THR Cstreet on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Peter! You just made my day! What a wonderful gift to do something that you couldn't do before your surgery! Keep up the good work! I am SOOOOO happy for you, and you should be too! :thumb:
 
Peter - it is so wonderful to hear when someone finally can do something they either were never able to do or haven't for a long tome especially when it's with their kids. You keep up the great work!

Liz
 
Hi All,

Just checking in. Last week I Had a crazy business trip. I had to walk miles and miles at multiple massive airports. And.....no hip pain. It's really cool to be on the other side of this now. I still have a slight limp and my muscles and not all the way loose but doing really well. So glad I got this done and did not wait another year to do it!

My ROM is really good now. I don't feel like I have to protect my hip anymore. I might go back and do a bit more PT to try and fix my gait but that's about it.

And I can't even remember the last time I took an Advil or other pain meds.
 
Hi Peter,

Thanks for this positive, encouraging post and good for you to do all that walking. My 2nd new hip was Nov. 15 and I still have a limp, great to hear yours is slight and you now don't need any pain meds...keep up the good work!
 
What a great update Cstreet! You are a poster boy for THR. It's all about getting your life back.

Do keep in touch!
 
Hi Peter,

Excellent update, sounds like you are doing great! :yes 4:

I thought of you the other day when I passed the skateboard park and saw all the kids scootering around -- I bet that would help open up your gait, if you stand on the "normal" leg and push with the op-leg. If it's limp related then some PT, maybe with the goal of transitioning into the gym, would help with muscle strengthening.

Good luck & thanks for checking in,
Cardie
 
CStreet.....I remember when you were first in recovery. You have come so far!!! It's wonderful to read this latest update. Time to go forth and enjoy all that life has to give.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom