Recent content by Dive17

  1. D

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    @danabanana My OS works at a major teaching hospital and we get all our records online. He kindly took a picture of the X-ray with my phone at the last visit. He said that many people ask for those, so he is good at taking pictures. Only the write ups are posted online, not the actual X-rays...
  2. D

    THR Extra length added to THR

    @Shageya I also had a difference in the two leg lengths before the surgery. They added 1 1/2 inches to my operated length. It took a while for my body to get used to the new length. One things that helped me is to practice walking tall, with my shoulders slightly back and a straight back, sort...
  3. D

    THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

    Excellent @jaydub63 ! My OS was more conservative, still asking me to take abbreviated back swings and hold off on using the golf driver until 10-12 weeks (I waited until yesterday, almost 9 weeks, no issues). He asked for another visit in 8 weeks. Also, I got the standard spiel to avoid high...
  4. D

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    So sorry about your bronchitis, @Canucklady . This is a golden opportunity for the rest of the family to feel useful. I hope that the rehab center keeps your mom long enough so she can do most things unaided. Independence is important for all of us. Get well soon!
  5. D

    THR Other hip is starting to hurt

    I went back to work at home after 3 weeks and at the office after 5 weeks. It was too early. The problem was not accomodations, it was the condition of my body. I fought exhaustion the first two weeks. Just driving home in the evening was a challenge. I was so tired that all I could do is pray...
  6. D

    THR Patrikya’s THR recovery journey

    Hi Patrikya, I hope that you are feeling much better. I am still doing the bending with the right leg extended to reduce hip pressure. I may keep bending over that way until the next hip is replaced, which my OS puts at 5-10 years. How did you feel after the yoga practice? I am thinking of...
  7. D

    THR MammaT’s Matched Set

    @MammaT So glad that you are recovering. If you bring your walker or even better have someone bring you on a wheelchair to church, you get to go first in line for ashes or communion, or anything else. I used my walker to church the first week and everyone was so helpful! Please play it by ear...
  8. D

    THR Made it... my random thoughts

    @Mascaramom Great that you are home! It is time to be pampered. Do not skimp on pain killers, take as prescribed and you will be feeling better soon. For me the 8 week mark was magical, I feel better than I had felt in 10 years. I wake up with no pain and give thanks each time I get off the bed.
  9. D

    THR Trouble sleeping on my back

    Hi @Clipper , played 9 holes yesterday in mucky cart path only conditions. Scored better than before the surgery, which is not great but better. The best news, I was dog tired but not in pain, woohoo! Was going to go out today again and we got 3 inches of rain this morning. There are ponds...
  10. D

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    @Canucklady , things should go much smoother with your mom in rehab. They will get her ready to go home and take a big load off you. The grabber works great with soft pants as @GrannyC said. I found a pair of dressier looking soft pull on pants online on Lands End that are good for church...
  11. D

    THR Trouble sleeping on my back

    Good morning, I am posting a short one and then back to work. The last few days have been pretty good. I had an almost today. I have a rear tire with a slow leak and have not gone to the shop. My DH was supposed to add air last night and forgot, so I had to stop at the gas station and pump it...
  12. D

    THR Trouble sleeping on my back

    Thank you @MammaT . I just ordered me another grabber, red to match my car, I will be styling. Those things are awesome. Q1 is always a bear for work, and this year there are two additional big projects. No rest for the healing. @jaydub63 I am fighting the insurance because they got the copays...
  13. D

    THR So many ups and downs<

    I am so sorry about your kitty. My pup is 13 years old and showing her age, sleeps all the time and has a hard time walking in the cool weather with arthritis. I dread not having her with me some day. Hugs across the globe:sad:
  14. D

    THR Patrikya’s THR recovery journey

    Hi Patrikya, December 11 was a good day for both of us. I had the posterior lateral approach, so the risk of dislocation is higher. I am being extremely careful and will probably not try to pick up things unaided for 3 months. The pain is much better, only 2-3 on the scale unless I have a long...
  15. D

    Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

    Yep, @Gretel , thigh burns and do not even have to walk. My OS said that it may take a year for all the nerves, muscles and tendons to finish healing. Repeat repeatedly " Patience is a Virtue."
Back
Top Bottom