Recent content by SweetPea69

  1. S

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    @Krista, You are one amazing woman! I admire your determination, spirit, patience & positive attitude!:yes!: Thank your for continuing to post and taking care of yourself, as well as inspiring others SweetPea69
  2. S

    THR Dopey

    @Chihuahuan, So glad you, my fellow New Mexican, is progressing well! Having had bilateral knee replacement & then, in March, my LTHR, I relate to the gait concerns. Hopefully, your PT will help! Take care, SweetPea69
  3. S

    THR 4 days after surgery & continued recovery<

    Hi @Cynthia777 and you many other supportive BoneSmart family, Thanks fir checking on me, @Cynthia777! It's been a busy time & am now working on catching with my BS family! Last Friday I returned from a five-week trip to Italy where I was visiting son, daughter-in-law (born in Italy) and two...
  4. S

    THR My recovery journey<

    @Arlene56 So glad to hear you are doing well! 2 miles a day is great!!! I'm about the same time out as you & I average about a mile a day. I'm going back to OS on Tuesday for a much delayed 6 week post op appointment & am anxious for his assessment. Keep up the good work; it helps inspire me...
  5. S

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    @keepmovin I agree with Krista regarding recovering when you have traveled and been sick! With my just having surgery 9 weeks ago & no other real complications I have had trouble crawling back to any semblance of normal & it has just two days ago that I figured out how to walk correctly which...
  6. S

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    @Krista Glad your sleep study is over & will be thankful when you get the results! Hopefully, there may be some part of the report that will give you hints about better sleep, but I don't know. Thanks for sharing the "all wired up" photo. :tiredwheel: Being so "wired" tires you out in...
  7. S

    THR 4 days after surgery & continued recovery<

    @Cynthia777 I've been watching your posts & am so glad you are doing well! Haven't posted much to you though because thought you were probably overwhelmed with the amount of fan mail you've gotten! :hugzz:You certainly deserve it because you have kept so many people's spirits up for so long...
  8. S

    THR Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR

    @Squirrellymom So glad you are progressing so well!!! I went out yesterday & bought a new pair of SAS walking shoes--the Walk Easy style with the curved soles. They're pretty comfortable so I'm glad I did. Your posts are great! Continue with your great progress! SweetPea69
  9. S

    THR Post Op Progress<

    @Josephine What--you can't read my mind?:heehee: Sorry! I should have put your name before the question. @Simplieme had said she has LLD & she put in a temporary heel lift and was wondering if she do it this soon or if her muscles need time to adjust more yet. She said it helped with the...
  10. S

    THR Post Op Progress<

    @Simplieme So glad for the good report for of vein surgery! It's probably a good idea to ask to lie down when your staples are removed, considering your last experience. I am still limping at almost 8 weeks after LTHR & am wondering now if it is LLD. I've bought new shoes, etc & I have your...
  11. S

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    @keepmovin Am just now catching up on your posts and am so glad for your good report!!! Your positive, "keep on going" is an inspiration to all!!! I also appreciate your posts & your encouragement of others! So happy for your good report! SweetPea69
  12. S

    THR Toddlermom - one down!!

    @Toddlermom & other Smarties, It seems @Toddlermom that you struck a common chord with many of us. And you have received some good suggestions. So glad your mom is coming to help soon & hubby is supportive though very busy. I've been feeling pressured lately about my upcoming trip to see my 92...
  13. S

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    @Krista Wow, your pies look delicious! Wish you could send some to us virtually but then it would have to be a magically multiplying pie to send it to so many virtual BS friends! :heehee: I'm sure your husband did enjoy it! So glad you have the sleep test scheduled & hope it will help you get...
  14. S

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 Awesome! Second surgery over & headed home tomorrow! So happy for you. Prayers & best wishes your way! SweetPea69
  15. S

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Sleep apnea can cause memory loss & heart problems. My husband, who is 70, was first diagnosed with it over 35 years ago and I'm sure our adult son has it but won't get tested. My husband was falling asleep while talking on the phone on business calls & while driving. The doctor told him if he...
Back
Top Bottom