Guest viewing is limited

TKR Chugging Down the Track to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm sorry I've been away from your thread for a while, but how wonderful to return to such amazing progress. Congratulations, Paul and Judy!
 
Judy,
Glad to hear that progress is still being made. I am praying very hard that Paul will be able to walk into his OS visit under his own steam and will continue to do so. He is such an inspiration to me especially at this time with my back issues. We are going to get there no matter how long it takes.
 
karmigirl, thanks so much. And we are praying hard for you in your recovery. Backs are such delicate things in so many ways. And yep, us old troopers will just keep slogging away 'til we get there.
 
The way I see it this is not the time to give up , I see it as the worst is over with the surgery now to keep plugging along to recover and we will if we try. Thank You so much for your thoughts and prayers I really do appreciate them, this is a darn of a surgery but I am on the road to getting better and living a better life now.
 
Yep, Paul is definitely "chugging down the track." :thumb:
 
bottomshollow Hi Judy and Paul! I've been meandering around the forum and you both popped up in my mind so I thought I would seek you out, and I found you!:yay: It's been a while since we've had a report on how Paul is doing, that being said I know he is due for a check up this month, and I just wanted to wish Paul luck and I look forward to hearing some more good news!

Stay well you two, and prayers are always sent your way!:angel:
 
Hi Paul and Judy.
Too have been wondering how Paul is doing with his recovery I was looking back and maybe I saw it wrong
Thought Paul had his tkrs in September. But that's when u started this thread
Still though been while since an update on Paul
Hope he is doing well.
Hope all is well.
 
Yes, you haven't update this for awhile. How is Paul doing?
 
bottomshollow Hi Paul and Judy, just wondering how things are going for Paul. We haven't heard in quite a while, and hoping all is going forward. I hope the recovery is progressing well. Let us know when you get a chance please, we care very much! (((HUGS)))
 
Thanks for asking Jacky48. We have finished with outpatient rehab. Paul can walk about 200 feet at the most before he needs to sit down. His balance problem has become slightly worse, which the neurosurgeon told us it would with age. Because of that he will probably never walk any great distances. But he is able to get on the riding mower and mow grass. With help getting into his truck, he can drive. He still needs help with personal hygiene and dressing. But overall, things are better than they were before surgery.

He'll be having cataract surgery sometime early next year. I will be having mine first---hopefully in the next month or so. Have an appointment with the eye surgeon the 23rd of this month. He is also having trouble with his right hand---got a shot in the palm about a month ago which has helped. But it makes it hard to use the walker sometimes. Getting old is tough, but it's much harder on someone with neurological deficits----things just seem to deteriorate a bit faster once they start to go.

The overall outcome is not as good as we had both hoped it would be. But without the surgery, Paul probably would be wheelchair bound. So we count the blessings we have and enjoy what we are able to do.
 
Thanks for the update Judy! I'm glad that Paul is able to get on his lawn mower, and is able to drive. I'm sure that gives him some sort of independence at least. I'm sorry that the outcome is not what you both had hoped for, however counting your blessings for what you both have is all any of us can do cause none of us know what tomorrow may bring, good or bad.

As for Paul and his right hand making it difficult to use the walker, I saw a woman with a walker in the grocery store this week, and she had arm apparatus extended from the walker. I was fascinated by it so I stopped to talk to her and I told her that it was a neat setup, and I asked her if she had it especially fitted to the walker, and she said, yes she did because her right hand hurt so badly that it made it impossible for her to use the walker without this armrest. Maybe something like that could help Paul.

Oh the dreaded cataracts, I hope you get yours done soon. My mom and Norm's mom both had it done, so I know Norm and I will be adding our names to the list. It's always something when this body of ours decides to change our lives, thank goodness the medical field is keeping up with us. Good luck with the cataract surgery kiddo! The good thing about that surgery is that they say its not too bad to go through!

Stay well my BoneSmartie friend!
 
I've been vacationing and experiencing things like you said - the overall outcome is not as good as I'd hoped it would be, but counting the blessings, anyway. I'm not at all excited about thoughts of needing to have the other knee done, too, but that may be the way things play out, like it or not.

I did enjoy getting to meet my 5 great nieces all 5 and under - swimming, building sandcastles, flying kites, as well as feeding and burping the youngest at Nana's house with all 4 generations gathered before sending my son off to finish his senior year of college. These are cherished blessings.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom