THR Made it... my random thoughts

Way to go @Mascaramom we did it! Every day should start getting a little easier now. The shower I took today was the best I’ve ever taken. Just to get the smell and chemicals from the hospital off felt really good. So happy to be back with the kids and hubby too. Hopefully yours is driving you less crazy. There’s actually stuff he can go now to make your life easier. Ok I’m off to bed. Sweet dreams of running along the beach.
 
Glad you are home @Mascaramom. was getting bothered by your silence. Those headaches are no joke.

I have never snorkeled before, but may give it a try this summer.

Enjoy your Saturday home with the family and your new hip!
 
@Mascaramom great you are back home there will be ups and downs but it should all be going the right way now. Those spinal headaches are quite well known seem to affect younger people more us old crocs seem to get away with it apparently lying flat and drinking strong caffeinated drinks seems to help so lie yourself down and get someone to put the kettle on for you ! I have managed to drive already and just been doing few little preparation jobs outside as our 2 dogs are coming home today ..chaos returns :doggie::puppysmooze::dogwalk:have a great healing weekend :SUNsmile:
 
So happy you're home.....YAHOO! It's really over....well, at least the scary part.
Isn't this Saturday so much better than trying to occupy your mind with all of the activity of last Saturday,
while those nasty old fears of surgery and anxiety kept knock, knock, knocking on the door...

That headache sounds brutal. I think it was @crispy who had the same and couldn't keep food down.
then that sunny, happy @Bumblebee suggested coffee or caffeine and it worked for Crispy. Nothing worse than a throbbing head.

Those happy tears are very familiar. My worst pain was always getting out of my car. I had to put the palm of my hand on the back of my thigh and guide my leg down. It still hurt but not as excruciatingly as it would
if I just let it down naturally. The first time I got out of the car post op, once released to drive, I cried. Those very same happy tears realizing "THIS (THR) really worked!!! I wanted to get in the car, just to get back out again and prove to myself it was REAL! I got emotional over it the first few times, now it's become a habit to say "Thank You, Jesus". Because I AM so very thankful!

It sounds like they had you navigating stairs every which way but backwards. Practice makes perfect and I'll bet it gave you greater confidence once home. When you first look at them you think - I'm not doing that, what if I fall! At least I though that. In hindsight you realize it's not as difficult as you perceived. There's a theme going here. This THR causes us all to conquer some fears!

I hope your first weekend home is peaceful, comfy, cozy with well managed pain, lots of hugs and kisses from your girls and a nap snuck in for good measure!

Love and hugs to you :loveshwr::friends: @Mascaramom
 
Funny you say that @Layla - they had me do the stairs backwards with the walkers, especially since I would only have to do 1 to get into my house! I got home and (surprise, surprise) did it my way! I'm too much of a klutz to try backwards!
 
@Mascaramom Great that you are home! It is time to be pampered. Do not skimp on pain killers, take as prescribed and you will be feeling better soon. For me the 8 week mark was magical, I feel better than I had felt in 10 years. I wake up with no pain and give thanks each time I get off the bed.
 
How's @Mascaramom doing today?
I hope your pain is well managed and you're able to rest comfortably.
Update us if you're feeling up to it.
Would love to hear how you're doing.....
 
Hi hippies!! :wave:
Today was pretty good considering. Visiting nurse and physical therapist came by today, and both said I am doing very well and moving great. They both warned me about overdoing it and I can absolutely see how easily that could happen. There were a few times I forgot to use my grabber and bent down further than I know I should have.

Although I still can't kick this headache and can't seem to eat anything without feeling nauseous. Even with zofran.


I tried some coffee as you all have suggested but that hasn't quite done the trick. It's nowhere near as bad as the migraine I experienced in the hospital, but it is always there in the background. Hoping tomorrow is better.

I took a nice hot shower today that seemed to help for about an hour.

My swelling isn't so bad, And I must admit I kind of don't mind. I've never had a "booty"before and lately I'm looking a little bit like Kim Kardashian lol lol at least from behind:heehee:
 
Sorry you headache is still in the background @Mascaramom. Hopefully it and nausea will soon stop. Good to hear you are moving well.

Glad you are finding a positive to the swelling. I will be happy to have mine go-don’t need anything added to the booty.

Have a good rest.
 
Hi @Mascaramom wondering if the nurse offered any satisfaction with that nagging headache....
I feel for you with that, sweetie. Headaches are so annoying. I wish you'd get some relief.
Did you try strong black coffee? Don't know how you drink your coffee but I've always heard strong black for a headache. No cream or sugar. I'm gagging :heehee: I NEED half & half in mine.

It's good you found some relief after a shower though!
Pretty soon you'll be parked in the shower, shriveled like a raisin.

Bevlah has a Kim K too so you're not alone there. Told her people pay money to put junk in their trunk nowadays.
Can't imagine but...whatever!

Hope your night is great and your sleep sweet! Hugs
 
@Layla I'm trying a cup of black coffee now. And like you I usually need lots of half-and-half. We'll see how this goes.:gaah: I know coffee is also a diuretic so maybe that will help with my other issues lol

The nurse repeated what I was told in the hospital, which is unfortunately because the percocet has Tylenol in it I can't really take anymore or I have to skip the percocet. She did say that it usually lasts 3 days after a migraine . Sometimes called a ghost headache? Anyway hopefully tomorrow brings much needed relief.

Got all the kiddos tucked into bed, and my little 8 month old puppy hasn't left my side since I came home. This is our 1st puppy (I've always had cats) but now I see what they mean when they say dogs know when you need them to help you feel better ❤

Thank you for all of your support....

I can't wait until I can decrease some medication and form full thoughts and sentences lol then I can hop back over to the pre op side and give some more encouragment to those who need it
 
The migraine hangover can be horrible. For me, the headache would be gone but the brain would still be in a fog and it would seem like I was in slow motion and everything else was speeded up. It will get better, though. One doc I had suggested no-doz since it's basically caffeine (and I hate coffee). We also don't use amitriptyline and nortriptyline for pain much in the US (from what I've seen on this site, it's used for pain more in UK) but it has done wonders for my migraines and both of my sons were put on it to prevent/reduce migraines. Hope you feel better soon
 
Holy Cow:holysheep:I have never done well on stairs, now I'm extra glad that I don't live with them.

I think I :happydance:was posting under the influence of something, this morning. For some reason:oyvey:I think I wasn't making sense:flwrysmile:I took a nap and woke up to Sunday morning:SUNsmile:. I started the coffee. DH joined with me in discussing dinner. :what: Think: Who's on First? We go back & forth. He knew it was Saturday :martini:evening and I thought it was Sunday morning. :loveshwr:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom