THR Recovery

Glad you are on the healing side.
Yeah for getting well and bye bye hip pain.:yahoo:
 
Uneventful nights are a good thing @WAHOOWA . I woke at 7:30 amazed at how uneventful my night was. A little sore and stiff this am, but nothing to complain about so far.
 
Hi @WAHOOWA
Happy to hear you're settled in at home. Let the healing begin!
Hope you have a great day. Don't let PT be too rough on you :wink:
 
Overall a pretty good day! PT asked more questions than anything else! I did light workout, nothing to hard mostly just resting and ice! Walking in house a little each hour! Sorry but easier than the right one!The right one was way worse shape at surgery than the left!! Take care hippies!!
 
Hi @WAHOOWA
So far so good! Keep it up. Lots of rest, ice and meds as prescribed.
Hope you get a good nights sleep :sleep:
 
This is just what your body needs at this time.
Let that new ball joint and tie rod settle in.
Great attitude toward a successful recovery. Yahoo, @WAHOOWA :egypdance:
 
I’m with you @WAHOOWA. Second is better than first. Even though it has only been a year and a half in between, my os has changed up protocol and procedure some. Also, don’t know about you, but I moved on second hip much quicker than first. While doc did say I had no cartilage, it was not as messed up as left and I did not have an extended period of severe pain.

I’m not going to make any apologies for this one seeming easier. I do need to be careful that just because it is easier that I don’t push things too much. I still have a few months of healing that needs to take place. I don’t want to mess up this good start!
 
Worst night so far! Didn't sleep to well and noticed my knee is really swollen this morning! In recliner now with ice pack on my knee! I don't recall my knee swelling on my right side! O well I guess they are all different!
 
I had a terrible knee with left side @WAHOOWA. So far minimal with right. So yes, I think they are all different. Home health nurse reminded me that days 4-7 you can notice more bruising coming out and swelling can move around. I guess swelling moves down the body on the way out. Ice, elevation, and pain meds are your best bet right now.
.
I know years ago they said 3rd or 4th day after surgery would be worse and improvements after that.

Hope icing helps. Gentle walking. Since we are getting freezing rain here, I think a good day to check out olympics and find a netflicks binge watching item.
 
Last edited:
@WAHOOWA pleased to here your recovery is going the right way now try and build some strength up going to need some help with all these ladies here some seem quite dangerous reading on other threads @Mojo333 2 exs 'natural causes' hmmm think we need to watch each others backs take it easy .
 
Wow @mcopt, when you put it that way I guess it could look scary from your perspective! I still think you are plotting your revenge.
 
Hi @WAHOOWA! It sounds like your recovery is going well! My beloved cat is staying at a friend's house for the duration. She wants to take care of me and did that by sitting on my arthritic hip.
 
Hi @WAHOOWA
Sorry about that knee. That can be miserable.
Icing it right along with your hip will relieve the pain.
Hipster333 was having the very same problem yesterday.
Our poor knee is used as leverage to dislocate the hip. Ouchie!
A great Saturday to you.
 
Well my pain wasn't too bad today,I have changed to half a 10 mg pill every 4hrs during the day and a whole one every 4 hours at night! Ice and elevating seems to have helped knee swelling! I can only sleep about 3 hours at a time at night,hat waking my wife up but still paranoid getting out of bed alone! Hope everyone sleeps well tonight with n drama!!
 
You too @WAHOOWA. I’ve only been taking 5/325 Percocet every four hours with a Tylenol. Hoping swelling in thigh goes down some tomorrow-it is quite large. Knee has not gotten worse today. Hope you get some sleep, maybe you can increase to 4 hours tonight.
 
Great news!
I'd continue icing the knee as long as it's bothering you.
I slept similar to you. Usually about 4 hrs.....out like a light.
I'd wake for a bathroom break...then lights out again :sleep: for another 3-4 hrs.
I'm sure your wife doesn't mind you waking her until you feel confident enough.
You don't want any accidents happening. She'll need to start all over from the beginning :gaah:

Hope you sleep well tonight!
@WAHOOWA
 
Really felt good yesterday ,took a shower and went outside and walked my driveway! Mother in-law and her friend came by and visited! Skipped my pain meds during the day, went 8 hrs with nothing and I sure felt it last night! Do as everyone says and don't skip pain meds this early!! Not to bad night sleep after I got pain under control!!Home nurse came this morning , more of same questions! O well everyone has a job to do!! Time for a nap! Take care BS!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom