Guest viewing is limited

THR BeBe finally!!!

:hi:
Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing.
You're a champ in my estimation in handling that car ride there and back.
Couldn't have been easy.

It's good to hear you scheduled the second surgery. You know how quickly August will be here.
Just think how great you'll be feeling by the holidays! I'm so happy for you @BeBe
I'll bet you were also encouraged that your OS noticed how you've improved over the past 3 weeks.
Hope you slept like a baby last night.

A great day to you!
 
Good morning! @Layla @Mojo333 @TinyMom @SaraK @jfm1968

I didn't want to wait so long to schedule, but it is what it is. Let's just pray I don't have 2 cancelled dates again like last time!
The 3 months will go fast. I have a house to flip, horse barn improvements to coordinate, my daughter is moving home to Philly, and I'd like to sneak a vacation in there somewhere. Never a dull moment.

OS mentioned in regards to my LLD, the x-ray of my left hip shows a shorter than normal femur neck and angle to the socket, which makes the left shorter. This abnormality he believes could be resolved with the left THR. This explains some of my lopsidedness, coupled with existing spine curvature, and collapse of the joint. I did have an existing shorter LLD on my left leg, so fixing the right hip apparently exacerbated the difference. It's good to know it isn't all perception. His suggestion was to use a lift to stay active and relatively comfortable until the left hip is healed.
Many variables to concider with these hip replacements, completely explains the outcomes and recovery speed for each person. It's a huge process and my goal is to be better off physically one year from now, than I was last year this time. Since it was many years to get to this point, this seems a fair goal!

@jfm1968
Yep here we go again! OS told me yesterday 2 Aleve am and pm. Plus the Tylenol es 1000 mg three times a day.
So last week I was pretty busy but only taking 1 Aleve in the am, a couple of Tylenol at at noon and night . He told me slow down and take more for better pain relief. New goal is to sleep through the night, instead of 5 hours.
I too wish I was better off by this point, but given my situation going in, this is probably the best I could hope for? I have to remind myself to slow down, pain happens otherwise. it's a concept that's hard to get through my head!
So you slow down too, we are still pretty fresh post op girlfriend!
 
Many variables to consider with these hip replacements, completely explains the outcomes and recovery speed for each person. It's a huge process and my goal is to be better off physically one year from now, than I was last year this time. Since it was many years to get to this point, this seems a fair goal!

Very beautifully said, @BeBe!
Mind if I borrow it?:)

It is hard to be patient, and I also pray you have no delays.
Hope you sleep 7 hours tonight..
But you know that energy drain can linger a bit even with more sleep.
I only slept for 3-4 hours at a stretch (things were so hard to get comfortable) at less than 2 months out, so I'm actually a bit jealous.:yawn:
 
@Mojo333
Thanks mojo! It's the only way I can look at the recovery process:) :-) (:

As far as sleeping goes, the 5 hours is ALWAYS split up by a couple hours of "oh carp I'm awake"
I usually can get to sleep ok but one sleep cycle and boing I'm awake! Like maybe 3-4 hours.

It's funny but last October when I was supposed to have my surgery the first time- remember I was given my preop tranquilizers? Then had to go home? Well that day I slept about 6 hrs straight. I have not done that for years and years. My husband was worried so woke me up! :shocked:
If I slept 7 hours straight he might call the undertaker.

I know you have said you sleep so much better now that the hip pain has settled down, right?
You give me hope- maybe THR can be considered a insomnia cure!
 
I had terrible sleep patterns due to my job and a lot of waking up after 3-4hrs. Of course when you're a man of a certain age they blame it on having to use the bathroom. Had THR and since about 6 weeks I sleep the whole night with no interruptions. never knew how much the pain was waking me.
 
Glad your 6wk check went well BeBe! Just goes to prove how uneven all this healing is, and you're so right, looking back on pre-op times puts it all in perspective. There's a chance we might be hip buddies again, if I make my mind up quickly I'll get an August date for Leftie. On the other hand, if I procrastinate and wonder if it's bad enough (:umm:) I'll be further down the line. But yours sounds more painful than mine so I hope the time goes quickly for you (selling and moving house....did that just before the op, don't envy you that!) Am jealous of the no restrictions tho, and the sleeping....on my back I go for about 2 hrs max, then have a wriggle and stretch before I go back to sleep. When my 12 wks are up I will be posting in CAPITALS :heehee:
 
Hi Bebe .. it looks like you finally have some of the answers for your LLD. So soon after surgery last feb. There are so many variables that can be responsible for LLD outcomes. I am also pleased that you have the reasons for LLD so many others on this forum have waited for months for evaluation for LLD.

I’m very sorry you have to endure hip surgery again. I am unclear if it’s a do over ..a revision.. or getting THR surgery for the opposite hip. Every time I need another hip surgery the motto is “Be Prepared” - Borrowed from the scouts. So true... Now that you experienced THR you know the drill & how to have all your ducks in a row for next time. Hopefully your daughter can help you too!

I hope you have lots of help to complete all your projects. It sounds like your area is similar to mine as far as seasons go! There are two seasons here in the northwest.... Construction and Winter. After a long winter we only have 3-4 months to catch up on so much. Yikes!

Keep posting on updates.
Gentle Hugs
 
Yes ma'am..sleeping all night..but it didn't happen for me until well over 4 months.
Of course I really didn't have a Good Side:heehee:
 
A new surgery date for my second THR.
June 22
My husband watched me over the weekend and told me on Saturday to call my OS and
ask/beg for the very first available date.
Last Tuesday I had scheduled the first that would work with our family, work, etc and
June wasn't even a possibility.
Today there was just one opening in June. The next was the August 17 I already had booked.
Once again I'm having a difficult time walking but not because of my new Right hip
Just the bad long overdue Left hip.
 
Hey @BeBe that new surgery date sounds like just what you need. It will be here before you know it. Just think, you’ll be dancing up a storm this time next year! A matched set, how exciting!!
 
Wow, @BeBe! June 22 is not that far off! Glad you’ll be getting that painful left hip taken care of sooner!! Hang in there! :flwrysmile:
 
Sometimes we just can't wait until everything is convenient. Good for hubby pushing you on to get this done.
So is June 22 confirmed?
Will give you good foundation for your new hip too:happydance:
Double hippy BeBe!
 
Yay @BeBe ......so glad you won't have to put up with the pain much longer! You'll still be 'in the groove' from the first one and it'll be so familiar you'll just take it in your stride! Hope the next few weeks sees it quieting down so that you can get some rest before the Big Day :yay:
 
June 22...Yahoo! :yes!:
This will be you in no time > :happydance:
I'm happy for you, BeBe because I bet it will also help you to move forward in
recovery as that bum hip is definitely holding you back. There are two things I can't imagine...
1) Having both done at once (I'm a wimp)
2) Trying to recover from THR while your other hip is failing and causing pain.
Surely it has to put a damper on recovery. Well thankfully that will soon come to an end. The time will fly
and before you know it, you'll be in recovery and fully on your way. Prayers for your comfort in the interim.
@BeBe
 
Hi everybody! @AJinNH, @TinyMom, @anny , @Mojo333 , @Layla
Thank you so much for all of the support and well wishes and prayer for this time period running up to June 22.

I will most definitely need the positives. Cannot believe how quickly this left hip went south. It had been quietly grumbling and over a two day period just went Hot hot!
Plus my spine issues are really flaring too! It's triple ice pack time. Both hips and low back.

So the bottom line is - not much I can do but wait this out and try to stay as active as I can tolerate. Which over last week or so has put a huge damper on my activity level. Too close to surgery date for a joint injection and it didn't really help much last time around.
The countdown begins!
 
I sure do wish it would cool out a bit longer...so sorry you hurt.
Come on double hippy times.
 
Last edited:
Oh @BeBe at least there's an end in sight. You'll feel so much better once that second surgery is done. Praying the next month goes quickly for you and that you are able to manage the pain in the other hip. :console2:
 
@BeBe, visiting your thread to say hello. Hope you are taking it easy and that the pain is manageable. “Only” about a month to go... you can do this! We are all pulling for you :)

Hope you have a relaxing weekend!
 
Thanks @Mojo333 @Jackie222 @hipster333 @TinyMom
Left hip still pretty painful and I wish my new hip felt better too. Seems to have become worse since left is worse.
Odd feeling of weakness and instability, not pain free yet and lets me know if I overdo it.
Back to taking 4 aleve a day and 6 ES tylenol.

At 8 weeks today from my surgery on right and I still need cane,
still limp badly without cane, cannot go up and down stairs normally.
At this point I am not sure what discomfort is from; new hip, old hip, low back. Most likely all three
Not where I thought I would be 8 weeks out.

Trying to not let myself be depressed about it though and staying as active as I can at this point.
Daughter is home on Sunday to interview for jobs in the area and looking to move back over summer
Yay! I miss her!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom