2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am scheduled for total hip replacement of my left hip and i am scared to death!! Any words of encouragement or advice? especially how to pass the recovery time period without going bonkers in the process...
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!



[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 August 15 Peligrok9, homewhiskers (bilateral), KadburyK
05 August 15 ShilohRose
06 August 15 Medfordart, lexi-mai, pamac, Moon
10 August 15 Lady mudbug
12 August 15 45goingon90, Geanbean
20 August 15 Baybee
24 August 15 LaylaHips, cmankin1
26 August 15 Struggling64, AndyH99
 
I have just had my surgery brought forward to the 23rd July Eeek!!!!
 
My surgery date has been moved up to August 20th from November 5. RTHR


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hear you , I am stressing about the recovery time, I have three kids and its going to be hard to not be so active with them for a little while. I also suffer depression/anxiety so I am a bit worried how being housebound is going to effect me mentally too!!
 
I've decided to go with another surgeon based on recommendations that I find a surgeon who does a higher volume and my surgery date has been changed to September 4. Sorry to be leaving my August Hot Shot friends but will be checking in on everyone.
 
OMG !!!

Just had a call and my operation is moving, I'm now going in on the 28th July as opposed to the 26th August. Still excited at the moment, but I suspect the shock will kick in later!

I'm guessing it's goodbye August hippies and hello July hippies.

Woohoo, roll on recovery!
 
August 3rd anterior right THR. I haven't really exercised in 2.5 years... I'm praying I feel so great after recovering from this op that I can get motivated again and feel better!
 
I also suffer depression/anxiety so I am a bit worried how being housebound is going to effect me mentally too!!
Jane, I'm right there with you. I've spent the entire day getting lost in everyone's story which is a godsend - but, since I was surprisingly told by my OS that I needed a THR (2-3 months ago) my typically controlled depression/anxiety has intensified. Just the thought of being basically housebound for a month's time has me feeling anxious. I hope your kids will keep you entertained... I have a cat, a fiancee and a 24 year old son who is quite the comedian... hopefully they'll be enough to keep me "up". Keep the faith - we've got quite a support system here! Thinking positive!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom