A New Milestone for Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too true! I'm going to enjoy this feeling while it lasts and it gives me some good information to take to my rheumatologist next week when I see her.

Gotta run--- duty calls!
 
Edk,
You won't believe how good it is going to be in just six more weeks!
Those of us who had the surgery in the coldest, darkest time of the year were all depressed and moaning on this forum..
Now, you look outside and can't stand to be inside..
Hang in there and work that leg hard...It pays off.
 
Edk,
You won't believe how good it is going to be in just six more weeks!
...It pays off.

EDK and I are the same time in so.... Doug say it again, say it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I'm not kidding..At least for me, at 12 weeks, things just seemed to surge ahead..I'm down to 1/2 pill twice a day. My swelling isn't near as bad after workouts. I can feel strength returning. Can't explain why, it just got better quickly.
BUT, we all need to expect some setback days..low pressure front, etc. I'm dreading the first tropical system off of the Gulf. I may just evacuate to Jacksonville.
 
Doug, I am still in talks with the state department regarding possible entrance into the state of Georgia. Honestly, its not lookin good.............just sayin.
 
I've sneaked across the border several times. I didn't even need a passport...

How do you know when you're at a Georgia Amusement Park???
When you see rules that say, "No spittin from the rides".

I really saw that in Valdosta.
 
Good come back..But, ours has signs prohibiting removal of drawers from butt crack in public. Espeicially while wearing spandex shorts.
 
In the parking lot at the Outlet Shopping Center in St Augustine, FL there's a sign that says "Do Not Feed the Alligators." Do you really think there are people stupid enough to attempt feeding them during their shopping trip? This is along I-95.
 
Doug, Ed, Beach, You all seem to be doing so well. Congratulations! I know it's a great feeling!
 
I cannot *TELL* you how good it feels to feel good! THIS is what I am supposed to be feeling like 4 months after my PKR! My knee is working like--- a knee--- no pain, no hesitation, no swelling--just working.

I gotta have a serious talk with my rheumatologist next week. By then we should have the MRI results and know what is going on in my other knee and how much of my pain is "just" inflammation and how much is OA damage. But obviously the NSAIDS and my regular prednisone dose are NOT getting the job done.

And that nerve in my back must just be "tweaked" and not re-compressed or I wouldn't be feeling this good.

I'm gonna enjoy it (wisely) while it lasts!

I wanna go do fun things!

What shall I do? Give me some ideas!
 
shop, hike, flower shopping, tag sale-ing, movies, concert, visit a farm, go to a museum, try an unfamiliar and unsafe restaurant, go to the city and walk and people watch. Do a stupid tourist thing, picnic, Explore open houses on the weekend, visit the pet store, haunt a consignment shop, get a mani & pedi or at least a springtime haircut, visit church on sunday if you don't already go somewhere, watch a kids baseball game, have a party, plant some tomatoes, bake some cookies, have lunch with a friend, buy some new shoes, break the diet, start a diet, go fishing,
 
Beach, That is fantastic news..I believe it was just a couple of weeks ago and late at night you and I were lamenting together..Hopefully we're across another hurtle.

1Jt,
Yes, they will stop, they will throw bread or anything else at the gators.. I've seen tourist stop on a four lane highway and jump out with garbage bags to gather moss from trees. I've stopped and chastised them but didn't cite them...They didn't know but moss is loaded with redbugs so in about 24 hours they would be paying.
There is a whole lot of dumb out there.
 
They're thinking that moss hanging from the tree is a lot cheaper then what they have to pay at Michael's but I know what your saying, they have no idea about the bugs. I spent 12 years in Florida and another 6 in the Carolina Low Country.
 
What are the redbugs? I lived in Mississippi many, many years ago as a kid, but don't remember that.
 
Well, here's a milestone.... went to my PT appointment. They said--- you don't need to be here any more--- just keep working out on your own. Yes!

I am totally enjoying this respite from the inflammation. I know it is temporary.... I have had this autoimmune disease long enough to be realistic. But I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

The weather this weekend is supposed to be gorgeous here in Oregon. I'm gonna get out and try some of those great suggestions.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom