Recent content by sunbunny

  1. sunbunny

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Hope your THR goes well. We will be your best encouragers!
  2. sunbunny

    THR Hi, Yearly update

    Hello Constance! Happy New Year too! Yes, this site has gotten us through many days. It is difficult times with covid. My thoughts and prayers go to all!
  3. sunbunny

    Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

    @Izabel have read your thread and you are amazing with all you have encountered. I had plantar fasciitis as well and short of an injection my os recommended Birkenstock’s. I even slept in them and wore them to teach and even wore them to church. They are not pretty and they are expensive but...
  4. sunbunny

    TKR Return to work

    I taught first grade and went back after my first knee replacement at ten weeks. I ended up hobbling out each day. I agree on the phased in return. You are still healing and a primary teacher is a very demanding job. My team did take over my bus duty as by the end of the day I was done...
  5. sunbunny

    THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

    @zauberflöte yes it is sweltering! I had to laugh! We had to replace our ac a few days before my hip replacement. Murphy's law and all. So glad you are home. You know the drill!
  6. sunbunny

    THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

    Congratulations on your second hip! Be careful and remember the odit club! Hugs and well wishes!
  7. sunbunny

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Congratulations on your anniversary! You are doing fabulous! It is wonderful to hear how well everyone is doing. My other hip is starting to talk to me but as long as it's a whisper I am not listening. The whisper has not effected my quality of life. Lol! Hugs to all!
  8. sunbunny

    Revision THR How do you think I am doing?<

    @air1949 everyone's journey will be a bit different but the best advice as mentioned is to ice, take pain meds regularly ( you will know when to decrease and/or eliminate) , elevate, and walk. When walking use an aid until you don't limp. I had to relearn how to walk as I was limping badly...
  9. sunbunny

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    @Granny Di so very sorry to hear of your brother's passing. Hugs and prayers for you and your family. I think often about my hip buddies and hope they are doing well. Congratulations on the walking. I know you enjoy the great outdoors and it's beauty. Take care Diane. Sending good...
  10. sunbunny

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    @Krista you will feel so much better after you use the cpap. I have one and had it when I had my hip replacement last year. You just take it to the hospital with you. They will ask you to bring it! I have the resmed and use a pilairo pillow mask. I have had good results but like others have...
  11. sunbunny

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 I am in awe of you and am so glad you are on the other side. I have been unable to log in for awhile but have followed your struggles and triumphs! Many prayers and hugs your way for the infection counts to come down. You have a lot of support and I know if we could we would all...
  12. sunbunny

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    @Constanze congrats on all the one year out hippies! Woohoo we have made it and are going strong! The encouragement and compassion definitely made a difference in our recovery from all our buddies!
  13. sunbunny

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 Happy Valentine's Day! Teds, hmmm nurse threw them in the corner second day after surgery. Lol! Glad to hear you are doing so well. Tears will come randomly, part of the post op blues! They will pass. You are the poster child of hip replacements! You should write the book, "hip...
  14. sunbunny

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 yippee and wow! Great answers to prayers! You are doing wonderful and your positive attitude rocks. Keep it up and you will be swimming in your polka dot bikini soon! Hugs
  15. sunbunny

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 hope you are on the mend and have got good news. Prayers, hugs, and caring hands sent your way.
Back
Top Bottom