2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Struggling64 my surgery is scheduled for the same day and I'm right there with ya:scaredycat:. I'm having a LTHR. I have osteoarthritis with bone spurs, some bone on bone, partially caused by an egg shaped femoral head. I've been putting this off for years and know it's time now. This is a great site with lots of support and encouragement. Best of luck to you throughout this journey and process. I always try to heed my grandmother's advice to think positive and if I start thinking negative I try to "change the channel" in my brain :chillpill:
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!



[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 August 15 Peligrok9, homewhiskers (bilateral)
05 August 15 ShilohRose
06 August 15 Medfordart, lexi-mai, Wally79, pamac
10 August 15 Lady mudbug
12 August 15 45goingon90, Geanbean
24 August 15 LaylaHips
26 August 15 PegGene, Struggling64, AndyH99
31 August 15 Cynthia777
 
Hi @lexi-mai ...I, too have been reading the posts, and am now feeling better about the operation. I guess having the LTKR in 2011 has scarred into my memory. I've been assured by the post that our hip operation isn't going to be nearly as bad to deal with. In fact, in a lot of ways, I'm sooo ready to have it done in hope it will straightened up and align my body back to its normal state. For 3 years now, since the LTKR, I've always felt my right side was shorter than my left, and felt it worse when standing or walking. Please keep me informed on how your operation is and how you are doing during and after your operation. As for your family goes..maybe you can have the help needed for you instead of you caring for them? We both have to stay positive and hope it will give both our lives back!...
All the best too!!!
 
:thumb: Hi @PegGene , At least I know there is another soul out there, the same day, going through this operation with me, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I have read through different posts, that the hip isn't such a ordeal as the knee, so in many ways, that brings me encouragement. It's hard to keep our brains channel in such a way to be positive about any operation, let alone a joint replacement, but I know we both will come through with flying colors!!...I do hope you have a family and friend support group, I, on the other hand has to face this deal by myself with little to no help. I'm assured the hospital will have me up and walking and going to bathroom before I leave so that's reassuring. Let's keep the channel ways positive!!......:ice:
 
I am booked to have my right hip replaced on the 6th August, currently very anxious!
 
August 26th for me as well, seems a popular date this month.
 
Just signed up today, very new to forums so I hope I'm posting this right. My THR is on August 10 so I'm in the waiting game ! 15 years ago I had the bottom 4 vertebraes fused and pinned , a year after surgery I asked the dr is this the best I'm gonna get? ( stiffness but no pain ) he said life is what you make of it , if you don't push yourself and get active and just sit around then your never gonna feel " normal " again . And he's so right I can do anything I did before back surgery now by just being active whenever I can . So, going forward with THR surgery I am more optimistic about recovery , I have set some physical goals I want to achieve in the future . And I know if I lay around for months and think my body will heal all by itself I know better than that now. I have found this forum very encouraging and informative , thanks!
 
I had all my pre op tests, appointments etc done yesterday. I am still so blinking scared. i need both hips done and there was talk yesterday of doing both at the same time. I dont know about this, as much as one surgery ordeal is appealing, as opposed to two, I cant imagine having two hips to recover from. My anxiety that I suffer from anyway is through the roof and I feel like cancelling surgery and hiding!! I am hoping after a few days I calm down a bit and can get some clarity. Hope everyone is well!!

I see you said you have no pain which is also my case. I suffer very little pain, occassional aches! I have had so much doubt in my mind as to go ahead with the THR (both hips) as most stories I read are people saying they are in agony. Even doctors saying dont get it done until its excruciating have made me doubt myself!! My issues are flexibility, going up stairs is hard and getting up off the ground I need to pull myself up holding onto something!!

Thank you!!
 
It is with great sadness that I must say goodbye to my August surgery pals! Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will be having my surgery on the 23rd of September.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom