Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Your sleep must not be as good as you thought, or maybe it was just the yoyoing we in this recovery go through. Whatever it was, I'm so glad it's gone and you're on the mend. I bet that nap felt good. I had a 2 hour one myself and I'm still ready for bed at 8:30. Crazy! Even doing a little bit of nothing causes energy drain.

Have a very good night and have another good night's sleep and enjoy that better day tomorrow!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!



I hope everyone is feeling better today than you were feeling yesterday, as the above picture shows, things could be worse, hahaha

I didn't even go into BS yesterday, I was having one of those "I'm so tired of this S@%T kind of day". I felt like a whinnie baby, tired of taking pills, being cold, having aches and pains, icing, elevating, constipation, looking at the same 4 walls, not sleeping, not driving, etc. Then my son came over with my 5 year old grandson, and he noticed that I was walking without any aid, and he said "Uva (grandkids call me Uva) you are better, soon I will be able to take you to the park to play, isn't that great?". So I told myself, snap out of it and concentrate on getting better you big baby.

I had PT yesterday but I cancelled, that would have been 2 days back to back and I thought that maybe be too much for the knee, and the rest of me too!

I slept better, last night, 1/2 the night in bed, 1/2 in recliner, but I slept. I went to bed with ice pack, but didn't get another one, as I usually do in the middle of the night, maybe that's why I slept, I wasn't freezing.

Hubby is working so no outings today, but maybe tomorrow if it doesn't rain, it has been raining all week mid day.

I wish all of you a beautiful, pain free day!!!
 
It sounds like you know how to handle the down days! It will get easier. Congratulation on your progress! BTW I gave up icing at night in favor of sleeping.
 
@Floridagal I think I'm going to do the same, I'm going on ice until just before bedtime then not until morning, icing is part of the reason I can't sleep, my entire body gets cold and I'm very uncomfortable. I still ice often during the day so it should be OK.
 
I tried not icing 2 nights last week and woke up hurting, so I've gone back to it. I throw an extra blanket on me! Maybe I'll try again tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes. Let me know how you guys make out.

@uva55, I am so glad to hear you're OK. I totally understand your being tired of this s...! So am I. My whole life revolves around this thing. The first thing I think of in the morning is my knee and the last thing at night is my knee. Just about all I talk about also revolves around my healing or discomfort with this thing. I want to go out and play! I want to ride my bike, so hiking, go to the movies, something besides just elevating and icing and watching stupid TV! You are so blessed to have people coming in and out to make you snap out of your mood. Having family close by really is handy and so helpful! I'm jealous, I've had no family come see me at all. :bawl:
 
@sistersinhim today my husband worked also, I told him this morning I was cooking a simple dinner tonight, he tried to talk me out of it, but I'm also tired of eating takeout, I'm making white rice, Cuban stile steak and plantains, simple but home made. I'm looking forward to dinner!!!

I'm going to try to sleep without ice tonight, if possible, my knee is swollen and I really don't know why, I'm icing, elevating and resting actually if I move any less people are going to think I'm in a coma:gaah:
 
It is frustrating, isn't it. This darn rollercoaster ride! I'll be so glad when we can stay at the top longer than the bottom!

Your dinner sounds delicious! Enjoy your extra effort and then relax the rest of the evening! I had leftover Popeye's. It could be worse!
 
Im sorry you had a enough of this @##@$ day.. Are you doing a bit better now?

Have you rethought the return to work timeframe?

btw your dinner sounds yummy. I LOVE plantains...
 
@dianehelen I'm very swollen today, don't know why I have not been doing much, didn't even do my exercises, who knows, I just go with the flow.

Unless I'm feeling much better by next Thursday, I'm going to call my OS and discuss my going back to work with him, I don't think he will insist on me going back to work if I'm not ready, then I have to call the operations manager and start the disability process, maybe 3 or 4 more weeks, I know that feeling the way I do now I can't sit at a desk, when I sit at the dinner table for 30 minutes my knee hurts. I really wish I was already retired and this wasn't an issue.

My dinner was yummy, I missed my cooking, lol.

Have a great weekend :happydance:
 
@uva55 i remember all too well those feelings of "I'm so tired of being so tired etc." I had those days when I had my RTKR 3 years ago. Now heading for the LTKR in 5 days and dreading those feelings again. I also am still working full time. Actually, I love my job and its part of my motivation to get better - so I can get back to work. After my last knee I started " visiting" at work at around 5 weeks. Would just drop in for about an hour or so. Then went back to half days at 8 weeks and back to full time at about 10 weeks. That seemed to work for me. We'll see how it goes this time. Hang in there. This will all be worth it.
 
Shoot, you're only a month out Clara, it's going to get better for us newbies, keep icing and throw on the down comforter. I don't have AC in my old house and it's going to be in the mid 80's next week, that'll help me out I guess.
I dive in tomorrow for LTKR too, 6AM!
 
Clara, I was at the same time frame when I cooked a meal. I threw some chicken and stuffing in the crock pot. Your dinner sounds better! Be patient, you're getting there. When are you due to go back to work?
 
@KarriB I'm supposed to go back on July 25th, and I think that's part of my problem, I really don't think I can do it, I still have a lot of discomfort, swelling, can't sleep well, when I sit with my leg hanging down more than 30 minutes it starts hurting, and it's stressing me out.
 
@uva55 Listen to what your body is telling you now about returning to work and act accordingly. Only you know what your job requires of you both physically and mentally. I'll bet once you get your doctor to extend your medical leave and talk to your workplace that you'll feel a huge weight taken from you. Give your body the gift of time.
 
If you went back you'd only be 6 or 7 weeks out. That's really early. If you need a Drs excuse I'd talk to your OS as soon as you can to let your employer know in plenty of time. I went back a month later than I had planned and just e-mailed my principal and superintendent, then wrote a letter to the school board to inform them. I did need a script from my OS to return when I went back part time and then again full time 6 weeks later. During the 6 weeks I worked mornings only I came home to elevate, ice and nap in the afternoons.
 
@TML I just discussed this with my husband, he gets upset because I get stressed over this, he said I should just call my OS and get the ball rolling so I can take more time off. I'm going to call his office tomorrow, he's in surgery today.

It's not that I don't feel I'm improving, I absolutely am, but not enough that I can go back to all of my activities yet, my sleeping is crappy, still no energy, still some swelling and discomfort, when I was taking a shower last night I got light headed. I just need a little more time. I have to face that that I'm not call by the shots, my knee is.
 
I totally understand. It's not easy when our mind says one thing and our body another. Just a little more time will make a world of difference. Thinking of you and wishing you the best!
 
I go back to work in 3 weeks. I'm hoping they don't call me up to work in the office 'cause that's stand up work. Usually during pre-planning that's where I end up. They don't really like anyone else to do the filing, so they get me. I won't be able to stand and do it this year. I'm glad they have so much confidence in me that I do it right, but it does get old that they don't do their own work! One year they were told to do their own work. I was surprised. And that was the time I didn't have too much to do and would have gone up to help. It involved data entry - and that is my forte. Someone higher up felt I had no business entering confidential information!

How are you feeling? Hoping for a better day today!
 
Back
Top Bottom