2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, newbie here. I am not the one having hip replacements, it is my husband. We were initially scheduled for his right hip replacement with Coon Joint in St. Helena, CA July 15, now rescheduled to August 3 and September 17 for left hip replacement. I am going through this whole ordeal right along side him, so that's why I created a profile. I have a lot of questions, we are waiting for his cardiologist (again) to sign off on his surgery, he wouldn't do it last time...where do I go from here for answers to my many questions...I am not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to forums
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!



[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 August 15 Peligrok9, homewhiskers (bilateral), KadburyK, daniel95503 (his first), Rollinwithit67
05 August 15 ShilohRose
06 August 15 Medfordart, lexi-mai, pamac, Moon
10 August 15 Lady mudbug, newleaf
12 August 15 45goingon90, Geanbean
14 August 15 sidneee
17 August 15 sandy103
24 August 15 LaylaHips, cmankin1
26 August 15 Struggling64, AndyH99
27 August 15 Baybee
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@daniel95503, you have been officially added to the August surgery list!

We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Recovery Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
Diagnosed with AVN in May 2015 (2 years of missed diagnosis) . Scheduled for THR on Aug. 3. Looking forward to the day with nerves a bouncin'
 
I wanted to add myself to the August list. Not sure I am doing this exactly right-hope I am not hijacking anyone's thread-anyway I am Ellen and scheduled for a complete hip replacement August 10.
 
@Rollinwithit67, We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Hip Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Hip Replacement Pre Op Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting There is info about AVN in the Library.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
How are you feeling Wally 79 and Pamac? I think we share the same op date August 6th...just reaching out to see how you are feeling? with just over a week to go....I feel very nervous and anxious, but find this site so helpful to share the fears....have you got all the helping aids ready? in the uk we have them given to us which is very good.
look forward to hearing from you both and hearing what your stress levels are!!!...wally79 are you going to have both yours done at the same time?? so brave if you make that move...let us know..
thanks
 
My surgeon's office just called me and pushed my surgery back to 8/27/15.....UGH!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Baybee that is terrible. husbands surgery was pushed out from 7/20 to 8/3. it is a terrible feeling. getting all amped up for him to be normal again, and in my case a huge emotional breakdown. i understand just how you feel
 
:gaah:@daniel95503 THIS STINKS! :censored: I was just beginning to get myself all psyched up and now I have to wait another week! I know it's only a week but it still stinks! Sorry that your hubby's got pushed back too!
 
@Baybee, your surgery date has been officially changed. Sorry about the delay--I, too, had this happen, and it is disappointing.
 
@Baybee believe when I say I feel you pain. Getting all antsy and hopped up and then to have your whole world turned upside down, just to be told you have to start the gamut of stress and emotions all over again. When cardiologist told him no a week before his first date, I could see the tears welling up in his eyes, as well as mine, I sort of gave cardiologist a piece of my mind LOL, he then stopped talking to me and would only speak with hubby. I got em back though, I called 2 or 3 times a day to see if readings were done yet and if he would be cleared for surgery...got a call back in 3 days after final test was done. Anyway, I sort of feel that it made us want the surgery even more, this time having to wait an additional 2 weeks is not as bad as the first time for us. Hang in there! I'm sure the hell of having to wait will be worth it in the end
 
HAHAHAHAHAHA! How appropriate! I am now bringing up the rear of "The August Hot Shots":heehee:
 
Hi Hipsters, 12.5 days and counting. Left total hip but not anterior as I wanted but had to call prosthesis over approach. Doctor #1 would do anterior but not ceramic on ceramic and doc #2 offered coc but only with posterior! Anyway, can I be on the list for August 14th please? Swaying between terrified, nervous and ignoring it completely! so, so, so much to do. Disorganised chaos and that's just in my head!!!! :sos:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@sidneee, you have been officially added to the August surgery list!

(We are aware that it is NOT hot in Australia this time of year.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom