Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between your doctors, nurses and the Lord, you couldn't be in better hands, sweetie. One more night in the hospital is just that...one more night...to get things ironed out and to make sure all is well with you. Praying that nothing serious is looming and you will soon be on your way home.
Oh, and I would have expected nothing less than you being told you were the model hip replacement! Now, get that much needed sleep tonight and try not to worry. We are all here for you! Hugs and prayers for a restful night and good results from the CT scan.
:flwrysmile::prayer:
 
Cindy!!! you did it!! I looked last night and figured you weren't going to post and I missed all of the action.
So sorry to hear about the possible infection.. praying that it's something minor or maybe your body's over zealous way of dealing with the surgery. I would have loved to stayed at the hospital a second night,, they were so caring and helpful and the food was pretty good, too!

Now that I know you are posting I am greedy for more!! lol but will try to be patient. Congratulations Sweetie, you did it! You are on your way!! :loveshwr:
 
Well hello "model hip replacement patient"!! and what a mix of news. All wonderfully well catalogued, right down to the beautiful BM. That's exactly the sort of detail we need :ok: However, sorry about the blip but don't get anxious. If something needs sorting they'll deal with it and, as the others on here say, better to get discharged when all is tickety-boo. Endlessly pleased for you. Pain under control and trotting around like a goodun! :chuckmarch:xx
 
So happy to see you on the recovery side my dear!:wave: Better to stay another night to be sure all is OK. Hoping that you're heading home today. You will do great! Keep posting when you can, we're all here for you and want to return the encouragement you have given! :thumb:
 
@Cynthia777 - Good for you - astounding the hospital staff with your excellent movement right after surgery! Wow!

I hope the wbc issue gets cleared up soon. I'm sorry you couldn't go home right away to your lair. But you will get there soon. It is great that the hospital is keeping a good cautious eye on you. Believe me it was not fun for me going home being so nauseous and clearly not ready to be discharged. It was awful calling docs and nurses from home asking what I should do and just having them basically shrug over the phone and tell me to go to the ER if it gets worse. There you will be cared for properly my friend!

Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts.
 
Anciously awaiting news, hope your feeling much better ..
 
Okay, I just heard from Cindy and she wanted me to pass on an update for her. The good news is her THR was a snap and is doing fabulous! The not so good news is she is still in the hospital being well cared for and monitored. They think she may have developed pneumonia due to aspirating during surgery. And, her WBC hit 22000 but is down to 18300, as of yesterday. And the poor dear has only had 4 1/2 hours sleep in 3 days and is very weak. She also wants to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and concerns.
She promises to give a blow-by-blow account of her experience once she gets home.

On a personal note....WHEWWWW!!!! I, for one, am just so relieved to hear from her and pray she is home soon and well on her way to gaining her strength back. God bless you Cindy!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom