TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

Hi Suz,

I also just caught up with your sister's situation and am glad she's on the mend.
Thanks again for your support, knee 2 went mostly worse than knee 1 for the first few weeks but is fine now. Glad I don't have 3 knees!

Ted
 
Hi Suz, I'm glad that your sister is still recovering nicely and that your knee is behaving so well.

I keep your family in my prayers, thank you for the updates.
 
Hey Family~!!

It's been awhile since I have posted. I'm SORRY! I don't know how these days get away from me as they do- lol!

I wish to thank you again for your support & prayers and am happy to report this evening that my sister is completely weaned off the respirator now! They removed her trach yesterday, YAHOO!! She is able to eat soft foods and drink her Diet Mt. Dew again! She is regaining movement in the lower part of her right arm! With her love for adult coloring- this is HUGE to her!!

Our next move is the transfer to another rehab center that will help reestablish more movement. She is alive today by the grace of God and your faithful prayers~!

I'm doing well. Knee continues to do well altho she has buckled on me a few times recently. I think it has something to do with my walking in the pastures where I love to spend time with the horses. BUT.. I hear your voices telling me to rest & take care of myself and I do listen- LOL!

I'm about to go mosey around the forum now to see how everyone is doing! MUAH-!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Suz!
I'm glad to hear from you. Please don't feel that you have to update us - you have so much on your plate right now - but it is lovely to hear from you.

I'm thrilled to read how well Teresa is progressing. She certainly is having good care and I'm pleased that people are helping her to increase her abilities.

Best wishes to both of you and your families.
 
Hi Suzie, I'm so happy for your sister and the family, thank God she is recovering nicely, prayers do work miracles and all of your friends here at BS have been praying for your family!!!

I'm glad you are doing well and are taking care of your knee.

Thank you for the update :flwrysmile:
 
T sounds like a miracle! I love to hear her progress. And your knee is responding so well! God is good!
 
Good news! Thanks for the update - know you are busy. Happy you are taking care of yourself too.
 
So happy to hear T is breathing on her own! That's huge! I'll be praying for continued success at the new rehab.
 
Hi @Suz, great to hear from you and good to hear your sister is making more progress. Spending time with horses is my idea of heaven, but I know your farm chores are hard work too, so don't forget to pace yourself and look after that knee.
All the best to you, your sister and family.
Love Tabby xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant news about Teresa's progress! You sound OK too but what with Audrey, Teresa and the farm, make sure you are looking after yourself emotionally as well. x
 
Oh Suz, such a blessing about Teresa. Prayers continue.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
So now that 'T' is completely weaned from the ventilator we are hoping for a transfer to Wake Medical Ctr. in Raleigh, NC to begin strenuous PT & OT. She continues to regain small amounts of movement which is thrilling!

I'm still doing well! I had the pleasure of my surgeon's company yesterday but in a different capacity! He was about to go in and remove hardware from my finance's left knee- that was implanted FORTY YEARS AGO! It has held his knee together all of this time and it's time for some updating! In a few weeks he'll get an MRI study done and his replacement will be ordered.

So, life continues to place it's challenges at my feet- and I continue to move through them! I'm about to order an ice machine for Allan- as the procedure to remove the hardware is a little more painful than what he anticipated. Today he's using the same ice packs I used for my replacement but I learned from allot of you the ice machine is much more effective. So I'm here today to do a little research for the best ice machine- that will bring him comfort now and in the coming weeks!

Here's hoping you are continuing to heal! The weather here in Virginia is absolutely beautiful today. I hope you are able to get outside where you are today!

Audrey is doing great- she's so excited Halloween is around the corner! Now to find a good ice machine for Allan!

Hugs to you all~!

-Suzie

[Bonesmart.org] Suz's Recovery Journey
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Suz
So glad for the good updates! I hope you, your sister, and Allan continue to get better! Then you can all go walking with the horses!

Make sure to take care of yourself too!

Jen
 
Great news - so glad "T" and you continue to improve! That Allan has had his "parts" for 40 years gives me hope ... that would take me to 102!:wowspring:Miserably hot again in SoCal. Good news is I have tickets to Game 5 for the Dodgers; bad news ... its miserably hot and sunny in our seats! Sigh. Go Dodger Blue!
 
So glad to hear your sister keeps getting better! Wonderful news!
 
I'm happy to hear T continues to make progress and thatbyou continue to do well.
 
Good grief! Is there anybody in your life that doesn't need your care, strength and attention? LOL!

One strong, giving lady.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom