Guest viewing is limited

BeBe says "Ruh Roh" !!! Not Again

@LauraVall
I get the low back thing too!!! been there and done that on the car crash too!
Also have the flat femoral head, OS said it was "squaring up nicely" LOL!
Hey wait are you me? :rotfl:
 
It's amazing how many of us have similar tales of wow.......at least you have your sense of humor! It's always sustained me through a n y t h i n g, but this debilitating pain has tried really hard to take it away. I'm finding more light by joining in here and not lurking!
:thankyou: @BeBe
 
Good to read that joining in has been satisfying for you @LauraVall it's nice having you here!

Checking in to say Hi and see how you're doing @BeBe
Three more days and we'll be in the month that brings you some relief!
Is it the 23rd for sure? We should add it as your signature if it is....
Hope your weekend was good and that you're pain is tolerable.
Hang on.....it's coming!
 
@Layla Hi! :wave:
You're sweet to come here and shake the bushes on my thread!
Yes March 23 I added it just now.
My pre-op testing at the surgical center is Thursday March 1. Third times a charm right? I wanted the testing to be "early" in the 30 day insurance requirement window, in case there is another glitch to work around, that way I have time to rectify.
My daughter is coming home for a long weekend next week. I am so happy for that reprieve from "hip focus".!
Pain isn't going anywhere but I pace myself to do as much as I can, which is getting to be less and less every week. My left hip is really trying to compete with the right for which is more painful.
I am an old pro at icing and elevating already!
It helps to visit everyone else's threads to know we are together in this. :friends:And the recoverers give me a lot to look forward to for post op.:dancy:
 
:happydance::egypdance::yes!:
BeBe has a date!
So glad the show is getting on the road. Life with Hip pain is miserable.
Hope today is a Good Day, and check your burners.:giggle:
 
Hi there,
Thinking of you this morning.
It's coming, BeBe....seems like it's taking forever.
You're so patient, I understand you don't have a choice
but I'd be doing this all over the place :tantrum: :tantrum2::hairpulling:
Hope you're weekend is comfortable and peaceful. Hugs!
@BeBe
 
Finally have internet back from our recent nor'easter. I have had nonstop tech issues lately.
Gotta catch up with everyone.
Had my most recent preop testing last Thursday - wonder what they will find this time?!
Must say I do like everyone I have had contact with at this surgicenter, professional,
empathetic; helps to lower the stress level .
 
When do you hear back about the pre-op testing? I hope they come through for you this time.
 
@BeBe.....you have to wait for your pre op results? I assumed they would tell you at the pre-op appointment if anything was wrong (tho I'm not entirely sure what they do at pre-op apart from go thro your admission and medical history forms).....this sure is a learning curve! Hope you sail thro with flying colours :fingersx:
 
Hi @anny
My preop at the surgicenter this time was fairly basic. Bloods, urinalysis, interview with nurse to go over medical history.
My previous chest X-ray and cardiac work up from the first go around last Oct just makes the 6 month cutoff for being within dates. So I did not have to do that again.

Since I was just there the end of January to take the tour and have my one on one with the joint coordinator I did not have that do over. This surgicenter does the one on one instead of the joint class (which I had taken at the previous hospital back in Oct) this was a much better setup and geared specifically to me, not just the basics covered with 30 people having various joints replaced. (Much better more in depth info to be found here on BS)

Next I have to be "cleared" by my PCP which is the same guy who cleared me 3 times back in Oct when I had the
bronchitis issue. He also missed my abnormal lab results back then too which should have been figured out prior to that surgery attempt. In January he was careful to call off my surgery because of the odd results.
So. I have to go back to him because he knows my history at this point and it's too late to jump ship for a new doc. He is a very nice guy and my take on all this is I just have to be my best advocate and push on to surgery on the 23rd.

Have you done your preop appointment Anny? Hope all goes well with yours and you sail through it with flying colors!
 
So happy to read you finally have a surgery date! We are with you on this!
 
Glad you have a date. :flwrysmile:@BeBe I just noticed the debit card and people in line behind you:tantrum2: and where did my brain go??:holysheep: Then I saw f-i-b-r-o. :censored: I know I would have felt better right out of the gate if it were not for that :eeeuw:. You are in my prayers. :praying:
 
Thank you @AgilityDog! I take all the prayers I can get. You are sweet to notice my stumble, I know others share that added baggage.
My rheumatologist gave me the Fibro handle about 10 years ago. I try to prove her wrong on a daily basis.
Uphill climb though. If you have it you know what I'm talking about.
Lately the brain fog (pain brain) has been really up front and that grocery store incident was such an in your face moment.
But we persevere.
 
Thank YOU. I felt a kindred spirit. I wad only told Fibromyalgia last summer.y body doesn't really like the usual Rx, so I am done with them. For this week. (Every time I say I don't ever want to do something, there I am, doing that very thing)
 
Just having a difficult time trying to sleep so headed to the preop side of hippyland here on BS
So many new people!! I have lots of catching up to do tomorrow.
I had my third preop medical clearance appointment last Thursday. The doc had not received my
Most recent lab results from the previous week so could not officially "clear" me for surgery. Guess
I have a couple phone calls to make tomorrow - just can't afford to let a small thing slide like medical
clearance!
 
Dearest, BeBe,...You can now say "next week". One week from tomorrow you will finally
get your turn. I hope the time flies and that you're holding up okay.
Thinking of you as you wait. Hope your weekend is good.
@BeBe
 
@Layla You are sweet to check on me!

I keep thinking something else is going to happen!
My husband came home tonight with a full blown head cold. He was staying away from me and
wearing a mask:rotfl: and here I had planned a second honeymoon for this weekend:hugzz: well kinda...
That's not happening!

I was told they would call me if something was wrong with med clearance and no news so far, I will call again tomorrow.
Now I'm just cleaning house and laying low. Have a new horse babysitter coming Saturday. Last guy didn't work out. Trying to get my ducks in a row. My son and husband are ok choring the barn but I need backup!
I'm on and off BS usually check in when I'm icing
You have a great weekend too!
 
Hi @MajorHeidi !
Yes it's getting closer! I have been cancelled TWICE! Every one says third times a charm right?
I feel more like "always a bridesmaid - never a bride":heehee:

I'm hesitant too but only because I just hate going through surgery and recovery. I HAVE to have this surgery, hips have gone from bad to worse since last Oct when I was originally scheduled. Didn't really think that was possible but...
Are you all prepped and ready? I see this is not your first rodeo. Then I guess you know what you are hesitant about?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom