Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add one more "Welcome Back" to @Cynthia777 !
I think with all the good vibes that were sent your way you had no choice but to get better!
Be good to yourself and enjoy the little healing victories that will come over the next few weeks.
 
@Cynthia777, so good to have you back well enough to do some posting! Please don't apologize for the time when you weren't able - you needed to focus on your own health then! You have made such great strides in spite of your infection; hoping you can relax and enjoy your time at home, letting others do for you for a change! I'll be thrilled if my recovery is half as good as yours! Thanks for the tips on the favorite items you got for recovery - very helpful.
 
@Cynthia777 yippee and wow! Great answers to prayers! You are doing wonderful and your positive attitude rocks. Keep it up and you will be swimming in your polka dot bikini soon! Hugs
 
Shoot girl, you don't have to apologize for anything. It's good to know you're fully on the mend and are feeling so good. You take care of yourself. That's the most important thing. :)
WOW on being able to put on your socks! That is awesome. I have yet to accomplish that...one day. :wink: You are an inspiration!

Big hugs and good wishes for continued excellent healing. :flwrysmile:
 
I just loved your "stuffed" leg. That is exactly how it feels. The area around my incision is still swollen and stuffed! Glad you are home and doing well!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
:hi: Cindy!! How lovely to hear from you and with all your newsy updates and details. You know how much we who wait appreciate that, but more importantly how marvellous that you are doing SO well
:yes!::yay::wink::):wowspring:
We were all very concerned for you but it seems the medics circled the wagons and got that naughty infection :no-fin:sorted out in fine time, and now you are reunited with home and family which is where the REAL healing will start to take effect. :chillpill:
Do keep posting - but only when you feel inclined - you have a real following on BS not least because of your great sense of humour, but also frank detailing about all the things we most want to know. :skep: :skep: :skep: :skep:
Cannot quite take in that the pain becomes a bit of a dim memory so quickly! How does the other hip seem to be coping I wonder? I ask because, like you, I'll be following on with a second replacement.
Carry on the way you are - really really happy for you :cheers::friends::cheers::friends::egypdance::ok::eyebrows:
 
YAY!!! Happy Dancing! I am so happy for you! I truly think you must be THE BEST student of the entire Bonesmart website! When you go in for the next surgery, you'll be saying to the hospital staff.. "It's OK guys, I GOT THIS"!
To you & all of the other luckies who enjoy the crossed legged position, I must say I am SO envious! I have never been able to enjoy (or use really) this position - not even yoga helped.. ALWAYS had the tightest hips and.. Probably undiagnosed dysplasia.
I digress. Congratulations and may your road to recovery continue this positive path! xo


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Pony
I've had you on my mind and in my prayers today. As most have mentioned here, the pre-op wait IS (from my perspective) far more difficult than the actual surgery and recovery! In fact, I'm going to set-up a surgery date for my second THR when I see my surgeon on the 15th. I just pray my recovery continues to be as easy as it has been so far (minus the infection blip I encountered)! :-)

I'm praying you will breeze through this like a champ! Hugs!!!
 
@bab123
Other than the sock issue and my lung infection, our recovery has been almost identical! You actually described me to a tee in your post. I do notice a slight difference in my upper leg size, but not much to write home about. As far as bruising, I have just a small area on the side/back part of my thigh. It's about an inch wide and about three or four inches long. I did get an ever so slight amount of a burning sensation on my heel (op leg) last night, but it disappeared when I adjusted my bed.

I'll be interested in hearing what your PT says tomorrow. Come to think of it, I was sent home with a notebooks worth of paperwork, so I guess I better start reading what it has to say (just in case I do have home PT). Lol!

My DH has been just adorable! Every time I start to get up, he leaps off the couch and hovers over me like I'm made of fine china (I haven't had the heart to tell him to, "Back off buster, I'm fine!) :heehee:. God bless his precious heart!
 
@Jaycey

Thanks for the ice advice! I have been getting a bit lax with it and for your kind understanding.

I had the nursing staff in stitches (ummm, no pun intended) when I would get back in bed. I would tell them, "Okay now, back up and watch this". I would proceed putting my good foot under the heel of my THR leg and at lightening speed, I would flip both legs onto that hospital bed as fast as they could go! The nurses eyes would get real big and they'd usually say something like "Oh my, I've never seen that trick before!" :snork:
 
@Nana757

I must admit, I have plagiarized you over and over again by calling my recovery room my "lady lair"! I mentioned it time and again at the hospital and so many women said, "You know what? forget the "man cave" notion, I need a "lady lair" at home!" You're on to something here girlfriend!

Yes, I feel as blessed as they come with my recovery, but as they say, it ain't over til it's over! I just needed to follow in your footsteps, that's all. :loveshwr:
 
I have no doubt that you were not only putting them in stitches, pun intended, but showing them all what was in your bag of tricks!!!!
:heehee:
Oh... And you can plagiarize me anytime!
 
@Miss Muffet

Awww shucks! You are too kind! Thanks for becoming such an active member, whom cheers us all on and has such a sweet spirit!

You know, it's funny you asked about the other hip because I had the same concern about how my recovery would be with two bad hips. Amazingly, I can't see how recovery could be any easier than it has been thus far. I'm thinking it's because the pain meds are keeping the pain of my other hip at bay. So far, not problems. :-)
 
@TerryCloth
Thank you for all your encouragement you continue to provide all of us! You're quite the gal!

I think I've always sat Indian style because I'm a wee bit pigeon-toed. I could never sit with my lower legs on the outside of my thighs. It's too bad you've had to deal with those "tight hips", as it must have been very uncomfortable in certain circumstances. I'm praying you will have much more flexibility once you've fully healed!:dancy:
 
@Cynthia777, I can see you entertaining the nurses with your awesome sense of humor. What a great trick for getting back in bed! You're going to have to write a guide on healing tips. :)
The heel burning is a bother at first. I tried to keep the foot of my op leg propped on a pillow with the heel hanging off the end of it, suspended over my mattress and that really seemed to help.

Keep up the great work, hippie friend. :)
 
I would proceed putting my good foot under the heel of my THR leg and at lightening speed, I would flip both legs onto that hospital bed as fast as they could go! :snork:

Ha ha. Pre-surgery, I'd get in bed like that all the time. Then the PT and OS said I can't cross my ankles, so all my fun tricks have been put on hold. :old: It's good to hear you out of the hospital and well into recovery. Your description of the pain is how I felt, mostly a numb feeling. I still see swelling on the side of my thigh. I'm pretty sure if I get a tape measure, one thigh will be bigger than the other. I could definitely feel the swollen area when I wore normal street clothes at the end of two weeks.
It's good to hear your feeling good, and back on the recovery wagon.
 
@abusby....thanks so much! I can tell you it sure feels good to be home (Bonesmart) :-)

@larks hips.... You are going to do just fine! With your positive attitude, you should breeze right through your recovery. I was able to find humor in almost all situations I was in at the hospital (and a couple were not easy to joke about...lol), so when my family would visit, I just pumped those stories up and had all of us laughing! Laughing made everything much better and easier to take...here I go rambling again! :heehee: I'll be watching our every post! :-)


@sunbunny....UMMMMM :swim:??????????? Need I say more? :giggle:
You got that right....prayers, prayers and more prayers....Ahhh, the best medicine there is! :loveshwr:
 
@DeepBreath
You know what? I kept focusing on certain things you had posted on your recovery thread and by golly, they were so very helpful! Then I would start thinking about how many laughs we've all shared here on BS and I would just start laughing out loud (oftentimes to the nurses raised brows)! You're such a treasure my dear! Hugs!!!
 
@CatLady1

Well then, we shall call that maneuver the Catlift7! Has a nice ring to it! :heehee:
Oh honey, PLEASE don't tell me your hip got larger...I'm Italian, need I say more? :yikes: You won't see this gal in a pair of jeans for years to come if that's the case!

Thanks for the well wishes my friend!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom