Guest viewing is limited

TKR Chugging Down the Track to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad that the facility is up to par!!!! That must be a weight off your shoulders! And YEAAAA that Paul is progressing!! It's wonderful that he has folks to talk to, and yes, even the ladies to 'flirt' with. It will make his stay there fly by. I am praying for both of you, and that the next 20 days bring big improvement to his mobility. He will feel so good when he can get up on his feet, and so will you!
I know that once he is home you will be able to give him the best care there is. There is nothing better than an informed,motivated and caring loved one to get things taken care of.
WONDERFUL!!
 
Judy and Paul,
Wonderful. So glad to hear that the switch seemed to work out so well for you. If paul keeps progressing like he is we will have to put a leash on him to keep him restrained. I am so happy for yu both that things are working out so well.
 
So pleased by this report about the skilled nursing place.
 
Hi Judy, so pleased that Paul is recovering well, slowly, but then it is a marathon not a sprint as I keep telling the hippies. :)

I think it is wonderful also that Paul is taking control, fantastic, what a champion he is... walking next? [Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
 
Judy, I finally caught up with Paul's thread! Whew! What a ride the two of you have been on, but it sounds like everything is going well and I am so happy! :happydance:

Yes, those are the best knee scars I have seen at 2 weeks, months etc! Keep on chugging Paul, and Judy carve out some extra me time before Paul gets home. The Caretaker gets overwhelmed and forgets that they need to treat themselves with some TLC also! :friends:
 
Hi Judy,
I'm just catching up on your thread about Paul's recovery. His knees look great! You are such a wonderful wife and caretaker.
Bless your sweet and helpful heart!
 
Just catching up with your posts . Scars look fabulous . So pleased he is happy with new place, sometimes being happy in a place can make a big difference. Good luck
 
How are you and Paul going Judy?
 
Well, we're both doing the best we can. Paul's muscle strength is increasing slowly but surely. He is able to get himself up from a prone position on the bed to sitting on the side by himself (keep in mind he has balance issues). He is using his feet and legs to propel the wheelchair, and they have been working with him with the sit to stand lift in standing supported but putting increasing weight on his legs. Today they are going to try him on the parallel bars.

He's working hard, but really, really wants to be home. But he's keeping his chin up---he's a good patient and always jokes around with the staff. Two more weeks, and he will be home regardless; and then we'll have in home PT for as long as Medicare will pay 100%. Then it will be just us.

I'm fine during the day when I'm with Paul, but by the time I get back home in the late afternoon, I'm just tired. I'm getting 8 hours sleep a night, and I'm making myself eat properly now which I was not doing for the first three weeks. I guess part of what makes me feel tired is that so much needs to be done at home and when I'm here I just don't have the energy to get it done. But this too shall pass, and life will get back to a more normal pattern when Paul gets home. And the day IS coming when we can look back and know that all of this was more than worth it---just can't get here soon enough!! I keep reminding Paul and myself ----TIME & PATIENCE!

Thanks for asking and thanks for caring. Don't know what I'd do without my BoneSmart family.
 
Judy, Paul has a long hard road to go, starting with such a deficit. But keep you eye on 2013, and how much better life will be next year at this time! I'm always thinking of you and wishing you the best!
 
Hopefully things will get back to better than normal, once Paul's recovery is more advanced. What a challenge you're both facing. Wishing you patience and strength.
 
Paul and Judy,
So happy to hear that such good progress is being made. Hoping the next few weeks will keep going in the same direction. Although it seems like small steps now it will all be good later. Here is to continued success and coming home soon.
 
Some really great news---Paul was able to stand for the first time on his own for about 30 seconds. For him it dispelled his fear that he would not be able to do it. He said that it felt entirely different from standing before surgery. He was able to pull himself up another two times, but not as well as the first. PT said he felt a little discouraged about that. But he knows that it will get better and easier with time and practice. The PT says that she feels he will be able to stand and transfer on his own by the time we are leaving. I am over the moon about this---it is the answer to my prayers.

Thanks Janet, Jebsw, and Rose---
 
Oh, Judy, that is just THE BEST news!!!! Paul must be able to finally see there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! I'm soo happy for both of you!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom