TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

Thank You @TML! I wish you well too-!! I'm sure as you continue on in your recovery and start getting your life back- you will also feel compelled to be here for others here that are just beginning their recovery journey.

When I was only 2wks out from surgery I was so distraught. I hadn't planned on my TKR being as serious as it turned out to be. I honestly feared ever being the same again.

It was the supportive voices of BoneSmart staff & members that were months and years out from their TKR's that reached out to me and assured me that things would improve. They gave me comfort & hope. And it touches my heart that you feel I have done so for you! = )

[Bonesmart.org] Suz's Recovery Journey
 
Yep, your comments have really helped my Suz on TKR #1 and have got me ready (I think) for #2 tomorrow.
Ted
 
We're going to be right here for you Ted! Just think- in only about 8wks you will be well on your way in recovery of both knees! No More Arthritis in your Knee Caps! That's worth any amount of 'temporary' recovery discomfort in my opinion. I'll be able to walk, run & enjoy life free of that horrible pain is where my thoughts would be for the coming days!
 
How are you doing? Are you able to do everything you need to do on your farm? Hopefully everything is going well.
 
Just catching up on your thread. What a journey you've had! Love your commercial kitchen. I'm glad you're getting back into your day-to-day farm activities.


Jean

RTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 June 2016
LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Also hoping you are feeling better.


Jean

RTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 June 2016
LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
I missed you, too, and am so glad you're feeling better and are back with us!
 
@Suz I received my Caravelle moisturizer today. I purchased the 16 pz tub so I poured some in a smaller container and added a few drops of lavender essential oil, it feels and it smells great. The lavender oil has a wonderful scent, it helps you relax and is good for healing. Thank you for the suggestion!!!
 
Hey @Suz , Just checking up on you, how are you feeling?

I hope you have a great weekend!!!
 
Hello Friends~ It has been some time since I've been online and I've missed you. My dear sister, 13 months younger than myself, fell a few weeks ago and broke her neck. C1 & C2. She is still in ICU on a ventilator and unable to move.

Our prayer is that she will soon be discharged out of ICU and on to spinal cord injury rehab but due to her unstable blood pressure that hasn't happened yet.

I've been by her side pretty much day & night. The hospital she is in is 4hrs from my home so with Audrey it's been quite a journey. Nothing like what she is going through, we almost lost her a few times. Her attitude about it all has been amazing.

She has been able to move her feet a little recently which is thrilling. She's alert now and for that we are so thankful.

I just wanted to say hello to my BoneSmart family and tell you why I haven't been around lately.

Her name is Teresa and we welcome all prayers for her peace and belief that things are going to be good for her again!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom