THR Bilateral changed to Single

@Layla .... The razor does the job. It doesn't really let you put too much pressure on it ( so I didn't nick myself). It doesn't "feel" secure, but the razor stays put. I didn't want to depend on someone else, so it serves it's purpose.

@Lea61 I am reading your recovery posts...things seem to be going well so far...glad to hear.

One question, was it tough getting into the SUV from the hospital...I'm asking because that is what my sister has an I have a hard time climbing in now--I'm 5'4. I wonder how hard it will be post surgery.

Hi @Mersada ..... It's 2am !! What are you still doing up ?? LoL.
I was concerned about getting into and out of the SUV too. I am only 5'2" and prior to surgery, getting into and out of our car was a struggle. Leaving the hospital......was no problem at all! PT gave some suggestions that morning before I left. I had the seat high and the back reclined a little. The wheelchair was brought right up to the car and I sat first. I just needed my husband to lift my legs into the car). I also think that whatever injection I was given during the surgery was still helping me, because when it wore off, I knew it !
How are you doing?

Stay ahead of that pain with the meds and guess you may be experiencing "log leg"...doesn't want to do things on its own.
I had one of my legs that ignored my instruction and one that acted just fine.
Hope today is a Good Day!:ice:

Happy Monday!
Thanks for your review on the razor. I think I'll stick to my electric razor for now.
I hope you have a nice day and week as you continue healing!
@Lea61

Hey, good Monday morning, @Lea61. I hope your day is starting off right (if it involves coffee, like mine does, how could it not?!) and you are feeling positive this morning. I read about the Giraffe razor on @Alitm's post, and actually got on Amazon to check it out. Sure looked scary to me! I was fortunately able to contort enough to do a halfway decent job when I decided the fuzz needed to be dealt with, as I was certain there was no way I would be able to use that razor without slicing up my legs. Hope the whole rest, icing, a bit of walking and good pain medication schedule is working for you, and you are looking forward to a good week. Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi @Mersada ..... It's 2am !! What are you still doing up ?? LoL.
I was concerned about getting into and out of the SUV too. I am only 5'2" and prior to surgery, getting into and out of our car was a struggle. Leaving the hospital......was no problem at all! PT gave some suggestions that morning before I left. I had the seat high and the back reclined a little. The wheelchair was brought right up to the car and I sat first. I just needed my husband to lift my legs into the car). I also think that whatever injection I was given during the surgery was still helping me, because when it wore off, I knew it !
How are you doing?

I was up playing scrabble on fb. I slept a lot on Saturday so, I wasn't sleepy and catching up on some of the experiences of recovery on this site.

I am ok. I went to century 21 to return something on Sunday. Walking through Macy's to Century 21 was a hike for me...it's only getting worse, but I procrastinate when having to walk. May can't come soon enough, but I still worry because I will be doing it mostly on my own. I am reading on this site, hoping to hear about easy recoveries....so I don't worry about it so much.

Are you going to get the handicap placard to park closer to everything...someone at work was talking about it to me today because where I work, sometimes you have to park a little far, it may be hard when I return. Just trying to cover all bases early on.

@Jaycey ... I have been trying to stay ahead of the pain. I called office today because they had sent me home with 50 mg of Tramadol and I needed additional pills since I had increased the dose to 100 mg. The PA did call it in, but expressed concern about 100 mg causing dizziness (which I have not felt).
I might be having the log leg feelings now. I don't usually have any discomfort while lying in bed, but I feel achy in my thigh. I also have a slight numbness in my foot and a feeling like my foot is asleep ( without the pins and needles feeling). Is this all part of the "infamous" log leg or is that something that is felt only while walking?

Hi @Mersada ....I haven't gone to a mall in a long time. Most of my shopping is done online. Were you at the Century's in Brookyn?
Also, I have had a handicap placard for awhile now. I don't need it for parking at school, but it helps at other times. You need to have your Dr complete the paperwork and then it gets mailed ( it doesn't go to motor vehicles)
After your surgery, the hospital social worker will talk to you and determine if you would qualify for some help at home, in addition to the nurse and PT, who visits 2-3 times (depending on your insurance. I have GHI and they would only approve 2 visits even though Dr requested 3..
Have a good day at work today

So many different sensations while things are calming down...it seems when one resolves there can be another strange "thing" pop up.
I might would be sure to move your foot around a bit when sitting for long time.
I felt like someone used my thighs for punching bags...:unsure:
Very sore.
Hope you are feeling some better.
It WILL get better.
Sending healing hugs!:roseshwr:

Last edited:
I also have a slight numbness in my foot and a feeling like my foot is asleep ( without the pins and needles feeling). Is this all part of the "infamous" log leg or is that something that is felt only while walking?
Yes it was what I experienced when I starting calling this feeling "log leg". This will ease as you get more mobile.

Hi @Lea61
Happy One Week Anniversary!
I hope you got some sound sleep last night.
Just stopping by to say Hi :wave: and wish you a great day :flwrysmile:

Hey, @Lea61, hope you're doing better today, doctor's office contacted and meds sorted out. It's been a week--woo, hoo--but it's still early days yet so I can't imagine you'll have insurmountable difficulties getting a new prescription. Not sure what it's doing in Staten Island, but a gorgeous day here in my neck of the woods. Husband took me out for a nice walk in park, a bit longer than last time, and then out to lunch to celebrate a successful post-op appointment. Gonna collapse with an ice pack and my Kindle. Had a cocktail at lunch so feeling a bit sleepy and wouldn't be surprised if I dozed off for a bit this afternoon. Hope you have a good day.

Hi @Mersada ....I haven't gone to a mall in a long time. Most of my shopping is done online. Were you at the Century's in Brookyn?
Also, I have had a handicap placard for awhile now. I don't need it for parking at school, but it helps at other times. You need to have your Dr complete the paperwork and then it gets mailed ( it doesn't go to motor vehicles)
After your surgery, the hospital social worker will talk to you and determine if you would qualify for some help at home, in addition to the nurse and PT, who visits 2-3 times (depending on your insurance. I have GHI and they would only approve 2 visits even though Dr requested 3..
Have a good day at work today

Hi @Lea61 ,
I went to the new century 21 in the mall, it's by Macy's.
I have GHI, as well....I guess only 2 visits.
Did your primary doctor or os complete your handicap placard paperwork?

I parked by a 2 hour limit parking spot today, took a chance and got a 60 ticket. Parking far always sucks, with having to walk...but, I guess I will have to get to work earlier.

Hope recovery is going well....I have to read all the updates now.

Hi @Barbaraj .... Glad you enjoyed your day. Staten Island was chilly (50 degrees)and cloudy today. My husband just told me that our furnace on the 2nd floor is not working, so he has a call into service (we have two systems so I am not affected on the 1st floor. (Lol)..... I guess I'll be the only one with heat tonite when the temp drops !!
When I called about needing more pills, I was originally told that it was "too soon". But we managed to clear it up, and the pills were picked up with 15 minutes to spare before the drugstore closed !
I think you'll find this funny.... your pic reminds me of someone I used to work with at school. She was my first assistant and we were together for tens years until she retired (and then moved to Florida). Anyway, we would always hear other teams complain about the other and sometimes not get along very well. We, Never had that problem. We had so much fun together with the kids who always kept us laughing. She used to like to say, "can you believe we get paid for this too?" AND ..... she liked her cocktails too LoL ....
Glad you enjoyed your day.

@Mersada ..... I never liked shopping too much ( I always tell my husband that he doesn't know how lucky he is) although now with the Internet, no one has to leave the house to cause real damage. I haven't been to the SI mall in soooooo long, that I didn't even know that we had a Century's on SI ( I might have to start getting out more ) !! I used to work downtown Manhattan ( long time ago) and I loved that store in the city.
I found out today that GHI approved 3 sessions with the nurse. He came today, so he will be back one more time. Even he was surprised. I think it might be because a request was made for additional PT When that happens, it's a little easier to get the nursing too ( I learned a lot when my mom had nurses and therapies at home after a hospital stay).
I had the bandage removed !!!! I couldn't see what it looked like and we forgot to try and take a pic. But husband and nurse said it looked good (??) very little swelling, no redness, a thin line ..... I'll have to see for myself, because this is the opinion of two men ! Lol !!
My primary Doctor completed the forms for the placard. You can download and print the form online. You should get it prior to your surgery.
Too bad about the parking ticket. You could consider fighting it.... There would be a chance of getting it reduced AND if the cop who wrote it doesn't show up, it will be thrown out. !!
Have a good nite .... I'm sure I'll be around at 2am again .....

@Mersada .... I may have given you bad info on the ticket. What I said might only apply to "moving violations" (about being thrown out if cop is a no show) . But, with a little imagination, I think you still may be able to fight it, ..... let me find out, I'll let you know ....

@Lea61 So glad you got your meds. Very nerve wracking having to justify that one still needs them etc and being told it is "too soon" etc., when one takes them as prescribed! I think you will begin to see a shift this week in pain. I made up the balance in Tylenol, so had that as a base pain med, and was able to start dropping the Tramadol half way into week two, and was off the Tramadol by the end of week two. I still take 3,000 - 4,000 Tylenol daily though. Everyone is different and many folks are taking Tramadol or something similar for a lot longer, so do what works for you pain wise and don't compare. I hate that the legitimate folk have to jump through hoops because of misuse by non-legit folks.

Congratulations on getting through week one :yes!::flwrysmile:

@Alitm ... Thank you for giving me a little direction of what to expect this week with the pain meds.
I had PT yesterday and it was exhausting. Going up and down my stairs was challenging and scary, so until that gets a little easier, I will be taking those 100 mg Tramadol for PT sessions.
Regarding my pill situation, they made me feel that I had run out of pills because I took more than prescribed, when in reality, they did not give me enough pills for the dose I was told I could take. At the hospital I was reminded more than one time, that although I was given 50 mg, I could go up to 100mg. More importantly, I have what I need and it should take me through without needing any refills.
How are you feeling knowing your 2nd surgery is a month away ? I got my surgery date for the next one. It will be January 15. Again, I got this date because of a cancellation; they are scheduling dates in February.
Hope you have good day. :SUNsmile: I'll be doing a lot of this :mcoffee: And this :yawn: !!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom