THR MammaT’s Matched Set

You are right about that @jaydub63. I want to make sure not to overdo, but going for medical stuff is a bit different than shopping. Also, once people see you out, they think you must be better but they don’t realize the effort it takes.

@zinnia, I just don’t know who could be more inspiring than you! And that is how life works isn’t it? People help each other through the highs and the lows.

@Mireille-you are doing a pretty good job with this recovery stuff. We have a great summer coming!
 
Oops, MammaT. That's what I was trying to say about the form. So sorry, worth the trip though.
Hope you are resting.:ice:
 
I couldn't stand ice before hip surgery. It was definitely my bestest friend after.
Have a great evening.
 
@MammaT Sorry I am late to the party to wish you well in your new life as a double hippy! So, you found yourself at the front door without a walker. Eek. Hope your second recovery goes well:fingersx:
 
Thanks @dougie0216. While it is never a club I planned on joining, it is wonderful it can give us our lives back. When I find myself doing things like suddenly at the door without a walker, it does show me how some of our recovery is mental and not just physical. However, I think I want my next solo to be a conscious act!
 
Sorry that log leg is still hanging on @AgilityDog. I certainly don’t understand the whole thing. I was fully expecting it with this hip and really had none. I just know it went away with the first.

I had thought that since pain was minimal this surgery it would be gone quickly. Still hanging out at a 2 out so and am taking pain meds longer than I like. I think that’s just the way this recovery is. Trusting the experience of those who have been through this that it is normal.

I do think swelling is going down some. I took teds off to wash them yesterday and it took the whole day for them to dry :heehee:. I did put them back on before bed last night. The compression actually felt good after the break.

Big plans for the day, rest, ice, stretches, needlepoint. I have pt this afternoon. Had been thinking of trying church for Ash Wednesday service tonight but that is really too much at this point. I have really had to think through all the effort involved in something like that. From getting dressed in something presentable, the effort of in and out of car, the walking, the non elevated sitting—just not in the cards. Will do better in long run to follow bonesmart advice on activity level at this point. Plus once you go out, everyone thinks you are better. While I may be better than I was, I am far from healed.

Hope everyone has a good Valentine’s Day.
 
That does sound like a bit much early on, MammaT. Hope you got your medicine refilled okay.
I hope you are comfortable, as it is possible, at this point.
My son is proposing to his Girlfriend tonight ...we are all so excited for him. He is like a kid anticipating Christmas..
Hope you eat chocolate...it makes everything better..:yes:
 
I have some chocolate I have kept stashed away ( I try not too eat too much of it so it is a special treat). Planning on having some after pt today.

I talked to office yesterday about refill. Haven’t heard back yet, but should heat today when it is ready to pick up. Have ride lined up so that will be my big trip.

Getting engaged on Valentine’s Day- how cool. Bet you will be doing your double hippy dance :dancy:

Just noticed when getting coffee (and after morning meds) that thigh muscles seem a bit less tight. Body is naturally wanting to stretch if that makes sense. Progress is happening if I don’t get in the way.:yes!:
 
Happy you are doing so well.
Excellent example for many who can't seem to grasp that especially these first days there is nothing to be "done" but gently move about and let things calm down.
Yes, I am happy for my son. They have been dating for 3 years and she is very sweet and they compliment each other well.
I'm happy that he is happy.
Hope she says yes?!
 
Good point about her response. You’ll have to let us know if you are having a new family member.

In terms of what can be done, trusting experience on here. Lots of examples of paying for overdoing at a later date. Keep telling myself full recovery can take a year or more so I am really very early days.
 
@Mojo334 such and exciting day for your son! Let us know how it all turns out! It’s great that you like her too.
@MammaT there’s always something we can’t anticipate isn’t there. Mind you, you seem to have things well in hand and an outing does sound exciting, even if it is just to pick up meds. I need the weather to get better here so I can just go outside to get a change of scenery. Right now there is too much snow and ice to make it safe. Need spring to come soon!!!!! Enjoy your day. :)
 
I stood up to work pretty much all day yesterday and today I am paying for it with soreness and general exhaustion. I am going to take it much easier today, and ice and elevate my leg more.

@Mojo333, congratulations in advance on your son's engagement!
 
Today would be a good day to get out, temp in 50s today and back in 30s on Friday. Spring is trying to come. Heard birds singing when I let cats out this morning. You enjoy your day @hipster333.

Standing most of yesterday @marguerite! That is a bit ambitious. I dtood for about 20 minutes talking to visitors and was wiped out. It is tempting to get things done as we feel better. I am trying very hard to have a list of small tasks for each day and break them up so I do something when I am up to restroom, for instance, but not too much st once. Easier said than done, but after first hip I realized I pushed too hard. Trying to be better this time. Enjoy a restful day.
 
@MammaT - I've just read your entire post-op thread. I'm 6 days away from my RTHR and experiencing a lot of anxiety. Guess I should go to my pre-op thread and lament there... but thank you for the candor and encouragement in your posts (and of those supporting you.) Continue to heal well!
 
@MammaT
Happy Valentines Day! Love that you've got a little chocolate stashed - me too!
I am just finished reading you're recovery thread this morning and I really do appreciate
All you have shared every day.
It gives me a pretty good take on what to expect post op. Your comparisons of both THR
helps me realize this is not cookie cutter and one must deal with what you get post op, the
good along with the " other".
You're inspiring me today! Thank you!
 
Thanks @NanaMama. The great thing about this site is we can lament and celebrate. The members and the staff are so great at sharing experience and advice. Six days is an exciting point. I was a bit nervous but getting ready to be done. I spent last week prior to surgery getting some things done I had put off due to fear of increasing pain. I figured I could tolerate anything for the last week.

@BeBe, the first time I read Jaycey say no two recoveries are the same, even on the same person, she moved way up to the top of the list of wise people I have encountered. Some parts of second recovery are better than first. I see other people zipping by me in recovery, but it is kind of like the person who rushes to pass you in traffic and you both end up at the same stop light.

Happy Valentine’s Day-treat yourselves!
 
Hello @MammaT Ooooo you have chocolate stashed away, why didn't I think of that. I'll get that sorted when I'm out tomorrow. Hope you are Ok and taking your recovery one day at a time and letting all that healing kick in, well not actually kick but you know what I mean. I remember my first couple of weeks at home - being a good patient - and hardly doing anything else but rest ice sleep and a little walking. I used to love just lying in bed with my playlist on, the one I took to hospital. It all became a bit of a healing ritual, and I would visualise my new hip just getting along fine with all my other bits. Mind you I was probably asleep within 5 minutes and that was good too. Agree so much with Jacey about no two recoveries are the same, we all come with our differences as well as our similarities and it's never a case of one size fits all when it comes to recovery. Very wise of you to think twice about going to Church for Ash Wednesday, are you giving anything up for Lent? Definately not chocolate. As children my sister and I were often 'encouraged' to give up chocolate for Lent and we would have a small box that was kept in the living room where we had to put any chocolate we were given. It makes sense now why we were not allowed to keep that box in our bedrooms. Take care MammaT
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom