Guest viewing is limited

A New Milestone for Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could, I'd hop in the truck and meet everyone on the forum...
 
She wants to meet up the next time I go to the beach--- but that is May 10th and I think that is her "bunny hunting" weekend....so we will have to try something else.
 
I was playing with my GPS and programmed Oregon in it. It would take me 2 1/2 days to drive there. For me it would be fun. I'd have to drug my wife though.
 
LOL I thought you said "drag"... then saw it was "drug". Funnier still....

She would probably LOVE Oregon a little later in the year. It is still a a bit damp and cold this time of year.

Snow today.... and maybe tomorrow too. I took some pictures. I will see how they turned out and post one of my tulips in the snow if they are decent.
 
Beach, the flowers in the snow sound awesome, would love to see that.

Doug, How about driving to Ontario then? Weathers great at the moment, plus 24C (in the 70's).
 
The snow didn't stick... but looked cool coming down. BIG flakes falling fast.
 
Well, I have tossed and turned long enough, maybe it's the full moon? Thought I would check in, but I see no one else is around. Checked my emails and found a friend had sent me this photo, I have seen it before, but it still brought a smile to my face, so I thought I would share.
Tattoo of the year.
[Bonesmart.org] A New Milestone for Me
 
Well I am bringing this thread back to it's original topic.

I went to PT this morning, I felt I had a good session. When she measured it my ROM was at 92 degrees, yippee!! That is 2 degrees better than my best. It was 87-90 last measure. I had thought I was doing a little on the bike at home and the stairs are a little easier. Hopefully it will keep getting better and I can avoid the manipulation.
 
Sue, what exciting news! Hopefully this is just the beginning and you'll reach your goal. Has your therapist said where they want you to be? I thought I was doing pretty well and today we were out on an errand up in Leavenworth, Kansas (no....not the jail). The store we went to was in an old building and the stairs had VERY tall steps. Going up was fine, but on the way out coming down, I got a whole "new experience!" Ouch!!! But it was a good hurt and I made it. Since there was no railing and I had no cane, I just went for it! I wish you continued progress!!!
 
Good for you Sue! You have had to be so patient and keep working so hard with slow progress. I really admire you!



Well I am bringing this thread back to it's original topic.

I went to PT this morning, I felt I had a good session. When she measured it my ROM was at 92 degrees, yippee!! That is 2 degrees better than my best. It was 87-90 last measure. I had thought I was doing a little on the bike at home and the stairs are a little easier. Hopefully it will keep getting better and I can avoid the manipulation.
 
Jamie, my PT said I might get to 120, but my OS said he thought 110 OK. I just want to get to do the stairs painfree again.

Well done on the stairs Jamie, and no cane!! Good grief. I still use mine when I go out and when I get up after sitting or from bed as I get really stiff still in both knees. I am so pleased for you.

Thanks Carolyn!!

Anyway, have to go to bed now. Have a good sleep tonight both of you.
 
The store we went to was in an old building and the stairs had VERY tall steps. Going up was fine, but on the way out coming down, I got a whole "new experience!" Ouch!!! But it was a good hurt and I made it. Since there was no railing and I had no cane, I just went for it! I wish you continued progress!!!

Stairs still scare me, especially without railings... I have fallen down stairs before (because of ice, not knees) and going down stairs has always been more painful and unpredictable for me because of my kneecap issues, I think.

Good for you!
 
Fortunately it was only about three steps with no railing, but the risers were way higher than normal. My doc told me a week or so ago when I saw him to "Lose the cane, my dear!" so I have put it away. It's better for me that way at this point, I think. I just try to watch what I'm doing so I don't get off balance or something. Or fall down really high steps! It's always good to keep pushin'!!

Sleep well, Sue!!! And you too, Beach.....whenever you head off to bed for the night! I'm just about there.....
 
Sue, CONGRATS! 2 More degrees. I know how hard you are working at ROM and that is wonderful. Keep up the good work.
The cane & stairs - My PT told me to ditch the cane except for stairs. It was messsing with my gait. People who know I had the surgery will see me walking and not using it and scold me in a friendly way (Aren't you suppose to be....?) But some time I'll head for the stairs and go to step with out it. I forget to. So I know the time is coming when I do stairs without it soon. I did do steps once down without the cane, but they were very gentle in design and not steep and I held the rail. Only about 5.
 
This morning I was getting dressed and I was picking my pants off
the floor when I realized I was squatting on both knees! This is something
I haven't been able to do in years.

(One of the problems I had pre op was my bad knee would lock under load
at about 15 degrees of flexion, so I couldn't squat)

Amazing how excited you can get over such simple things.
 
That's one of the fun little things that pop up and make the operation worthwhile..Crossing legs. kneeling down, etc.
The other day, I found that I now don't adjust my walk to step up on a curb with my good leg. I stepped up with the new knee and just kept walking..People had no idea why I was smiling.
 
No more lifting from the hip and turning slightly to the side? Very cool!
 
This morning I was getting dressed and I was picking my pants off
the floor when I realized I was squatting on both knees! This is something
I haven't been able to do in years.

(One of the problems I had pre op was my bad knee would lock under load
at about 15 degrees of flexion, so I couldn't squat)

Amazing how excited you can get over such simple things.

I love stories like this!!! It makes me look forward to the day when I don't think of my knee first! I'm so happy for you. How far out from surgery are you, EDK?

Doug, you are doing so great too! It gives me hope that I'll get there too. At 8 weeks, I am definitely tired of still having some knee pain. I try to think back where I was a few weeks ago and that always makes me feel better. Slow progress, but those little milestone minutes are the best!
 
I am having a good week. A case of a (potentially) bad thing turning into a good thing....

On Sunday night I rolled over in bed and tweaked my back badly--- freight train of fire ran down my leg just like before my back surgery.... scared me... fortunately, my routine appt. with my neurosurgeon was the next day. He checked it out, was concerned because there is an 8% failure rate on the disc surgery at my recovery point due to exactly that sort of thing. So he gave me a prescription for a Medrol pack of prednisone--- the BIG GUN of anti-inflammatory meds and said to call him on Friday.

The prednisone has knocked down the inflammation everywhere, not just in my back and I am getting to experience what my knee recovery is SUPPOSED to feel like at this point without all that inflammation. Pretty amazing feeling.

So I too have a smile on my face that no one can figure out...
 
A definite positive spin on a scary problem! I hope that your back is okay and improves greatly by Friday. Remember that 8% failure rate means a 92% SUCCESS rate!!! I think it speaks VERY well that your surgeon took immediate action and is so on top of things. Between the surgeon and God, you are in excellent hands. Now just don't get feeling so good that you go running a marathon!!! This is supposed to be an easy week!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom