2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@Cynthia777, you have been officially added to the August surgery list!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 August 15 Peligrok9, homewhiskers
05 August 15 ShilohRose
06 August 15 Medfordart, lexi-mai
12 August 15 45goingon90, Geanbean
24 August 15 LaylaHips
26 August 15 PegGene, Struggling64
31 August 15 Cynthia777
 
@Greenbean Welcome. I will be right there with you in this day. Same hip also! Best of luck to you! I'm having a posterolateral.
 
:unsure:Scheduled for a RHR, August 26th. After 3 yrs of dealing with a LTKR, and has always felt excruitiating pain in the right hip and a imbalance in my walking and standing, the right hip is now bone on bone with bone spurs. Need all the encouragement to face my ordeal..Thanks, :unsure: :beg:
 
I don't want to have a hip replacement, after the LTKR, I'm dreaded this operation. Feeling all depressed now and discourage! :cry:
 
@Struggling64 - I laughed when I saw your donkey. I have a friend with a donkey sanctuary and they are such loveable, stoic creatures, so I imagine there's some of those qualities in you, too. So like the old story of the donkey stuck in the well, just keep adding the good wishes from this group and let them lift you up. In no time you'll change your avatar to a jenny kicking up her heels!
:flwrysmile:

Patti in Vail AZ
 
:flwrysmile:Hello @ Struggling64 ...I can so relate to your fear about the op...I am to have TRHR in early August, have been reading threads for a couple of weeks on here and I am finding it very encouraging to hear from different ones that have walked the walk...I feel the pain as you describe it, I have similar, bone on bone and some cyst in the socket, very painful night and day...life has almost come to a stand still, not much fun with a husband and family to care for!! from what I see and read is that its going to be ok, I hope you will find encouragement on these pages, for me to be able to walk without pain and a hobble will be so good, one day my head says is it really that bad?? then another day its a job to walk around the house....so if I want a change I am telling myself I need this op to give my life back...
All the best
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom