Guest viewing is limited

TKR Chugging Down the Track to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds rotten. Just a thought... I once encountered a woman who felt her mother wasn't getting enough individual attention on a rehab floor of the hospital, so she hired someone privately to do PT with her daily. No idea if this is possible in your area, or what the cost might be, but maybe worth looking into.
 
Pooey on this. (not a bad word for you in the UK). This is about patient rehab, not about whether their records look good. Appeal this. Get your doctor involved and do not let them mess with you. Paul needs this care. Do not move him.

Please contact me. I am happy to do what I can to help you.
 
Thanks for the report Judy! I know how this must feel for you both, however you're both motivated enough to make it happen, as exhausting as it will be. :console2:
It is very disconcerning the way our health care system is more worried about an audit rather than the patients, and that's not even the people who have hands on activity with the patient, it's the administration. A shame to say the least.

Stay well Judy and stay strong Paul and Judy! :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery


Here are Paul's new knees--2 weeks post op--notice how straight his legs are now. No more knocked-knees.
 
Judy, Paul's new knees look wonderful! :thumb: Pictures speak a thousand words, what a great change! :thumb:
Paul you must be so pleased in seeing your new knees! Wow, what a difference!
I must add they are healing nicely! Your scars look better than mine!
 
Paul's scars look awesome. I would have never guessed those to be two week old incision lines.
 
Judy, can't you look elsewhere? There are a lot of rehab options and you should be able to choose one. I went to a skilled nursing facility, but it had a separate rehab facility with PT in the same building. So it met my needs and met the insurance requirements. I wish you could come here!
 
But he doesn't have to leave. If he is on Medicare there is a protocol for this. Tis happens every day. It is up to the consumer to be informed and believe me, they don't want you to be.
 
Well, MerryS, what is it that I need to do? I think he needs at least another 2 weeks. And he is on Medicare.
 
Judy and Paul,
Those are the best 2 WEEk old knees I've ever seen. Keep up the good work and you will be out inno time. I Just don't understand who these systems can do what they do, that is their purpose. Really gets me mad.
 
Judy...go to https://www.eldercareteam.com/public/475.cfm

The process is all there. As we discussed, I will help you with this. . I would suggest that you call your OS to get his help.

Do not even tell the rehab place that you have this info and of course, he cannot go anywhere without your permission.

I am posting this publicly so that others can learn the process also.
 
Yes, Roy, you got it right. I have copied your link into the post to me.
 
Oh Judy, that sounds terrible for both of you.. So pleased that Merry is able to help you.. So kind :)

Hang in the my friend.. You are a survivor :)
 
WOW, his legs are straight and his scars look fabulously healed!!! Bravo!!!!!
 
Paul does get lots of ooohs and aaahs over his "pretty" knees. And I agree, Jo, they really do look unbelievably good for just two and a half weeks post op.

Paul decided to make the move to the skilled nursing facility--made the move yesterday. We were both most impressed by the therapy staff when they did their assessment. He was able to get himself in an upright position on the edge of the bed and transfer to wheelchair on the transfer board. This was a first for him.

When he called me last night before he went to sleep, I could tell that his mood was much improved. He said the food was good, which is always a plus; and he has liked all the staff he's come in contact with so far. He loves to kid and joke with all the ladies, and they all usually enjoy him. He has 20 days paid 100%, after that he will come home no matter what and we'll go from there.

We both thank all our BoneSmartie friends for your assistance and good wishes and kind words. This means the world to us.
 
Judy, that's really encouraging news, especially good for Paul to have a more positive outlook. I hope these next 20 days has many days of miraculous milestones!
 
Judy, Your report is very positive for Paul and for you!:thumb: It's fantastic that Paul was able to get himself in an upright position and transfer himself to his wheelchair!:yay: That is a huge positive move and a gain for independence!
May his next 20 days be as productive in preparation for his journey home.
What an inspiration you are Paul! Stay well and stay positive my friend, great things are happening!:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom