Guest viewing is limited

A New Milestone for Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray, Beach!!!! Go for it!!! Have a blast and then come tell us all about it!
 
thanks Jamie,-- I'll do that!

Bill Clinton is speaking at our high school on Saturday. We are going to that... I've never seen a President in person so we are going to see if we can get in. Imagine that--- in our little town (30,000 pop.)

And then I'm gonna spend the day in my yard, I think. Doing some of the things I have been just staring out the window and wishing I could do since my knee went down on vacation last summer and I could barely walk after that.
And probably go to one of the beautiful city parks here and go for a walk. Those are things that bring me a lot of joy and peace. And while I have this little "break" I'm gonna store some of that up for the harder times. Maybe the beach too.
 
Beach, you must be so happy to have this break from constant pain. Hope you are pain free forever, or at least for a very long time. Enjoy all you decide to do this weekend, just be careful to a degree too though.

I hope my ice machine arrives pretty soon as I want this swelling to come down so the stiffness can go and I can use my new knew how it should be used.

Talking of New, haven't seem Newwoman latey, Cathy, where are you. (I haven't checked any other threads yet mind, maybe she's been here while I was offline?)

Hope you all have a great wekend, our friends are coming this weekend, and we will be going to Jam Night Saturday, so I may not be online too much.
 
Beach, let me get this straight now. You are telling us that the same school that is presenting a 'safe dating' class is also having Bill Clinton speak? Are the two events related? Is he the keynote speaker for 'safe dating'? Is Hillary involved? What about Monica? My God, the possibilities are end-less.
 
LOL! I couldn't make this up.....no one would believe me!

Actually it is the Middle School with the safe dating class and the Clinton campaign is RENTING the HS gym for the speech. (The SD was VERY careful to specify that.....)

But you are right.... the possibilities here have no end.....I am having to hog-tie Scott to keep him from bringing signs to the speech.... you can just imagine some of the slogans he is bringing up...
 
Beachy Babe, I think if I were you, I'd skip the speach on Saturday and get that 'outdoor' thing going sooner. Might be a good day to check out one of the local wineries. Come to think of it, is there a 'bad' day for that? Never pass up a chance to have a good time and enjoy yourself, thats just a little friendly tip for ya.
 
What are the redbugs? I lived in Mississippi many, many years ago as a kid, but don't remember that.

I am sure Doug can give you a better description/explanation, but what can I say, a man's gotta try. Redbugs AKA chiggers are very tiny creatures, mites, I believe, that are about the size of a regular straight pin, or maybe the 'dot' on top of an i (like that one). They are actually reddish in color, if you see them against a white background. Their claim to fame is that they get onto your skin and feed on your blood like mosquitos sorta, except I think they sort of chew a tiny little hole to feed. For whatever reason, they like to do this is shall we saw 'private areas' of your body although they will take most any part. It takes a while for them to do their thang so if they can get to a 'protected' place they aren't likely to be brushed off. The after effect of their feeding is a tremendous itch that lasts for days.
So next time you see someone scratching away furiously at their 'privates', it could be redbugs............................or a baseball player, just sayin.
 
They're thinking that moss hanging from the tree is a lot cheaper then what they have to pay at Michael's but I know what your saying, they have no idea about the bugs. I spent 12 years in Florida and another 6 in the Carolina Low Country.[/QUOTE

I'm beginning to think you are my twin. When I'm not in the D.C. area, I'm either in Florida or N. Carolina. Love that South and can't wait to retire there.
 
Redbugs AKA chiggers are very tiny creatures, mites, I believe, that are about the size of a regular straight pin, or maybe the 'dot' on top of an i (like that one). They are actually reddish in color, if you see them against a white background. Their claim to fame is that they get onto your skin and feed on your blood like mosquitos sorta, except I think they sort of chew a tiny little hole to feed. For whatever reason, they like to do this is shall we saw 'private areas' of your body although they will take most any part. It takes a while for them to do their thang so if they can get to a 'protected' place they aren't likely to be brushed off. The after effect of their feeding is a tremendous itch that lasts for days.
So next time you see someone scratching away furiously at their 'privates', it could be redbugs............................or a baseball player, just sayin.

OHHHHHHH.....Chiggers I know of...I just never heard them called "redbugs." I'm REALLY familiar with chiggers. My husband is so sensitive to them, the bites actually swell up and ooze and last for days. Of course there is the horrible itch. And you're right about their ability to find your most private parts to bite. We have a lake house and if he gets a chigger attack, he's busier than a one-armed paperhanger.....scratch, itch, owie!! I never thought about them nesting in tree moss. Bummer!!! Here in the Midwest they live in grass. It's ticks we worry about coming from the trees.
 
Or they might be called "lil devils"..
Can't add to Gats description.
And then there are the ticks.
I just got in from the woods and had three on me...I hate those suckers almost as bad as leeches.
 
Ohhhh...ugh....LEECHES!!! When I lived in Alaska we used to go camping and I'd hop in the lake for a swim and come out with those ugly things all over my body. How gross. I was a kid and would do anything to be able to swim, so I stood it, but I still remember how nasty it felt to get out and have Mom pick those suckers off me!
 
That's interesting. I thought leeches were a tropical heathen blood sucker.
 
Talking of New, haven't seem Newwoman latey, Cathy, where are you. (I haven't checked any other threads yet mind, maybe she's been here while I was offline?)

Sue, she's been around on a couple threads here and there. As far as Billary, just remeber he did not have sexual raltions with taht woman and she & Chelsea had to hurry as not to shot at.
 
I'm beginning to think you are my twin. When I'm not in the D.C. area, I'm either in Florida or N. Carolina. Love that South and can't wait to retire there.[/QUOTE]

Turtlelady, My hubby was in the Marine Corps for 20 years and we moved around a lot. We spent most of that time in the south. I've lived in Jacksonville FL 3 times (he's actually from there) and in Beaufort, South Carolina twice. I really love the south and the coast too. Most people will recognize Beaufort more for the main base there, Parris Island.

You are right! We must be twins....I like turtles too... We need to meet up in the DC area soon. We work what, maybe 3-4 miles apart?
 
Hey Gat,
I've decided to take your advice and skip the speech. Turns out it is in our small gym(big gym with bleachers is too hard to meet secret service requirements) and will be standing room only. That plus waiting in line to get in....i don't think that is how I want to spend my precious day in the sunshine with little or no pain. I could have signed up to work at the event (as many staff members did) and gotten inside right away, but it is too late for that now too, I think.

So... we are going to get our bicycles down and air up the tires and go for a ride in the sunshine. Sounds good to me! We might ride down to the school just to see what we can see... or not....

I had another fabulous day... best I have felt in years. It is nice to find out that the old me is still in there someplace buried under the chronic pain. Nice to let her "out" for a few days!


Beachy Babe, I think if I were you, I'd skip the speach on Saturday and get that 'outdoor' thing going sooner. Might be a good day to check out one of the local wineries. Come to think of it, is there a 'bad' day for that? Never pass up a chance to have a good time and enjoy yourself, thats just a little friendly tip for ya.
 
That's interesting. I thought leeches were a tropical heathen blood sucker.


We get leaches in our river at the falls near our trailer. Actually, that's an idea, maybe I should go get some and put them on the swollen part of my knee, might cure it. What do you think Jo?
 
Beach, let us know how your day was. So happy you remembered who you are inside. I'm having those moments too as I progress and it is a wonderful blessing. Nuff to make ya cry happy tears.
 
Another milestone for me today. I worked four hours out in the garden cleaning beds, weeding and trimming roses. What a thrill to walk wherever I wanted to with no knee catching or pain. In fact, my only problem was noticing a weakness still in the quads. Even with exercising indoors, it's not the same as gardeninig! Guess that's why you read what great exercise it is. I was happy to be able to work this long. The day was sunny and in the low 70's with no wind. Perfect. My last gardening day was only 2 hours, so this was a definite improvement. Hooray!!!! This summer looks to be LOTS better than the last one!!!
 
It is so much fun to see the individual "milestone's".
congratulations with yours...And I bet the garden is happy too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom