name. So strong and manly sounding.

Wonder why auto-correct didn't catch my name :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed
Well, fortunately for you, it's not considered offensive. The forum does have to consider the sensibilities of a large population from all over the world---so some things just have to be censored. But I think you have to admit, we do have a good sense of humor here and are pretty broad minded.
 
I selected my user name when I was really feeling the same way. I had just gotten the news about my hip. It could have been another 4-letter word but cleaned it up considerably. Had no idea at the time that this forum would be my lifeline to understanding and compassion. At least it is unique :)
 
Hi all. Sorry I'm just checking back in. The week went OK being my first 5 day week back at work. There were a couple bumps in the road. Tuesday wiped me out once I made it home. I had to drive an hour to a client site have aa 3.5 hour consult wnd drive back to work. Then on Friday my backache reared its ugly head again. I ended up icing at 5am before having to get up for work then I iced on and off all morning at work. Good news is that all the icing seems to have helped. I went ahead and scheduled an injection for my back later in the month. Hopefulky that will also help things calm down. I hit 9 weeks on Monday. Can't believe it's gone so quickly...

Hope everyone is doing well and has a good week next week!
 
You are doing so well, and I'm glad the icing has helped your back---good that you can do it at work, too. Hope you're having a nice weekend.
 
Hi Dede, The full time week can really hit you, it gets better. Heck even if you're on a fun vacation coming back is hard, nevermind what we've been through. I'm glad the ice helped and while I know you we're hoping to avoid the shot, hopefully it will have you up and running .
 
Has anyone noticed if their operated side foot turns inward occasionally? I've noticed sometimes when I'm walking or if I'm standing at a counter that I'll notice that my right foot is turned in (pigeon-toed). It's only on that side and as soon as I realize it I straighten it up. I'm hoping/thinking it's a muscle strength thing going on and doc didn't put my leg back together crooked...
 
Hi Dede, I've noticed exactly the same thing just the past week! Have asked friends if they notice it when I'm walking but they say I'm walking perfectly straight (with crutches still). Before the op I had such a bad limp and was walking with the foot prominently turned outwards, I thought maybe I was just feeling like the foot was turning inwards? I'll check it with PT this week...
 
I haven't noticed it when I walk, but I seem to be doing it in my sleep...to the point that I have a sore ankle. Weird. I have actually been doing the ankle exercise where you trace the letters of the alphabet to strengthen my ankle. It does seem to help.
 
Hi Dede, My feet have always turned in a bit, but it has been because of weak ankles, maybe the muscles need strengthening
 
Thanks all for the replies. Just another thing to put on the 'gotta work on that' list!
 
Jo posted an article in the Library (see link below) regarding returning a patient's blood back either through blood salvaged during surgery and filtered or blood recovered via a wound vacuum. I actually had the filtered wound vacuum blood returned to me. I checked with hubby and I didn't receive any other additional blood other than from this process. I got one unit back and the remaining partial unit I'm guessing went to waste as they said it wasn't enough. So interestingly enough I didn't have but so much swelling throughout my recovery and I didn't become anemic while in our out of the hospital. The only thing I had was somewhat prolonged low blood pressure in the 90/60 range (lower than my normal bp of 110/70) for most of my home recovery.

Anyone else have this done?

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/blood-transfusing-reusing-blood-from-surgery.17812/#post-405913
 
It can be quite common during surgery to recycle blood..

dede62 even at 14+ months I have noticed that my operated leg, foot, toe sometimes turns inwards.. I find myself correcting my stance quite frequently.. at this stage I don't believe it is a problem once past any restrictions.. But it is just habit now for me to correct it.. Pretty much like, I never crossed my legs since a chiropractor told me many years ago... Not good for you...
 
Uh oh. Leg crossing at the knee or ankle? I've always had trouble crossing at the knee so I don't do it that way. I'm more of an ankle crosser. Hopefully I can still get away with that...

I'm glad I don't need to go back to my doc demanding a refund for putting my leg on crooked. :heehee:
 
Dede, is Spartacus really good, or do you just like seeing that hotty's naked chest? I haven't watched, but I have seen pictures. Should I put Spartacus in my Netflix queue?
 
Sissy, oh yeah... But beware as it is extremely graphic on a number of fronts. Might be too much for some. You have been warned :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom