THR 2nd Hip Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Julie! I hope you feel better soon! I too had a very hard go round this time...The last hip was stable and solid throughout. Recovery was steady. This time, I had things go wrong for awhile...I really understand that feeling of frustration and setback from my recent operation (4, total). Hip done, 2 Closed reductions due to dislocation at home, Revision with locking ring. 7 weeks Post-Op now. There is hope in sight. Not sure what range of motion will be, but I am hopeful.
Peace & Rest to you!
Laura
 
Julie

The links you posted in relation to your trip look fantastic

I hope you have a great time. I know the pain is not suddenly going to dissappear but I have no doubt being away and knowing that nothing (doctor wise) can happen until the New Year will be a real break for you.

Take the pain med you need to feel comfortable and come bak refreshed and ready for the journey ahead in the New Year.

Happy Christmas

Dave
 
Merry Christmas to all !! Had my folks over and my two sons and my brother and his wife as well for the afternoon. My boyfriend cooked most of everything and we just enjoyed an afternoon together. I sure wish I didn't hurt so bad, but it is what it is.

Janet, I hope you enjoy the time with the family. I know you have a busy day today. I did not get the report so when I get back late next week I will call for it.

Oh........Tabitha got her "good kitty" stocking tonight already and she's been high as a kite on cat nip. LOL.

:mrych:
 
As have my cats! I call it 'kitty-pot'!

[Bonesmart.org] 2nd Hip Recovery

​
 
I hope you are feeling better soon. It will all be worth it in the end. But, you have been through so much. My heart goes out to you.

Dorothy
 
Merry Christmas, Julie! I hope you are enjoying yourself!
 
Thank you, Thank you everyone !! Happy New Year to you. I've been back home since yesterday but it's busy getting laundry done and back to the real life. I go back to Neuro doc on Tuesday for MRI results.

I've had a wonderful vacation and actually the back is finally about half way feeling better after about a month. It still doesn't feel fine, but better. The knees from the trip with walking are now going down hill "fast".

I will get back on track with talking to everyone soon, but right now it's been hard. Even what I thought were good friends have now left me because I said I just needed to be left alone. What kind of friends are those??????????

HAPPY NEW YEAR.
 
Glad your trip went well! Here's wishing you a Happy, Healthy New Year! Praying for good news on Tuesday. 2012 will be your year :thumb:

Hang in there! :friends:
 
Welcome back Julie, you have a planet full of friends here on BS happy to see you back with us :)

Happy New Year

lol xx
 
Aw Julie, I was sad to read about your friends reaction. Sometimes our best friends just don't understand how hard it is to deal with constant pain. But Sandy is right! You have a whole host of friends here and we do understand!

Here's hoping 2012 is your year to get things resolved!
 
Julie

i have to agree with Jacey and the others.

We are all here supporting you because we know what you are going through.

Friends generally dont know what its like - I wouldn't have done 2 years ago - and perhaps even the best of them can start to suffer from some compassion fatigue.

Wishing you a speedy resolution to the knees and a much better 2012.

Supporting you all the way.

Dave
 
Hi Julie,

Happy New Year!

Glad you had a wonderful vacation - you deserved it!

How did you make out with the Nero doc today?

Liz
 
Hi Liz,

Neuro said back was fine and said he feels it's all muscle/skelatal related and referred me to a Physical Medicine doc. This doc is in same building as the PT guy I went to and I believe he's a pain mgmt type of doc. I'll give it a try and see what he says. I just know the rear end muscle is still giving me fits and through the back of the upper thigh. It's where the top of the thigh way up high attaches to the rear that is giving me pain. I'm hoping that maybe they will consider injection of some type to help give some relief.

As for the knees, I'm still on a holding pattern right now and waiting to see. As for now, it is what it is and just plugging away.
 
Hi Julie,

If it's a pain management type of doc, he should be able to give you an injection. Hopefully he can do something that helps the pain - it won't help the knee pain, but at least it'll be less pain overall that you'll be dealing with. Have you scheduled an appt with this other doc yet?

Liz
 
Oh sweetie, we will always be here for you! That is the beauty of this forum. The kindness, warmth and compassion that I have been shown here transends anything else that I know of.

Family and friends do get burnt out by us, perhaps tired of listening to us, but more so feeling helpless. When there seems to be no end to it, they just don't know what to say or do.

We understand as we have been there and done that! So, even if we don't have answers, we do know what you are going through.

Try the pain managemnt doc! You have nothing to loose. I can't understand why there isn't something like that for legs! When I went to 2 local places, they both dealth with back pain, but both sent me to Ortopedic doctors!

I would have gladly tried some sort of a "block" for my thigh pain, but there isn't any such thing, evidently. I think you are on the right track Julie, and I will pary for a good outcome for you. Hang in there...
 
Just wondering how you are doing. I hope that your back pain has been alleviated. How are the knees? Thinking of you :friends:

Donna
 
Thanks Donna, I just have been so busy at work that I haven't been on here as much and really not too much news to report.

I still have that on and off again issue with the back/thigh/butt and am scheduled for an EMG on Wednesday and I also am having a Nuclear total body bone scan on Monday. The Physical Medicine doctor that has ordered both things figure we need to see where else the AVN may be.

The knees........both hurt everyday, all day. Just trying to figure out my schedule for "life" to see when I can get this figured in. My son graduates with his Master's Degree in Accounting May 4th and I will be going to Gainesville for that and so now it's just the waiting game to figure out what is best to get things done along with some other things that I have planned this year. UGH.......

Thanks SO much for asking and wondering. Life just throws us some curve balls once in awhile.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom