Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op Progress<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I peeped under the bandages of my vein surgery.. To my dismay, I found I have staples!!! :bignono: Oh dear, I still remember the embarrassment of me passing out when I had my staples out from my THR. I think when I go get them out, I will have to ask to lay down :heehee:
 
Praying for the people of Fort McMurray, AB Wildfires have swept right through the town, the whole place is being evacuated, many have already lost their homes.
It's so dry here. We've had a very mild winter, and virtually no rain.
 
@Simplieme
So glad for the good report for of vein surgery! It's probably a good idea to ask to lie down when your staples are removed, considering your last experience.
I am still limping at almost 8 weeks after LTHR & am wondering now if it is LLD. I've bought new shoes, etc & I have your same concern--if it would be a bad idea to put a thin lift in the other shoe. I don't know if it will affect my pelvic muscle recovery. I haven't done it yet but have been tempted to. So, I'm also tagging @Josephine to see her response to this. Maybe that will help us & others.
I'm so sorry about the fires...they're devastating. We're so dry in this part of New Mexico too. Will be praying for people in that region.
Continue to take care of yourself & have a successful recovery!
SweetPea69
 
@Josephine
What--you can't read my mind?:heehee: Sorry! I should have put your name before the question. @Simplieme had said she has LLD & she put in a temporary heel lift and was wondering if she do it this soon or if her muscles need time to adjust more yet. She said it helped with the pain. I'm pretty sure I have LLD too & have considered putting in a thin inner sole in my shoe under my custom orthotic on the shorter leg. But I've hesitated to do that at almost 8 weeks out because I don't want to do it if it's not good for my muscles. I would like too help the pain too. So I was,telling Simpleme I would ask your opinion to see what your thoughts are.
Sorry for the confusion! Thanks!
SweetPea69
 
HI @Simplieme!
I've fallen behind on everyone's threads, so I've been trying to catch up. I'm sorry I've been Mia! I'm so happy that you've put the vein surgery behind you! I'm not sure if I have a LLD yet, but I do know I had one prior to my recent THR. I think it's a bit too early for me to recognize whether my OS corrected it or not. I'll be interested to hear what Josephine has to say about the inner sole. Sending you prayers!
 
@Josephine
What--you can't read my mind?:heehee:
That's in class 6 of how to be a good moderator on BoneSmart! I'm only on class 4 at the moment! :rotfl:
Simplieme had said she has LLD & she put in a temporary heel lift and was wondering if she do it this soon or if her muscles need time to adjust more yet. She said it helped with the pain.
Well, the jury's out on this. But it's generally considered not a wise thing to do in the fw few weeks as you'd still be in post-op pain so which is it? And yes, your body does need time to adjust as it will. Read this Leg length differential - LLD
 
I gave up on the heel lift. It helped but I don't want that long term. If I stand up square the heel on my non operated leg doesn't touch the ground, just my toes. My OS said I had LLD before surgery and has adjusted it. When I asked him at 6 weeks he said it would come right. I've had my PT check and adjust for pelvic tilt. Not much else to do? I'll just have to practice walking sideways in the Rocky Mountains :loll:
The weather is still warm and everywhere is tinder dry. Fire bans everywhere. Plans being made for water rationing if necessary. The poor people up north in the Wildfires are being evacuated, they've lost everything. I can't imagine what that must be like.
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/fort-mcmurray-wildfire-grows-to-85-000-hectares-1.2889352
 
@Simplieme
Those wildfire are just awful! I've been watching it on the news and it said something like 80,000+ people can't even get out of the area because the only road in and out is not passable. I've been praying for them today. I'm so happy you aren't trapped. So very sad. :-(
 
@Cynthia777 I'm so glad to hear you are recovering well from your second surgery. Nice to have you back, I missed you when you were gone.
I think the news of the fires has spread around now. Westjet are sending planes in with supplies to the camps and flying out full of people. It's difficult because there's not much else up there. Two of my sons workmates were up there on the day of the big fire, but were able to get out.
The rain didn't last long, but it was nice (coming from Northern England I can't believe I just said that lol)
Today I took my walker and my shower seat back to the loans dept at the Red Cross, that's enough of those. Funny - I remember thinking I would never let go of that walker, I just could not walk without talking all the weight on my arms. How did I give that up ???
 
I've had one of those weeks with no energy. I'm sure I haven't been over doing it. I'm not really in any pain.
Time is counting down. Next week I see my OS for the 3 months check. I'm expecting to be able to go back to work.
now I'm more mobile, the knee pain comes back that I had pre op. Not all the time, just certain times, like sometimes going up stairs. The pain is on the left of my kneecap I had hoped that would go away.
 
I'm so sorry you're still experiencing that knee pain. Keeping in mind that recovery takes up to a year, hopefully the knee pain will resolve itself. :-)
 
Saw my OS today for my three month check. He said everything looked good on the x Ray. He took off my restrictions :yes!:. The few pains I still have are, he said, just things healing and getting used to the new hip. This included the twitches/spasms. ( there is medication for this, but I didn't want it) he checked my other hip on the X Ray and said it looked good :yay:

@SweetPea69 I asked him about my LLD he said it could take up to a year for everything to even out. I also asked about the shoe heel lift, and he said no not yet, give my muscles a chance first, if it's not better after a year, then yes.
I can go back to work next week, but with modified duties. Baths and swimming are good to go too!!

Yesterday I saw my PT. I love her, she is amazing! (Stamina Therapy) She makes sure I don't have pelvic tilt. She said she had a couple of new things to try on my hip, and we also worked more on reducing my limp. Today has been brilliant, my limp has almost gone, and walking is just about pain free!!!

Tonight, I'm not pushing my luck, I'm resting and icing !!

Hope everyone is doing ok and has a great holiday weekend.
:flwrysmile: Pam.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Today I had my first full day back at work tonight I felt a little sore, so I rested and got the good old ice pack out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom