Recent content by NYLiz

  1. NYLiz

    THR 2nd Hip Recovery

    Hi Julie! I'm no medical professional, but it sounds like sciatica to me. Conservative route would be to see the chiro, like Cappy said, maybe it's time now to consider it. If that doesn't work, you can always opt for the injection. BTW - I was a bit leery when I saw my Chiro after the...
  2. NYLiz

    Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 3

    Hi Janet, Just wanted to let you know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm praying that March 14th is the beginning of your new and successful road to recovery :prayer1: Liz
  3. NYLiz

    THR DallasSarah post op update!

    Hi Sarah, Glad to hear you have joined the ranks of us going to and enduring outpatient PT. Gotta love when they make you balance on one leg, but it really does help. I can remember my first out patient PT session and couldn't even stand for 2 seconds on my operated leg, now I'm up to 10 reps...
  4. NYLiz

    THR NYLiz hip #2 done

    Hi Julie - as for the leg muscles and soreness, that's the one thing I think my surgeon underplayed when he explained the recovery process. If it weren't for my PT telling me after my first surgery that it could take 6 months to a year for the muscles to recover, I'd be really worried right now...
  5. NYLiz

    THR NYLiz hip #2 done

    Hi Sara, Sorry for the delay in responding. It's been crazy since I returned back to the office. The first week back I ended up going on a 2.5 day business trip, traveling by car (my boss drove). I do not recommend doing this 6 weeks post op. I anticipated being in some pain, so I was...
  6. NYLiz

    Justine's all done

    Hi Justine! First let me say I'm really glad you posted and updated us. As for feeling a bit emotional and asking "Why Me?", I honestly think it's normal to have these feelings from time to time and it's not selfish. I, and I'm sure many others here, understand. Yes, things could have been...
  7. NYLiz

    THR NYLiz hip #2 done

    Hi Everyone - thank you all for your thoughts and concerns. :grouphug2: Saw my surgeon today for my 6 week (really more like 5 wks and 2 days, but who's counting) follow up, in addition to my 6 month follow up for my left hip. He said the pain in my leg when sitting is from the muscles and is...
  8. NYLiz

    THR NYLiz hip #2 done

    Hi Janet - thanks for checking up on me. Had a rough week last week with lots of pain in my leg when sitting. The only way to relieve the pain was to stand up and walk around. My primary doctor is convinced it is actually coming from my back and wants me to see a neurologist, my PT thinks...
  9. NYLiz

    THR Second replacement completed and home now

    Dave - It's so good to hear how well you are doing and it is so encouraging to know of the successes of those who have had both hips done. I just passed the 4 week mark with hip 2 and even though I'm still dealing with pain, I know in the end it will be so well worth it! Liz
  10. NYLiz

    THR Cstreet on the other side

    Peter - it is so wonderful to hear when someone finally can do something they either were never able to do or haven't for a long tome especially when it's with their kids. You keep up the great work! Liz
  11. NYLiz

    THR DallasSarah post op update!

    Hi Sarah! Sounds like your are doing really well. I hear you about the cane. With my left hip I so desperately wanted to go without and when I went for my 6 week checkup I walked in without the cane. My surgeon was happy to see that, but did tell me I should probably use it for longer...
  12. NYLiz

    Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 2

    Re: This is my story Great news Janet! I'm so happy for you and praying they call you back with a date this is very near in the future. Liz
  13. NYLiz

    THR NYLiz hip #2 done

    Sarah - checked out your thread and think I'll get one of those cushions. Today was better after getting up and walking every 20 - 30 mins and whenever I was on a conference call I'd put on the headset and just walk around the room with the cane or stand up and do some leg lifts and stretches -...
  14. NYLiz

    THR 2nd Hip Recovery

    Hi Julie, If it's a pain management type of doc, he should be able to give you an injection. Hopefully he can do something that helps the pain - it won't help the knee pain, but at least it'll be less pain overall that you'll be dealing with. Have you scheduled an appt with this other doc...
  15. NYLiz

    THR NYLiz hip #2 done

    Hi Sarah - wish I would have checked bonesmart before I started working today and learned from your experience. Today was my first day working from home and I did the same thing you did - sitting too long. It wasn't intentional, just really got into working on something and when I went to get...
Back
Top Bottom