THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777 - So glad you are on the other side of things! We are proud of you! Pace yourself and keep up the good work. Love getting your updates.
@GimpyGal - Thank you for adding another positive note about the posterior approach. I went to the joint class today and they addressed the group as either anterior or posterior, so that you heard, "Here are your restrictions, posterior group, and anterior group, you don't have to worry about those." Felt a little like the first class set and those of us in coach. :snork: We are all going to the same place and we will all get there. Just makes you second guess things again. Trying to stop doing that, as I have plenty of things to work on that I can actually contribute to, as opposed to the surgery, where I need to trust they know what they are doing. To use my airline analogy, I reason that anterior can't be all free drinks and hot towels and posterior can't just be cramped seats and crying babies. There must be distinct benefits and concerns of each, or each wouldn't exist. Now, back to my list and looking for a bench or shower chair for the bathtub ... have a great day, everyone.
 
Congrats Cynthia777! Glad to get the positive update, hope you are resting, putting your feet up and are not too bored :yawn: .

As for the approach, told OS I didn't care where he cut, his choice. Don't think there's a 'best' way as there are different people, OS's, etc. There are many roads leading to Rome, it's the food that matters most!
 
Just a quick heads up....
Well, wbc count 25,000! Same thing that happened last time. So, I'm still in the hospital and won't be out for another day or two. I have lots to tell you (I've been jotting down notes as to what the differences are between hip one and hip two), but will share it when I get home. Hope all is well with my BS family! :loveshwr:
 
@Cynthia777 can't wait to hear all you have to tell us:dancy: Sorry to hear you won't be going home for a day or two but you are in the best place to be looked after:roseshwr:. You sound like you are doing amazing though :wowspring: Hope you're home soon and feeling well.:friends:.xx
 
:loveshwr:@Cynthia777 - I don't know if you are familiar with this song, but here are a few lyrics I wanted to share by way of encouragement that I thought you'd relate to and appreciate - hang in there!

Keep fighting the good fight (Never give up, never give up)
Keep letting your light shine (Holding it high as long as you live)
'Cause I'm never gonna leave you
Always gonna see you through to the other side
Keep fighting the good fight, fighting the good, fighting the good fight, good fight

Even in the road blocks (yeah)
Even through the rough spots
When you're feeling you've given all that you've got
I'm with you in the next step
Giving you in the next breath
I'll be the voice saying "You're gonna make it"
When you're out there on your own
You are never alone
 
@Cynthia777 wow! I think your white cells, macrophages and Killer T Cells are hyper diligent! I sure would want them on my side in a battle. Hopefully you are able to rest and actually sleep this go around. Think about you and pulling for a quick recovery.
 
The important part is that the 2nd hip surgery is behind you. I hope that having gone through the WBC count issue before at least makes it less stressful for you and your loved ones.

I'm interested to hear the differences you are experiencing with hip #2 and catching with you Twinsie!
 
Thinking of you this morning, healing prayers and vibes.. You got this girl.. :angel:
 
Those pesky white cells at it again! I can picture them, poised for battle, shields up defending your body as it quickly begins it's healing stages, fighting back any invader who tries to make it's way across healthy borders! :arrow: :hissy:Wish my white cells were as strong as your's! Your a fighter @Cynthia777 - through and through!

I'm thinking by now that boredom dilemma has now subsided as you have probably made friends with everyone on the floor. Can't see you lying in bed counting the ceiling tiles to pass the time away!:egypdance:

As for the posterior approach in discussion here, I too fall into the class of posterior lateral done on both hips. My surgeon preferred this method as it gave him better access to the acetabulum due to hip dysplasia and, of course, all my subsequent issues that required easy access. Whatever my surgeon was more comfortable with was OK with me.

May today bring you one step closer to making your way home!:flwrysmile:
 
Great to hear that your second surgery went well, but so sorry to hear that you have the WBC issue again. Hope it gets resolved quickly so you can get home and more comfortable. I understand the boredom issue - I experienced that as well, tough for those of us that are used to being busy! Sending prayers and positive energy your way!
 
Huge Hugs, @Cynthia777. I'm sorry your return home is being delayed and the WBC is rearing its head again. Those little fellas are definitely determined! Prayers are flowing out for you. I look forward to reading your updates and observations. Take good care of you. :loveshwr:
 
@Cynthia777 I am in awe of you and am so glad you are on the other side. I have been unable to log in for awhile but have followed your struggles and triumphs! Many prayers and hugs your way for the infection counts to come down. You have a lot of support and I know if we could we would all jump on a plane, bus, ship, car, scooter, and make our way to personally cheer you on. And bring you chocolate, pina coladas, flowers, eye candy, ice cream, pizza, great pain meds, and what ever else we could to make you all better. Before you know it you will be swimming in your pool in a polka dot bikini. Lol. Hugs Barb
 
Heading home tomorrow....will write more then. Can't wait to share my experience with all my pals! XOXOXO!!!
ps....I still haven't been able to read everyone's posts, but I can't wait to read them when I get home. Suffice it to say, I've had about 4 or 5 hours of sleep in two days, so the "brain fog" is more like brain cement at this point!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom