Guest viewing is limited

THR 4 days after surgery & continued recovery<

Status
Not open for further replies.
my steps translate to about 1-1.5 miles per day (yesterday almost 1.75 miles). One of the things that has bothered me is that I am getting winded (running out of breath) more quickly as I've walked than before surgery. That may be due to the limping & the turned in foot.
:yikes: :swoon: That's FAR too much for 6 weeks! Really! Your walks at this stage are supposed to be no more than 30 minutes! No wonder you are feeling winded! You need to read this Activity progression for THRs
 
@SweetPea69
I just got caught up on your thread and I'm so sorry you're still experiencing such high pain levels. Have you spoken to your OS yet? Are your pain levels still the same as they were a week or so ago?
 
@Cynthia777
I've been watching your posts & am so glad you are doing well! Haven't posted much to you though because thought you were probably overwhelmed with the amount of fan mail you've gotten! :hugzz:You certainly deserve it because you have kept so many people's spirits up for so long. What a great testament to the person you are!

Thanks for checking on me. My pain levels are better but I think still not as good as they should be for 8 weeks out. I did talk to my OS & he advised me to walk without the cane, starting around the house first & later going out withou it. I've done that & rarely use the cane now but still have groin & hip pain. I have decided I probably have LLD. I walk like a pinguin. :heehee: My next appointment is May 17 & I'm anxious to see him. I feel like I'll learn more then. I decided to postpone my trip to see my mom until the 18th, hoping he'll have some good ideas. It will get better. I'm determined!!!
Meanwhile, CC, you keep up that great progress & keep everyone smiling & laughing with your positive posts.
Take care of yourself.
SweetPea69
 
@SweetPea69 aka Madam Penguin :heehee:

What a sweetheart! Your kind words have brightened my day! I've felt so bad because I'm so far behind on how everyone is coming along. The alert systems has not been working very well as of late. I've found I need to unwatch threads and then re-watch them in order to start receiving alerts again.

I think your decision to wait on your trip is a wise one. Better to see what the story is with your pain before placing anymore undue stress on your hip. Having been very active on BS for over a year now, I have seen members whose recovery have just taken a bit longer than the usual time frame. I'm praying this will be the case for you. As always you are in my prayers. :prayer:
 
Hi @Cynthia777 and you many other supportive BoneSmart family,
Thanks fir checking on me, @Cynthia777! It's been a busy time & am now working on catching with my BS family!
Last Friday I returned from a five-week trip to Italy where I was visiting son, daughter-in-law (born in Italy) and two granddaughters. It was an exciting trip in which I was fortunate to be there for the two granddaughters & son's birthdays. It was a good visit but missed my hubby tremendously & am glad to be home.

Fortunately, we only felt a minor tremor with the earthquake. My heart goes out to all involved with the disaster. One of my youngest grandaughters' friends would have been at the epicenter had the family not have stayed in the Rome area since she was invited to my grandaughter's birthday party. As it was, this friend's grandparents lived at epicenter. They were fine but lost their home & everything in it as well as good friends.

I managed fine in Italy, with family help, but think I set back my recovery from LLD some because surfaces where we traveled & lived were so uneven I wasn't secure enough to to go without my cane. Using the cane kept my hips off balance so i continue to walk like a penguin. :happyfeet:Now that I'm home, cane is put away & I'm concentrating on walking straight again. Probably when I go back to OS in late September he'll prescribe a lift, which may be better since especially standing with legs the way they are now is very tiring & keeps back & hips off balance.

@Cynthia777, so glad you are doing well & got in a great vacation. :dancy:Totally hear you about needing a vacation after the vacation! Sounds like you are doing well & im so thankful! I'll start reading & responding more now that I'm back. I did some meditation this morning & I think that helps me re-focus.

All my best to you BoneSmarties!
SweetPea
 
@SweetPea69 So glad you enjoyed Italy and family. I feel as though I'm relearning how to walk and really have to concentrate to make it happen. I'm hoping my trusted PT can make it happen more easily.
 
So good to hear from you my friend! As you know, I always miss your posts while you're away. Look at you traveling to Italy so soon after your THR! Fortunately you were far from the epicenter of the earthquake! What a blessing that your granddaughter's friend was away from home attending the birthday party! God works in mysterious ways. I've been so saddened by the earthquake in Italy! Those poor dear people, having lost loved ones and everything they own on top of it....SO sad! Hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom