THR MammaT’s Matched Set

I got the two pictures and the chair I wanted. Effortless shopping. He brought them over along with soup and we visited a bit. I guess we sort of date. All a bit awkward at our age ( and being with one person for 32 years).
 
@MammaT hi lovely lady I hope you're ok. I see you got the Ted's off but how the devil do you manage to get them back on? I grab the to of them with my grabber and can peel them off quite easily this way, but putting them back on.......:scare:
 
So I told him I’m ok but I feel like someone sawed my femur, removed hip ball, shoved a rod in my femur and sewed me up.”
There you go. That's what I would've said. I see you have kitty as your avatar pic, beautiful markings and beautiful piercing eyes. Kind-of intimidating, bet you were looking like that when he asked you if you were going to church.:skep:
 
MammaT . Matched set of hippy scars! Me too...just saw them, new one looks good, but looks bad OW!
I remember mine looked wicked.
Looks like a scratch, don't know why you can't just throw on some britches and run on down to the store? (Seeping with sarcasm)

Take a few days to shake this off would you?:loll:
 
Last edited:
Yes. He did apologize. We had a nice visit.

That cat is Zombu. Luckily she is beautiful because she is as dumb as a box of rocks. I do love her eyes. She has some Siamese in her, has the distinctive cry. The tortoise shell, Lucy, is much more mellow. I have been “watching “ them fo my sons for 9 years. They’re not much trouble and can be entertaining.

In terms of the reds @Bevlah, I used the sock device they gave us, scrunched one sock over the end and pulled up overvankle. From there not to bad. To tell the truth, I was figuring it wouldn’t work so I could just leave it off. :shrug:

Slept fairly well last night in my 4 hour chunks. Major complaint is the swelling. Hope it starts subsiding. A little tweak in lower right back. Since it is nasty with rain and ice, won’t feel as bad sitting in with lots of ice. Mobility is good. Pain not bad.

Should have FaceTime with kids and grandkids in Arizona today. That will be happy times.

Hope everyone has a good day. This hip stuff may be all consuming right now, but really just a small section of our total lives.
 
@MammaT those socks sound like fun. Not. :( I wonder why I wasn’t told to wear compression socks? Mind you there’s very minimal swelling in my ankles and lower legs. It’s all in my hip, butt, and thigh. Exactly where I needed the extra padding. Lol.
It’s snowy and icy here. Not that I feel up to going anywhere. Hopefully soon. FaceTime with kids and grandkids sounds great. Are you able to see them often? Enjoy your day!!!
 
Compression stockings use really seems to vary. They were once the norm. I am also taking blood thinner for 30 days. Main swelling is hip, butt, thigh, looks to stop at knee.

Seeing kids about once a year. I can retire any time, they would like me to move there. Don’t know about total move. Plan on going out in a few months once hip is well on the way.
 
Good morning, @MammaT. Zombu is striking. How did you come up with her name? Do you have a picture of Lucy posted somewhere?

"I feel like someone sawed my femur, removed hip ball, shoved a rod in my femur and sewed me up.”

Ha! I never asked exactly what this operation involves. Good answer!
 
I guess we sort of date. All a bit awkward at our age
This made me think of my sweet MIL. She was divorced for years and then after she retired she found love with her next door neighbor who was a widower. My husband and I were newly married and she very seriously set up a time to come over and talk with us. I was thinking the worst that she was coming to tell us she had some dreadful disease, but was so relieved when she said she was dating her neighbor! I think she found it embarassing to tell her adult son that she was dating someone when she had been alone for so long, but we were thrilled for her. He was a wonderful man and they got married pretty quickly. He has since passed away but they had many years of fun cooking together and travelling and visiting family in different parts of the country.
 
Well, I do enjoy talking with him. Don’t know will ever go past friendship, but it doesn’t have to. I am actually enjoying my independence as I have gotten used to it ( no disrespect to my deceased husband intended!)
 
Glad you got the items you bid for in the auction. Even gladder that you had the soup delivered. I think sometimes we need to be blunt or peolple dont understand what we’ve been through.
It’s lovely that you have found someone you can talk to whether it developes further or not.
 
I stated dating again at 70, @MammaT after 40+ years of living with one man. We met on line and "dated" via email for 2 months before he asked me out for dinner. We were both widowed. He lived about 3 hours away. I remember thinking when he rounded the corner of the restaurant how short he was. I didn't expect that. But we've been together for 12 years and married for 10 this May. Wonderful things can happen at any age. And then he ends up being my caregiver and he's a natural. Your friendship will go the way it will. Enjoy as much as you want of it and enjoy your independence too. I understand that as well.

So happy to hear all the good recovery news from you. Nothing really unwelcome that I read. Hope I didn't miss something dreadful. But you sound so even and in control. Love that about you in your posts to me. They always put me at ease. Have a happy week and I'll check in again on you then. :yes!::flwrysmile:
 
Well, one week ago this time I was in or wondering what recovery would be like. Today sitting in recliner with ice pack wondering what recovery will be like! Woke up this am with pain around a 3, slept through pain meds. Don’t think I am ready to do much of that yet, but I am happy pain has consistently stayed at no more than 3-4 after first few days and with meds, ice, elevation can get it to 0. Just a question of when it will stay there on it’s own. I’m just working real hard at giving it time.

I am able to do essentials. Get dressed, make meals (son cooked up some beef and chicken before he left so I just add some rice and a vegetable). Been able to tend to litter box thanks to long handled scoop. Getting cats food (got something called cat caddy that has bowls inset into frame and long handle so I can lift them to fill). Managed to load and unload dishwasher and tidy kitchen a bit ( this was done in stages).

Friends from church are bringing meals starting today. Will be good to have some different cooking. Having work colleague who keeps asking if I need help stop over to get trash out to street tomorrow. It’s really hard for me to accept help, but I am working on it. Will have another friend help with the prescription refill dance.

Bruising nowhere near as bad as last hip. Swelling is still pretty intense. Hope to transition to cane this week with home pt approval.

Hope everyone has a good start to their week. Depending on where we are in recovery, we will have ups and downs. Just look for your positive signs of recovery. Don’t rush it, it took time for most of our hips to fall apart, give it time to rebuild.
 
@MommaT you're always so positive even when you're having a rough day. I'm amazed at everything you're doing on your own. I'm lazy having other people around most of the time. Pt is coming for the first time this afternoon so we'll see how that goes. Glad you're able to control your pain at a reasonable level. I have my alarm set during the night. Mind you, I wake up every two hrs anyways. Glad your bruising is better than last time! Have a great day!
 
Thank you @hipster333. With my first hip I was terrified handling everything on own (although I wouldn’t tell anyone). I discovered bonesmart a couple of weeks in and as lucknwould have it they had site issues so I couldn’t really use it to full capability, despite staff member (Jamie I think), trying everything. I was able to read some stuff. Once I returned to work I figured I was healed so who needed a site. As right hip started going and I was having pain in left hip (good hip), I thought I would revisit and see if anyone had similar experience. Wow, did I find guidance and realize that recovery involves much more than first couple of weeks and my overall recovery would have benefitted by not staying away.

Going through this time, I have picked up so many tips. The fact we have done this once doesn’t mean we have answers for second time.

I read some of the struggles some have and realize I am fortunate. I miss my husband while going through some of this stuff, but we just have to move forward from where we are ( crying as I type!) life is too short to be negative and I think a positive attitude helps our recovery. And there are some tremendously supportive, positive people here.

Enjoy having the help of others. I am working at letting others help me this time. Getting home cooked meals every night this week from church friends.

Good luck with pt-mine hasn’t called yet so I may be on the phone after lunch. Thanks for listening to my whine.
 
@Walkinginthesand, someone on another post was suggested a bonesmart cruise. I thought that was a great idea. I have also read of members arranging to meet each other. Who knows? With our new hips anything is possible!
 
@MammaT oh I just felt so sad reading your post that you miss your husband. You so need someone looking after you! I have my partner and am truly thankful as I know how hard it is this recovery thing. Sending you a massive hug
 
Back
Top Bottom