TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

I work in a building with 5 floors. Fortunately I work on the entry floor. Good job on the stairs, I'm proud of you, you did well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
:wowspring:you have done great going down the stairs. I would be terrified. I might have waited for the cute fire fighters:rotfl: . The person who made the popcorn should feel bad making you do all the stairs. Next time maybe you should make the popcorn :giggle:
 
Oh I feel for you! I am still pretty slow going downstairs and hate it if I know there are people behind me - somehow the added pressure makes me go even slower! But you now know that you can do it if you need to, just hope you don't need to do it again anytime soon! Tell that guy to buy his popcorn ready made in packages if he wants popcorn in the office! Who makes popcorn in an office anyway?? Over here we are just about allowed a kettle, coffee maker, toaster and microwave!
 
OMG. That must have been very stressful but at least now you know you can do it! I have given up going down stairs normally for now. Back to one-legged. :shrug:
 
@Raffs Over here we can buy popcorn in microwaveable bags. Not sure you can get them in the UK yet. If you leave it too,long in the microwave it can burn.
[Bonesmart.org] Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?
 
Hey all - for whatever reason, I'm having difficulty seeing my alerts. Not sure why. :( But I haven't had a lot of time to try to catch up.. I'm so sorry!!! Hopefully I'll get time this weekend.. Just know I'm thinking about you all!!!.. and working on getting through life.. ( "if it's not one thing it's another".. :P ) All in all, it will all work out. :)
 
Good job on the stairs. I'm just getting back to stairs after my "PT setback", and I find going DOWN stairs is much harder than going up.
 
Hey... further to your question on my thread re Journey..... Yes, I know them and I reckon you and I (and many others on here) need to "Don't Stop Believin" that our knees will eventually feel ok again!! Hope you're doing ok.
 
@Raffs and @Swish - I'm with you both.. Having more pain in my knee than I would expect at this point.. AUGH!!!! Feels like I'm going backwards too. Ticks me off, but at the same time, we've got to do what we've got to do. I'm wondering if it's not the change to cold weather? I'm "living life", but my life these days really consists of going to work, doing laundry, housework, NORMAL shopping.. sigh.. There is no hiking, exploring, dancing, or even just using the staircase like "normal people" at work. :bored: Still waiting for when my knee is not the CENTER of my life and the dictator of what I can do and what I can't do.. :tantrum2:

But I remain grateful for all the folks here in BS.. wish I had more time to spend keeping up with everyone. Hoping to catch up on more threads soon! :yes:
 
So good to hear from you! I know you are busy and back at work, but you are definitely missed! I've been very busy with my art business. Not being creative, but doing the packaging, shipping, framing, etc! Yuck! But, it takes the emphasis off "Buddy"! However, by the end of the day he swells and complains. What a toddler! :hairpulling:
Wish you well! Take care of YOU!
 
@Braunzie, caught wind of your travel plans on another thread. South Dakota, Mt. Rushmore. Going to see the Crazy Horse sculpture, too? I saw a fascinating documentary about the design and construction of Mt. Rushmore on one of the PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) channels during my recovery. Wish I remembered the title or director. I learned a lot from it. You all might want to track down a copy and watch it during your family vacation time. A decade or so ago I also saw a documentary about the sculptor who had the vision of the Crazy Horse monumental sculpture on a nearby mountain. It was good, too.

Glad you're feeling well enough to contemplate a vacation like that. Yay you!
 
I'm right there with you @Braunzie, still longing for the day that my knee is not the centre of attention. My life is now work, eat, sleep, occasionally miss work, sleep more, occasionally cook and do laundry. This past week was going to be my first full time week back at work. I made it through Thursday but only just. The girls I work with were telling me to go home because my face was grey and the pain in my knee was making me feel faint. I stayed till the end of the day but didn't make it in today. Maybe next week will be better.
 
Work can be tough! My boss scheduled a job fair for yesterday. I told her the only way I would do it is if she promised to be there and I could talk our RN and another one of our offices' administrators to come and help. It was worthwhile. I hired 9 people! But so exhausting. Getting up and down, greeting each person as they came, interviewing them... So grateful for the weekend. But I must say that I feel pretty great this morning. I do think that when we are ready to push ourselves a little, that does help our recovery go forward. I might sneak out and do some yard work. Cooler today in Florida. Only getting up to 82!:yes:

Correction - just checked the forecast and we are getting up to 88 today! Maybe that yard work will wait till tomorrow. High of 81 tomorrow. Can autumn please come?
 
Just checking in and catching up on your thread Braunzie. Kudos on making it down the stairs. Thank goodness no one on the stairs incited panic.

When I was with friends at the beach earlier in the week and was getting some swelling at the third day while at lunch(no place to elevate leg) my doctor friend encouraged me to do heel pumps. I did heel pumps there and most of the way home. I was driving but since it is my left knee, once I was on the freeway I could set cruise control and do the heel pumps -- it helped me.

I'll be on the forum a lot again starting Thursday. I've so enjoyed my one week of very near normal. My normal does not include working. I know I would have more swelling and decreased ROM if I were working. My hats off to you and all the bone smarties who return to work!
 
Hang in there ! I totally agree. I was hoping to be doing a little better by now too. I guess I'm doing good, but progress hurts. We've had a nice indian summer this past week, so I have done more walking and yard work than I've been doing. I couldn't resist going for a couple bicycle rides either ! It felt great at the time, but a little sore for a couple days after. It was worth it .
 
Back
Top Bottom