THR 2nd Hip Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Julie

So sorry about your knees, it is hard trying to work another big surgical experience around a busy family life I am sure.

I am pleased there is a little relief from your back, thigh and butt pain, hopefully that will improve.

Hang in there :)
 
Thanks Sandy, yes it's hard to know just when to schedule something and when to say enough is enough and get it done before it gets too bad. Bone scan is tomorrow so soon I'll know how all the bones look. Very interested in knowing about that.
 
Morning Julie,

Exciting news about your son graduating with his masters degree in May you must be super proud...congratulations!

Hope your tests next week find some answers for you, sorry for your pain it's a horrible way to have to live!

Sending you lots of good thoughts and love!

xxooxx
 
Thanks so much Sarah and we finally get your picture, yeah !! You look very well.

Yes, hopefully more answers in store and will just deal with things as them come my way.

My son has a job waiting for him when he's done with a local CPA firm and will be doing his CPA test as well. He's done very well and yes I'm very proud. :thumb:
 
Julie

Good luck with the bone scan on Monday.

Surely it will help in finding answers.

It must be a tough call as to when to schedule the knee replacements but I am sure that will help matters when they are done and dusted.

Still wishing for a pain free future for you and a resolution to the issues.

Take Care

Dave
 
You look great in your updated pic! Hope everything goes well with your scan.

Donna
 
Well thank you so much Donna. That was on New Year's Day out at the beach for an annual event that a local place has going on. Beautiful day as you can see.
 
Thanks Dave, yes a pain free or something pain free time soon. I hope the bone scan will give me more insight to things. I do so much appreciate the support.
 
How's it going, Julie? Have you scheduled your knees? Hope your back is doing better.
 
Ok Julie, don't you dare stop posting when I am following your progress! LOL.
A couple of considerations btw, have you considered someting akin to fibromyalgia or something related to fascia problems?
Now, I hesitate4 to post this because I am not that crazy about them, but have you considered seeing a chiropractor?
 
Hi all !! Thanks Donna for always checking and Bob for following the progress.

Bob, I have used chiro's quite a bit in my past and I probably need to get back into him. I just was leary for a bit after the hips were done. I still am having the uncomfortable issues with the butt bone and running down the back of the thigh. It does feel sciatic related as the one doc said and he did say he'd do an injection if I don't feel relief, so I think I'll be calling.

Donna, as far as the knees, I haven't arranged that yet. The are starting to hurt a bit more and each time we have a "cold", hate to say that being in Florida, but yes sometimes we do get a cold spell, they sure do hurt and then take longer and longer to get relief from them. I need to really wait it out as long as I can this year and hopefully make it to fall before I get them done.

One day at a time !!!
 
Hi Julie,

I would avoid a chiro for the first couple of months after surgery but maybe it's time now.

Good to see you back on line - hope you're well apart from the bionics.
 
Julie,

I don't know if you have heard of piriformis syndrome. It manifests like sciatica but has different causes and cures. My daughter had it...

It would not shock me if some of the stresses of hip surgery would have the potential to get that involved....have a read about that.

Z
 
I had major piriformis issues post op! Since I already had sciatic pain I could tell the difference. Can you get more PT to deal with this Julie? Injections for sciatic pain can work but if it's piriformis that's a whole other issue.

Do any of the exercises on this thread help?
 
Yep Cappy I think it's time for the chiro once again, I just was leary after both hips being done.

Z - Oh I have read everything there is to read. Alexthecat had given me some very good stretches for piriformis as well. I feel like it could be that, however the Physical Med doc said it is not. He did an EMG study and said it shows signs of slight sciatic issue. He also did say that with hip replacements there is always chances of sciatic being interferred with and then add on the dislocation right after the replacement. It's just so hard to explain. When I sit down, it's the bone area of the butt about mid way between the leg that is ALWAYS irriated.
 
Hi Julie!

I'm no medical professional, but it sounds like sciatica to me. Conservative route would be to see the chiro, like Cappy said, maybe it's time now to consider it. If that doesn't work, you can always opt for the injection.

BTW - I was a bit leery when I saw my Chiro after the first hip replacement, but he put me at ease and was very conscientious about the replaced hip and the one to be replaced at the time.

Liz
 
Hi Julie,

Sorry about your nerve-muscle pain I'm sure its super aggravating especially after all the work you've had done on your hips. I never thought of a chiropractor for ones hip and yes it would make me a little nervous if soon after surgery. Do they just adjust your spine when you go to them for your hip area? I have no clue duh!!
Hope it helps though.

Sending you lots of love.

xxooxx
 
Thanks Liz and Sarah, I've done Chiro for years in the past because I've have some scoliosis of spine and he really helps with getting me and keeping me in alignment. It was weird, right before I discovered I had these hip issues I had been in for a few visits and he kept asking what I had done to myself since my hips were really out of wack. He did hip adjustments for a bit and everytime I went back in he said they are just not right. Well who would have thunk !! :DOH: After I found out about them I stopped back in and sat and talked with him about it all and I did ask about adjustments afterwards and he told me of course it's not an issue and he takes that all into consideration.

Time to make the plunge as my spine sure could use it as well. There are the believers and non believers of Chiro's and I'm a believer. It takes quite a few visits to get back to where I should be, but then if I maintain by going at least once a month for an adjustment I feel so much better.
 
I'm no medical professional, but it sounds like sciatica to me.
Well, you would be quite correct, Liz. Because the sciatic nerve passes right under the piriformis so any spasm and inflammation is passed right on to the nerve. Therefore the two are one!

[Bonesmart.org] 2nd Hip Recovery
 
@Josephine:

Where the line is directed to showing inflammed sciatic, that is RIGHT on the spot where I have the pain and when I sit I feel like I am always trying to roll it out on the bone if that makes sense. It's been many months now....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom