THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

@Jaycey All bloods taken and scan in 2 - 3 weeks then app in 4 weeks. I felt wonderful on the steroids. Just like my old self but of course can't stay on them forever!! Back pain still bad but they are only looking at the swelling and pain at the moment. I had my leg length measured and they are the same but right hip is an inch higher than the the left and tilts forward. Maybe the scoliosis?? Have tried chiropractor and 2 lots of physio to rectify but no good. What next I ask myself!! May go to podiatrist to see if I need lift in shoe. Am sick of getting old! My mind tells me otherwise LOL! Must keep going though - all will be well and if not will adjust. Have a lovely evening Love Carol x

Aw @Cas it's not getting old! You're just going through a bad patch. One day at a time.

Have you tried an osteopath? I can't tolerate chiro at all due to my back issues. But an osteopath really helped me post LTHR. My SI joints were locked due to all the limping around I had done pre-op. I had a series of appointment that including gentle manoeuvres and acupuncture. It worked for me.

The lift in your shoe might also help. Or orthotics if you are carrying yourself wrong. Find someone who will do an analysis of your gait.

Hang in there!

@Jaycey . Had my last app with os and am now signed off. The xray showed how much bone had grafted onto the implant and there was loads!! Still a bit to go but was most impressed - it looked good. He said any probs with it or other hip just get GP to send me back to him and he will sort it. Pain clinic rang and said they would get me booked in with an osteopath and if that doesn't work then the injections. Also suggests podiatrist about length of discrepencies with hips. Things seem to be moving in the right direction - a marathon next! LOL! (if only):walking:
We had loadsa snow here. Have you got much? We'll see if "The Beast " arrives tonight as predicted!!!!:kayak:

@Cas great update - sounds like you are definitely headed in the right direction. Is the osteopath on the NHS?

Having that leg length checked might just ease some of that pain as well. Great stuff! So happy for you!

Lots of snow here and the donkeys are not the least bit impressed. Can we please fast forward to Spring?

@Jaycey Spring sounds good to me.LOL. Poor donkeys they are used to hot weather aren't they? Give them a carrot from me. We are holed up for the night and daughter is working from home tomorrow - just in case it's really bad. Have 2 blood test this week in Hull so hope the roads are ok. Today was not bad at all on the road. Not like it was years ago. Some people don't know what a bad winter is like!!

Poor donkeys they are used to hot weather aren't they?
Yes, they are desert animals. But they do grow very furry coats in winter. Tomorrow is supposed to be very, very cold. I may have to put their rugs on. :(
Have 2 blood test this week in Hull so hope the roads are ok.
Take the train if you have to. Less stress and no worries about road conditions.

You are so right - all this panic about a bit of cold and snow. I think the press loves to wind everyone up!

@Jaycey Hi there how are you getting on with all this snow? Been awful here - taken to borrowing my daughters onesie to sleep in as it's been soooo cold. Have had frozen toilets and pipes - great fun. Am in Hull tomorrow for yet again more blood tests!! Think my poor vein will give up the ghost at this rate. LOL! Am having a few g&T even though I'm not supposed to! Just thought oh what the h***. Am enjoying them. LOL! My liver enzimes or whatever will prob be high on friday. My daughter was going away for the weekend but had to cancel because of snow but the landlady has given them an alternate date so no money lost so she and I plus dog are going to have a day in Hull after bloods. Hope the weather has not been too bad for you and the donkeys - love Carol

Hi Carol, I hope the blood tests go well tomorrow! I am sorry to hear about the RA, as well as the frozen pipes. Our heat went out in early January during a very cold snap here in DC. At least I could sleep well under piles of blankets in our very cold room.

@Cas Good luck in Hull. Shopping after - right?

What can I say about the weather - absolute pits! Snow and ice everywhere. The donkeys were in their winter stable for 4 straight days. Just too cold for them. At least today the snow is gone and they can be out and about. It's 4C now and actually feels warm!

@marguerite Hi there. What you must have felt like in January! We ran out of oil just before christmas due to the gauge sticking and froze for 4 days till we got supplies. We were walking round with as many clothes on as possible - even resorted to cuddling up to the dog for some heat LOL! Toilets now unfrozen and pipes ok I think. How are you doing now? Hope all is getting better . Keep me updated - cheers Carol

@Jaycey The snow has melted here and we saw some sun as well! It really lifts the spirits. Now we have to contend with the mud!!!!!!!!! The garden is like a swamp at the moment especially where the dog runs. A muddy, puddly one at that - will need grass seed later. Have more blood tests tomorrow. Am beginning to feel like a pincushion. Waiting for an app with the podiatrist and a another scan. Think I will move in for a month and save my diesel!!! hugs Carol

We were walking round with as many clothes on as possible - even resorted to cuddling up to the dog for some heat LOL!
Oh dear! Hope all is sorted now! That cold wind was terrible!

The garden is like a swamp at the moment especially where the dog runs.
We have 2 full paddocks of mud and more rain coming tonight! :gaah:

Oh bless - maybe you could sell mud baths to ladies that lunch? Or mud wrestling? Seriously though what a bummer. Our snow just turns to mushy mud while in other countries it just ebbs away!! Dog and cats are bad enough but the thought of cleaning up the donkeys - what fun. LOL. Keep warm and safe xxxxx

upload_2018-3-13_10-36-31.png

had a lovely mothers day. Got a free scooter plus free adission at fountains abbey so was able to spend 6 hours going round the site!!!!!!! First time in 3 years I've been able to go with the dog and my daughter on a long walk. Need one of these all terrain vehicles. @Jaycey

Love seeing you out and sightseeing with your dog! Glad you had such a nice Mother's Day!

sorry not been on for a while. Have had numerous hospital appointments - at least 3 a week!!!! I think everything possible will have been scanned, ultrasounded, exrayed and blood tested. What a boon NHS really is we are so lucky in this country and I have been very lucky in getting all the appointments one after the other with not much waiting. My hip is brilliant but it has now brought other things to light. Hopefully all will be well soon. Cheers Carol

hi all. Am very busy just now so not on here a lot at the mo. Am averaging 5 hospital appointments a week at the mo. However next week I have 7!!!! I think I will have had a full body MOT before they're finished. Hope you are all recovering well. Love Carol

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • CricketHip
    Staff member since June 5, 2019

Forum statistics

Threads