THR Extra length added to THR

Great for you..on getting cleared to drive at two weeks post op.
Wonderful to hear your doctor said PT was no longer necessary and to using walking as exercise.
Hope you have a relaxing week and a very Merry Christmas!
@Shageya
 
My surgery went so well December 6, 2017, that I really had no post op issues. For the last few days I have felt and have been moving as if I never had surgery. However tonight I felt some twinge in the incision area and when I woke up I felt some pain on the outside of thigh and to the top of knee. Is this “ normal”? Should I be worried about a blood clot?
 
Hi @Shageya they sound like normal recovery twinges to me. I still get some stinging in my incision and aches and pains every now and then. Usually when I’ve been more active. I find rest,elevation and ice sorts them out. If you are concerned contact your OS. I’ll tag @Josephine in as still will be able to give advice re a possible blood clot
 
@Shageya Hi and welcome. Sorry you are so worried but agree with Jackie. It probably is that you have done more or something unusual thats set off some pain. Hopefully Josephine can put your mind at rest/ meanwhile make an app to see your GP he can help with your fears re the blood clot worry. I still get twinges and pain in my body and trapped sciatica nerve but it seems my body is still adjusting to my new way of walking!!! It's been compensating for so long LOL. Try not to worry too much till you hear from Josephine. Do let us know how you get on. Sending hugs Carol
 
Same symptoms, zips, zaps, niggles, aches.
Early out for you, and alot of times when post op it's so uneventful, we can tend to overdo before all that inside healing is ready for you to.
Speaking from my own unfortunate experience...are you still icing after activity?
Things are just aggravated!:sorry:
 
Hi @Shageya
Sounds like your recovery has been progressing well.
The twinges and pain you describe sound pretty normal to me.
As far as worrying about a blood clot, check out these common symptoms
for DVT or PE which can be found online:
Pain or tenderness in your leg.
Swelling or warmth in your leg.
Red or discolored skin on your leg.
Veins that stick out.
Shortness of breath.
Sudden chest pain.
Painful breathing.
If you're really concerned about something in particular,
a quick phone call to your OS, or member of his care team,
may put your mind at ease.

Hope you have a great day!
 
However tonight I felt some twinge in the incision area and when I woke up I felt some pain on the outside of thigh and to the top of knee.
Could you tell me the site of this pain using this chart

[Bonesmart.org] Extra length added to THR
 
@Shageya you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if necessary
 
@Shageya I also had a difference in the two leg lengths before the surgery. They added 1 1/2 inches to my operated length. It took a while for my body to get used to the new length. One things that helped me is to practice walking tall, with my shoulders slightly back and a straight back, sort of like marching in the army puffing your chest a bit. The side of the leg and the knee hurt for a while and my OS said that this could last up to 6 months. I still get swelling and soreness on the thigh if I sit too long or overdue the activities.
 
One things that helped me is to practice walking tall, with my shoulders slightly back and a straight back, sort of like marching in the army puffing your chest a bit.
This has helped me too. Wasn't aware of how bad my gait and stance had become...and becomes habitual even when you CAN stand tall.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom