Guest viewing is limited

THR BeBe finally!!!

@Layla
Yes! Woke very early and thought I would catch up a little on BS!
Thankfully my glitchy iPad seems to be a bit better today; shouldn't jinx it though...
Hey didn't you just finish shoveling out your driveway last weeek?!
My DD is staying through the weekend and is helping me with the flip house cleanout.
Love her for that.
Only could do 3 hours -- now on ice for the rest of the day. Lefty is crying.
Cheers for your weeekend!
 
Not too much longer BeBe...then you can have a few days to cry about that new hip replacement...then on with recovery and life.
Hope you are relaxing.
Have a good weekend...can't wait until you reach double hippy status.
 
Last edited:
I just converted Fahrenheit to Celsius and found you are having our normal summer temps. I find in uncomfortable from 95 and above. It also gets very humid here as well. I also love my AC. The lowest we get is about 43F in the dead of a winters night though...beautiful winters.
 
@Gidget
Hot and humid bothers me too, being a lady of a certain age:heehee:
I would LOVE a winter low of 43!!
 
Bebe, I'm so glad you moved up the date for the second! It just be a little scary thinking about a second when you don't feel completely healed from the first, but I really think the second is going to help with healing the first. Enjoy time with your daughter!
 
@SaraK
Yes for sure I would never make it to August.
I went back to work on the house for a couple hours yesterday - paying for it last night and overnight.
Intend to take it easy today. The new hip is still unsteady/sore/weak feeling and is really aggravated
when I have to wear shoes that are even.
Daughter is moving back to our area this summer and may be home to help me after surgery.
If second goes as slow as first I will need her help. But you never know! Lefty might be a piece of cake!
Hope you're having a good weekend!
 
Hahaha! Yes, we did just put the shovel away a little over a month ago.
We're stuck in a muggy heat wave currently. It's awful. I believe today it will be 98 degrees.
Where's Spring?!! My favorite season next to Fall. We were cheated! :tantrum2:
Oh well, thankfully there's AC.

I'll bet you're excited about your daughter moving back. I'm praying lefty is a piece of cake for you, BeBe.
It's been a long haul and I can see it all finally falling into place once you're in recovery. Your right hasn't had a fair shake with the left constantly dogging you.

To brighter days! They're coming! :yes:
@BeBe
 
Poor BeBe.
I remember:bawl:
 
Aww, those little pictures say it all.
So sorry, BeBe
Thankfully relief is on its way.....hurry up 22nd!
Wishing you comfort and sending a hug.
@BeBe
 
Ugh! Trying to keep up til surgery.
Had my preop yesterday - all good so:fingersx:
Still mostly lurking due to this goofy iPad
 
Double hippy BeBe, coming right up.:chuckmarch:
 
Only 17 more sleeps :sleep:
 
@Bone-obo
Knowing how the process works or how it actually plays out?
Not really nervous like the first time around, although I have a very healthy respect for the fact that it is major surgery and not to be taken lightly. I'm an old RN so know how it can get dicey.

That said the initial post op days were easier than I anticipated. Until my third PT appointment from hell.
After that PT however, the recovery has been a serious uphill climb. Much slower than anything I would have anticipated.
Yes I know everything could be worse. This forum has a lot of great people currently going through less than ideal recoveries with amazing graciousness and good humor. Those people are my touchstones.
Thankfully we all can share our experiences and take heart from those.
However, I do get quite worried about not being a success story. Success being back to normal painfree function in the future.

Mostly because I now realize I've brought more than just hip arthritis to the party.
Many surgeons assured me hip surgery would solve all. Spine docs were less optimistic.
Time will tell, and once I am healed from the sawing, pounding, and stitching, I will be ready for some serious rehab. I'm as active as I can be now with this left hip acting up. But nothing like I was last year before my hips blew up.
Tell your friend:
the BoneSmarties tell me no two surgeries and recoveries are the same, so, I have decided
the next one will be a cake walk! Ever optimistic!
So long answer, but I AM looking forward to putting THR behind me for good!
 
Thanks, @BeBe - very helpful. :)

I ... uh, my friend will do the second surgery in December. By far the worst thing so far was the waiting before this one - MUCH worse than the actual surgery and recovery. Of course, I'm just getting started with the meat grinder that is PT - I consider myself warned!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom