THR Dopey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started the Magnesium and will see how it does.
Felt very cooped up yesterday (@Cynthia777 warned me about it!) so we went on an excursion to Target. Had a lovely walk pushing a cart around the grocery section and then out to lunch. I'm still not eating a lot so a 1/2 sandwich and cup of soup was just right -- gorgeous homemade soup. Today I'm a little stiff but no soreness.
Totally off Percoset --love having a clear head. :yes::yes!:
 
Yippee! Off the hard drugs! To me, a clearer head meant a clearer attitude. Good going. Have a great weekend!
 
I've yet to try Target.... I'm hoping to get my clearance to drive when I have my 6 week post-op check with the OS on Tuesday - then maybe I'll be very brave and drive myself to the nearest Walgreens and attempt the drug store, first!
Congratulations on all the progress, Jen!!!
:yay:
 
I've yet to try Target.... I'm hoping to get my clearance to drive when I have my 6 week post-op check with the OS on Tuesday - then maybe I'll be very brave and drive myself to the nearest Walgreens and attempt the drug store, first!
Congratulations on all the progress, Jen!!!
:yay:
I'm going to try a drive down our road tomorrow while traffic is light -- OS said I could once I'm off pain meds but I feel quite insecure about it. We have grandkid duty on Tuesday --my OS day also--so it would be good if I could drive myself.
I know I've made lots of progress but the thigh pain drives me nuts --would love to know what it is --#1 question for OS :sigh::what::unsure:
 
I know I've made lots of progress but the thigh pain drives me nuts --would love to know what it is --#1 question for OS :sigh::what::unsure:

Look at you, about to drive around town! I've been reading about those "zings" that you've mentioned in other posts (wouldn't that be all the muscle, soft tissue and nerves getting back to business as they heal?), but I haven't experienced that. My thigh is usually super tight when I first get up in the morning or if I've been sitting too long, but MY #1 question for my OS? What is this pain in my bottom all about????? He didn't even operate anywhere near there! :shrug: I did ask my PT while I was at the gym on Thursday, and she asked me if I'd been walking normally before surgery. No, I'd been limping whenever I did walk, and even at that, I tried to not walk much at all. She said that main glute has been off duty for a long time, so now that I'm demanding it to snap back into action, it's saying "ouch!" Well, we'll see what the OS says about it on Tuesday! Good luck tomorrow! You'll be great!!!!
 
Such an interesting article!!! When you stop to think about just the swelling that we're dealing with after all the surgical trauma that's been inflicted in that area (not to mention all sorts of other things that have taken place in surgery!), it makes total sense!! I hope you're able to mention it your OS on Tuesday - it would be so interesting to get his take!!
Hope your Sunday drive went well! xox
 
Such an interesting article!!! When you stop to think about just the swelling that we're dealing with after all the surgical trauma that's been inflicted in that area (not to mention all sorts of other things that have taken place in surgery!), it makes total sense!! I hope you're able to mention it your OS on Tuesday - it would be so interesting to get his take!!
Hope your Sunday drive went well! xox
Printed the article to take with me. Have yet to do my drive --did not sleep well so apprehensive about doing it today.
 
I had a bad night as well, Jen... Restless sleep, pain through the night and today from yesterday's 10 min. stroll down our hilly street. Guess my muscles weren't ready for that challenge, so they're letting me know today. Ouch!
Can't wait to hear what the OS says about the article!
Here's to a much better night for us both tonight! :sleep:
 
I've read quite a few recoveries where easing off PT eased the pain and the rest of their recoveries went much easier. Just saying (butting in where I don't belong)...:bolt:
@Cynthia777 Hi Cynthia --always welcome your comments and support -- not doing PT yet. Pain is definitely nerve related. I think stretching would help a lot. I also need work on my gait due to having both hip and knee replacements. I have a great PT who I trust implicitly --when I was having PT for RTKR he was working with a friend who just had bilateral anterior approach hips done out of state.
 
@Chihuahuan,
So glad you, my fellow New Mexican, is progressing well! Having had bilateral knee replacement & then, in March, my LTHR, I relate to the gait concerns. Hopefully, your PT will help!
Take care,
SweetPea69
 
@Chihuahuan,
So glad you, my fellow New Mexican, is progressing well! Having had bilateral knee replacement & then, in March, my LTHR, I relate to the gait concerns. Hopefully, your PT will help!
Take care,
SweetPea69
Thanks so much --nice to "meet" someone in a similar situation. I'm in Las Cruces. I go for my PT eval on Friday afternoon.
Had a good visit with my OS today. He's happy with the hip joint --not so much with the nerve issue but had warned me it may occur. I was correct with my self diagnosis of Meralgia Parenthetica .... He's prescribed Lyrica to see if that will calm it down. Surprisingly this morning I stretched my spine by touching my toes while I was seated in bed. Gosh did my sacrum and lower back crackle --I've felt so much better since. (Hamstrings and gluts are complaining from being seated or so long). OS says not to touch toes while standing -- only dislocation he has ever had was with a former ballerina who was picking weeds! Next appointment in six weeks. Glad he is following up.
Have yet to drive but feel more confident walking with a cane. Walked down a slight slope from coffee shop to grocery store with no complaints :fingersx:.
Slowly making progress even if it is a little back and forth. :tada:
 
Thursday: Began driving -- sets off the not-nice thigh nerve zings :gaah:..... Needed some shorts for PT so took myself to Marshalls to get some. Happy to be liberated!
Friday: PT evaluation day. Lovely to see my favorite physio and his assistant. He rotated and stretched the hip joint --no pain at all --just a lovely sense of movement that not's been there for many years. I'm in good hands.
 
Hurray, hurray, hurray!!!! Driving AND shopping!!!!! I'm so happy you were able to see your favorite physio, too! Doesn't it feel fabulous to have that leg stretched and rotated without pain?!? When will you be able to check with your family dr about the Lyrica? I'm wanting those zingy nerves to quit bothering you!!
We're on our way, Jen!!!!
:)
 
Hurray, hurray, hurray!!!! Driving AND shopping!!!!! I'm so happy you were able to see your favorite physio, too! Doesn't it feel fabulous to have that leg stretched and rotated without pain?!? When will you be able to check with your family dr about the Lyrica? I'm wanting those zingy nerves to quit bothering you!!
We're on our way, Jen!!!!
:)
@DizzyBlond I already have an appointment with him on Thursday so will chat about it then. Would much rather have PT resolve the problem than take meds with the potential for pretty bad side effects. I'm hoping that once all the inflammation has gone down and scar tissue is stretched out that the nerve problem will slowly become tolerable or go away. Praying that this is a temporary glitch in the works.
We are definitely on our way!
 
I was just looking at my incision, hip and leg in the mirror as I was getting ready for bed just now - the incision is healed, but I'm surprised at the fact that my thigh is still swollen. But then I thought, oh, there's a whole lot of healing going on in there still - and I'm sure that's exactly what you're experiencing! We're gonna pray that those "zings" are just an indication of nerves that have been "assaulted" from surgery, and will calm down soon! One day at a time.... and here and then a little driving and shopping, too! xox
:)
 
Well done Jen, you're doing so well. It's nice to hear you're progressing. Will look forward to reading what the OS says to you on Thursday.

Take care
Love Ann X
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom