Recent content by marguerite

  1. marguerite

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    I scrolled back to see your photo - you look gorgeous. So glad you are feeling so much better. Even though I am having some post-surgery twinges I am SO happy I did this. ... Plus a friend who hadn’t seen me since before my surgery told me I looked more rested and healthy than I did after my...
  2. marguerite

    BeBe says "Ruh Roh" !!! Not Again

    When do you hear back about the pre-op testing? I hope they come through for you this time.
  3. marguerite

    THR Marguerite's introduction & recovery

    Thanks @BeBe! I have had it since the operation (I think, the pain meds were really effective while I was taking them so I didn’t notice for the first week.) I am lucky because I can work from home but I’ve gone to the office a couple of times by taxi just to show my face. I probably need to...
  4. marguerite

    THR 3 full days down since Anterior THR on 3/1/18

    Jennifer, can you get an elevated toilet? It will go over your regular toilet and make your life so much easier. I’m impressed that you tried the stairs; I stayed in our basement guest room and didn’t leave that floor until at least a week out. (And then it was very gingerly.)
  5. marguerite

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    Hipster333, I hope the doctors can diagnose this and that you feel better soon. Good luck :)
  6. marguerite

    THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

    Hi Carol, I hope the blood tests go well tomorrow! I am sorry to hear about the RA, as well as the frozen pipes. Our heat went out in early January during a very cold snap here in DC. At least I could sleep well under piles of blankets in our very cold room.
  7. marguerite

    THR Marguerite's introduction & recovery

    Hi everyone, I disappeared for awhile. Got overwhelmed with work and couldn’t face more screen time after hours. I think I am healing OK from my LTHP 3 weeks later - off pain meds for two weeks, walking mostly without a crutch although my left glute and hamstring get very tired if I walk a long...
  8. marguerite

    THR MammaT’s Matched Set

    I stood up to work pretty much all day yesterday and today I am paying for it with soreness and general exhaustion. I am going to take it much easier today, and ice and elevate my leg more. @Mojo333, congratulations in advance on your son's engagement!
  9. marguerite

    THR MammaT’s Matched Set

    Good morning, @MammaT. Zombu is striking. How did you come up with her name? Do you have a picture of Lucy posted somewhere? "I feel like someone sawed my femur, removed hip ball, shoved a rod in my femur and sewed me up.” Ha! I never asked exactly what this operation involves. Good answer!
  10. marguerite

    THR Marguerite's introduction & recovery

    Ugh, I keep forgetting and I twist my body to grab things, on my bed, on a shelf, on my bedside table, whatever. Or I don't quite have the concept of the 90-degree restriction down. The muscle? Tendon? In the front of my leg / in the bend near my groin feels impinged after all this...
  11. marguerite

    Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

    Hi @Mireille! If you want to try some meditation exercises to help you relax, headspace.com has guided meditations delivered with a lovely male British accent. I am generally anxious too and concentrating on my breathing for a while does help me. Also, DH wrapped my sore knee with an Ace bandage...
  12. marguerite

    THR Made it... my random thoughts

    Glad you are home and feeling better! I get my first lesson on stairs next week. It's good to hear you navigated yours well.
  13. marguerite

    THR Recovery

    Hi @WAHOOWA! It sounds like your recovery is going well! My beloved cat is staying at a friend's house for the duration. She wants to take care of me and did that by sitting on my arthritic hip.
  14. marguerite

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    How was your recovery day today? They offered me my choice of anesthetic - general or spinal block. Luckily I had read enough to know I didn't want to hear the operation. And with reading about all the knee twisting techniques I REALLY am glad I was out.
  15. marguerite

    THR Marguerite's introduction & recovery

    Thank you all! This was such a nice welcome. Saw my PT today but she basically told me to take it easy with three bed exercises and walking several times a day. I have read the tips about resting so I was glad to see her approach is prett much the same.
Back
Top Bottom