THR hipster333 is in recovery<

Hipster333, I hope the doctors can diagnose this and that you feel better soon. Good luck :)
 
Hi @hipster333
Thinking of you today as you continue your appts.
Praying all is well. Please keep us posted.
Sending a hug :console2:
 
@NanaMama you're hilarious!--you were also right on the money. I think we need a poop emoji on here. :rotfl: Darn meds causing a serious back-up in my plumbing.
@Mireille we're spending way too much time with doctors lately!
:thankyou:To everyone who sent me a msg, thank you. Thoughts and prayers worked and everything is clear in the lungs (hopefully the bowels will follow:heehee:) Now on to getting back to the business of recovery.
 
Yay! :yay: :happydance:
Pesky little detour that was.
I'm glad you got the all clear and can get back to concentrating on recovery.
I'll bet you're relieved. Hope your night is peaceful! :flwrysmile:
@hipster333
 
@hipster333 Yay!!! So happy nothing serious! Lack of bowel movements is horrible. I went without for 15 days with my TKR and thought I was going to die :rofsign:Learned my lesson, this time it was only 6 days but I was trying to stay on top of it. (Toilet emoji needed :loll:)

Anyway, celebrate with a toast of prune juice, rest and ice! :cheers::sleeep::ice:
 
Glad you got an answer! Reminded me of youngest son in second or third grade. Evidently he could not go at the times school gave bathroom breaks. Had terrible stomach pain. After X-rays, doc called and said “he is full of poop.” He wrote a medical statement that he needed released to go to bathroom when needed.

Yes, digestion, one of those things we can take for granted!
 
Hope you're feeling better triple t
Can't have you being on the fritz.
Sending healing mojo your way.:roseshwr:
 
@Mireille 15 days? Ack! Not fun! I was going once a day and still had problems. Hopefully we're done with that now!
@Mojo333 thanks for the healing mojo! :roseshwr:
@MammaT you're poor son! I was worry about my daughter going to camp for a week this year since last year she held it the whole week because she didn't want to be embarrassed. Ugg--like no one else does it! :headbang: The stipulation for going to camp this year is if you have to go you go.

On a note not relating to bodily functions :heehee: we let our daughter go with a friend to watch her horseback riding lessons. Big mistake! I now need to win the lottery! :loll:
Hope everyone is having a good night!
 
Hipster glad to hear everthing came out OK :rotfl:!
And the horse thing your in big trouble... Little girls and horses OMG....Horses are reasonably priced and there adoptions too! It's the veterinarian bills,the monthly farrier, hay and a barn, the trailor and small truck to haul one horse. Then the horse gets lonely and you need another horse to keep him company. Then a bigger barn for two horses and more storage for hay and food. Then a trailor and a new truck to haul two horses. Then more acreage to feed three horses now mom wants a horse, now need a larger barn, larger trailor and a bigger truck.....oh now a tractor to haul all that poop!
Just speaking from experience....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] hipster333 is in recovery<
    image.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 169
Bartender! Set up a round of prune bombs for my Hippie Pals, please!

So glad you are feeling better @hipster333 - like I said, I thought I was truly dying. FIFTEEN DAYS @Mireille?? Holly buckets - what is the Guinness Book of World Record??
 
I have so many ''work arounds'! @hipster333 I wasn't keeping track of my water intake. I took a gallon jug and filled it with water and put it in the fridge. I start my morning with a full gallon. :beer:Then I can top off my glass without trying to count my ounces. A half gallon isn't hard and seems to make a difference. I like cold water and knowing that water that sits out gets Icky, well, cold water it is. (Cause I won't buy a ton of little water bottles that I have to take to recycling.) :ice:
 
It started with a d an I think it was a q after :shrug:, but it was an indicator in the blood for a blood clot--the dr said the problem is that it can also show up as a positive after you've had major surgery--so it's inconclusive.
Was it D-Dimer?
 
You'll be rockin them soon because that swelling will go down.
Ice as often as you can. I had an ice pack affixed to my incision every time I was sitting.
I'd fall asleep with one also, then switch it out for a fresh one during my middle of the night
bathroom run. Funny you mention "pressure" in regard to the Giraffe. I wondered about that. Before we started talking about the Giraffe here, some members were taping disposable razors to 12 inch rulers.
I guess whatever works!
@hipster333

Are you talking about leg shaving?
 
You'll be rockin them soon because that swelling will go down.
Ice as often as you can. I had an ice pack affixed to my incision every time I was sitting.
I'd fall asleep with one also, then switch it out for a fresh one during my middle of the night
bathroom run. Funny you mention "pressure" in regard to the Giraffe. I wondered about that. Before we started talking about the Giraffe here, some members were taping disposable razors to 12 inch rulers.
I guess whatever works!
@hipster333
Rockin’ It from the recliner today. Also decided to keep meds at same level. A bit more bruising and swelling and the knee just a touch.nafter lunch decided to see if I could get teds back on by myself (I was secretly hoping it waouldnt work). Well, it took about 20 minutes, but between sock device and grabber, I did it. Even though I hate the things, I was proud of myself. Of course, I am now exhausted.

Great that teenager is making soup. If weather is anything like it is in my part of ohio, good day for it. My youngest son has always been quite the cook. He left me a couple of entrees in fridge before returning home.

Enjoy the weekend @hipster333. Recovery can be painful but definitely better than before.

I bought TEDS with zippers and never used them. I used that sock putter on and got good at because my husband was so bad at putting them on me.
 
You'll be rockin them soon because that swelling will go down.
Ice as often as you can. I had an ice pack affixed to my incision every time I was sitting.
I'd fall asleep with one also, then switch it out for a fresh one during my middle of the night
bathroom run. Funny you mention "pressure" in regard to the Giraffe. I wondered about that. Before we started talking about the Giraffe here, some members were taping disposable razors to 12 inch rulers.
I guess whatever works!
@hipster333
Rockin’ It from the recliner today. Also decided to keep meds at same level. A bit more bruising and swelling and the knee just a touch.nafter lunch decided to see if I could get teds back on by myself (I was secretly hoping it waouldnt work). Well, it took about 20 minutes, but between sock device and grabber, I did it. Even though I hate the things, I was proud of myself. Of course, I am now exhausted.

Great that teenager is making soup. If weather is anything like it is in my part of ohio, good day for it. My youngest son has always been quite the cook. He left me a couple of entrees in fridge before returning home.

Enjoy the weekend @hipster333. Recovery can be painful but definitely better than before.
Hi :hi:
I need to purchase that Giraffe extender. I started using an electric razor on my legs when it became to
difficult to lift my leg high enough in the shower. No comparison to the close shave you get with good old dangerous razor blade. Even post surgery, leg is not reaching heights it did before OA really kicked in. I'm not getting any younger though either. Thinking a plastic step stool in the shower may do the trick.....

Aww, teenage son making homemade vegetable soup for dinner warms my heart!!!
A great testament to your parenting skills. Hope it's delish....

I had no idea you waited so long for surgery. That must have been miserable. I do agree though with your opinion on not getting the lead time promised. Just more time to worry about everything. I waited two months and it gave my over active imagination a lot of time to scare myself :scare:

Hugs and best wishes for a great Saturday :flwrysmile:

I bought a shaving device that men use to shave their backs. You Velcro the razor to the end. I love it. My legs looked like a jungle
 
Hmm, never heard of the one you mentioned above @Belladonna

We were discussing shaving legs and the Giraffe long handled razor.

Interesting....TEDS with zippers?
I can't imagine getting those hateful TEDS on with the sock aid, amazing!
 
@Belladonna I've never heard of the one you're describing either. I use the Giraffe one that Layla mentioned to shave. Works great too!
@AgilityDog great tips on water!!! :cheers:

@Hippielife no, no, no, and no! :rotfl: I was thinking maybe a couple of lessons--the horses can stay where they belong and I don't need to take care of them!:heehee:
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom