Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

You are doing so well, Mireille.
What a great summer you will have!
Healing hugs:friends:
 
Yes @Mireille, ice and rest is what we need, with pain meds thrown in on occasion. While I didn’t need anything through the night last night(I actually slept well) will take them as scheduled for a few days while awake. I don’t want my dislike of them to keep me from using them while my body is healing, but I am also not afraid of dropping back to just Tylenol when it can do the job.

I thought the ice machine might be a bit cumbersome so I didn’t mess with that. New large sized ice packs are perfect. First shower is on agenda for today. Will wait until son is up so he can put shower chair in for me. While I am doing rather well, moving that on my own had all kinds of stupid written all over it.

Home health care coming sometime today and some family is supposed to drop in. I make no guarantees to stay awake for anyone but nurse!

Hope you have a good, non eventful day.
 
:hi: Happy Thursday
Just noticed your signature. Wow, you've experienced a lot!
You're the pro here to be doling out the advice.

It took me months to sleep on my op side. I was afraid to attempt it.
Now I fall asleep on it most nights, funny how we adjust. I had posterior so my scar is on my side.

Those first few post op showers are the best. They feel like such an accomplishment!
A great day to you!

@Mireille
 
Oops, posted on your pre-op...
:)
 
Good morning @Mireille. Hope you can have a good weekend with your new hip. My recovery is downright boring. Minimal pain. Sleeping fairly well. Moving around well. Swelling is there, perhaps a little less tight today.

Hope your good start has continued.
 
Happy Saturday!
I hope you're recovery is still moving along smoothly.
You've done so well from the very beginning it's amazing.
Hope your weekend is peaceful and relaxing as you continue to heal.
@Mireille
 
Happy Saturday, today I'm a little sore, I imagine it's the PT session I had yesterday. It's not terrible but a little annoying, lol. Still have swelling but it's a little less tight. I'll constantly moving because I can't stay still and I always get a little paranoid about blood clots. :heehee:

@MammaT glad your recovery is boring, that's a good thing. Enjoy your weekend, each day that passes we get closer to a full recovery. :flwrysmile:
 
Well I think I joined the "overdoing it" club. Just realized that my swelling has gravitated to right above the knee, probably because I'm OCD and can't stay still. Icing now from the hip to my knee with leg elevated and resting. I don't want to remain in this club, lol
 
Take it easy on yourself! Rest and ice and move those ankles :). No we don't want any blood clots! My next weekend we'll be moving even more :)
 
The knee may just be a carry over from the surgery or it could be from tightness of some of the muscles that run between the hip and the knee. Whichever, lots of ice!
 
Hitting the ice on my knee today too @Mireille. The swelling seems to spread down on the way out. I’m sure there is a technical reason related to lymphatic system. However, from previous surgery and the experience shared here, I think we are normal. Also, it doesn’t take much for us to overdo it at this stage. Probably why they really mean it when they say ice, rest, elevate and walk, but even that not to excess. So much easier to tell others than it is to do!
 
You may not have overdid it @Mireille
You're only four days post op. As I'm sure you've heard the knee sustains
trauma as it's used to dislocate the hip. I had swelling and some decent bruising in the area
days later. Icing is key. Ice it right along with the hip. Warm blankie required.....Brrrr!
 
@Layla and @MammaT thanks so much, i feel better knowing that. It's just been an unusual day, I feel shaky and anxious to the point that I now have become nauseated. My blood pressure is a little high which is not normal for me, it's usually lower than normal. Even my heart rate is a little elevated. I haven't been eating much, no appetite. Trying to force myself to eat something now. I guess this is my first complaint post surgery.:dubious:
 
Hi again @Mireille
I'm really sorry you're having a rough time of it today.
As we know, emotional stress / anxiety can raise our BP.
Wondering if you are feeling anxious? Sometimes one feeds another.
You feel anxious for some reason then you notice an increased heart rate
then that makes you more anxious....:tiredwheel:

Consider listening to some relaxation music in a quiet room or doing something
that may calm you. One of my go to's was an adult coloring book. I bought a bigger box of Crayola colored pencils which made me happy in itself, like the first days of grade school with all your new school supplies :heehee: I could get lost in that coloring book! May or may not appeal to you...

A game I played a lot in recovery was an online game called Word Soup. It's free and can become addicting also. My granddaughter turned me on to it and we'd play together. It's easy and serves as a distraction.

The appetite loss is a tough one. I never suffered that, but I know you're in good company.
Fruit, Yogurt, Cheese & Crackers, Cottage Cheese, Nuts, Dried Fruit......just a few ideas if they don't sound unappetizing. Just graze several times a day if you're able.

Hoping you begin feeling better as the evening progresses. Hugs to you :console2:
 
Hi @Mireille! If you want to try some meditation exercises to help you relax, headspace.com has guided meditations delivered with a lovely male British accent. I am generally anxious too and concentrating on my breathing for a while does help me. Also, DH wrapped my sore knee with an Ace bandage to help stabilize it. You might consider trying that?
 
For some darned reason I love eating cheesits post op. Something about those crackers. I am also big on fruit, nuts and yogurt. Just try eating small snacks. If your blood sugar gets out of one from not eating, that can make you shakey.
 
I did grapes. It's all that would go down easy...red ones, green ones, cold cold cold.
Hope you are better today.:hi:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom