Recent content by tpellerin

  1. tpellerin

    Bilateral TKR in January - I have questions

    Kathi, Hi! I had staged 1 month TKRs in June and July so I'm 5½ and 6½ months out. I'm also 58 and had 8 years of running/playing basketball/fishing/dancing (I don't dance but it was my youngest son's wedding) walking. I can tell you that that I had the biggest trouble trying not to overdo and...
  2. tpellerin

    Bilateral TKR Marci's Progress - Operation 16/6/16

    Marci, That was great! I am 3 and 4 months out today, have been teaching 5 weeks and living the life of a stiff, however, starting to get some active life going too. Gotta go do my stretches.. 118 ROM on my own both legs right now. 125 pushed. I want 180!! (they do that in the surgery)
  3. tpellerin

    TKR Papas new knee<

    Hey Terry, Glad to see you made it out of knee 2!! Few more weeks, that pain'll be history. 2nd knee was no joy ride for me with a 1 month spacing between surgeries! I'm teaching, getting through the day and am doing some stairs too (1 flight mind you) at work. Ted
  4. tpellerin

    TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

    Hi Suz, I also just caught up with your sister's situation and am glad she's on the mend. Thanks again for your support, knee 2 went mostly worse than knee 1 for the first few weeks but is fine now. Glad I don't have 3 knees! Ted
  5. tpellerin

    TKR 21 June 2016 & 18 October 2016 Life Begins Again

    Hey guys, I did one on 6/12 and one on 7/11 and have popped out pretty well! Rode my road bike 5.5 miles yesterday and clipped into the pedals...and survived, although my muscles are reminding me of my new chicken legs today, big time!
  6. tpellerin

    TKR 21 June 2016 & 18 October 2016 Life Begins Again

    Good for you on sleeping during the day, the most I've managed is 20 minutes. I am 1 week ahead with my new Zimmer Persona and just sleeping through the night (2 nights!) excepting changing ice packs. I'm a little concerned with how I'll do with the 2nd knee regarding sleeping, but, "little...
  7. tpellerin

    Bilateral TKR The journey starts now

    So I only did l TKR but there's a distinct change in my overall body disposition at the end of 4 weeks where I am much less house-bound, did some intense weed wacking around my pond and just feeling better about things, so give yourself some time, binge-watch "breaking bad" , "the wire" or...
  8. tpellerin

    TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

    Shoot, you're only a month out Clara, it's going to get better for us newbies, keep icing and throw on the down comforter. I don't have AC in my old house and it's going to be in the mid 80's next week, that'll help me out I guess. I dive in tomorrow for LTKR too, 6AM!
  9. tpellerin

    TKR Papas new knee<

    I hope that you slept, Terry. I've just pulled off two nights in a row of at least 6 hours, however, it's now time for knee # 2 and I've got to start that all over again. What a year.
  10. tpellerin

    TKR Day 11

    My doc won't even let me start gym stuff until 6 weeks, but he cuts the quad some and that's gotta heal before lifting commences.
  11. tpellerin

    Revision TKR 3 years out - Injury?worked

    Wow, I completely need to take a class but haven't had the guts to sign up for one Hookem...good for you! When do you return to work? (it ought to be a while I think) Ted
  12. tpellerin

    TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

    Yep, your comments have really helped my Suz on TKR #1 and have got me ready (I think) for #2 tomorrow. Ted
  13. tpellerin

    TKR In between staged 1 month replacement both knees

    Well, here goes, back to the OR for knee number two Monday at 6AM (LTKR), and conveniently, I've just had my first two nights sleeping through without pain meds and my left knee needed ice during the night just to sleep which helped to allay thoughts the last couple of days of bailing on the...
  14. tpellerin

    TKR In between staged 1 month replacement both knees

    Question about acetaminophen and alcohol....so, for the last couple of weeks, I've averaged 1 beer/day (a reward of sorts) and cut back tylenol to 3g/day instead of 4g. Maybe a bad idea as I see that the combo is rough on renal and liver function and I've got lots of weeks of tylenol coming up...
  15. tpellerin

    Revision TKR 3 years out - Injury?worked

    Yep, I've gotta get to 120 from 106 in two weeks, I'm not predicting success based on weekly change. I suppose it's a goal. Ted
Back
Top Bottom